Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 ... 2191

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2763318 times)

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #32130 on: September 19, 2019, 02:37:51 pm »

Now I am on the Library Girl arc and something made me feel different. Not like overall personal difference but a specific difference.

I understand the whole wifu thing and what kind of character attributes that are someone's personal favorites but what I am feeling is not like that.

Little miss librarian girl is my kind of cute, tiny soft spoken but extremely intelligent while being imaginative, there's something else I can't put my finger on. At first, I thought it was sexual attraction but there's nothing that matched it. I know there is some sympathy for her inability to speak with people and to be honest with her opinion to others but it's not that since I know that aspect.

It's almost love but I highly doubt that. A good writer does make characters that seem like real people but it's not the same as dealing with real people.

I don't know, it's not freaking me out but it is disturbing that I feel something that I can't identify.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32131 on: September 19, 2019, 05:45:05 pm »

Different people cry from different things.
They totally do, but I usually spot the likelihood to some degree, far as I've noticed. It's entirely possible it's just been long enough I don't remember the material well, or that the anime tugs different strings, s'just as far as I remember the manga it didn't present on that dimension much or at all. More absurdity/humor, iirc, with most unfortunate bits of the situations downplayed or played off. Ain't  nothing wrong with it or anythin', just a bit of a surprise to me.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32132 on: September 20, 2019, 02:32:22 am »

Now I am on the Library Girl arc and something made me feel different. Not like overall personal difference but a specific difference.

I understand the whole wifu thing and what kind of character attributes that are someone's personal favorites but what I am feeling is not like that.

Little miss librarian girl is my kind of cute, tiny soft spoken but extremely intelligent while being imaginative, there's something else I can't put my finger on. At first, I thought it was sexual attraction but there's nothing that matched it. I know there is some sympathy for her inability to speak with people and to be honest with her opinion to others but it's not that since I know that aspect.

It's almost love but I highly doubt that. A good writer does make characters that seem like real people but it's not the same as dealing with real people.

I don't know, it's not freaking me out but it is disturbing that I feel something that I can't identify.

This sounds a lot like the Japanese concept of moe. Actually, I'm pretty certain that if you described this to a Japanese otaku, they'd just say "oh, you've got moe" (pronounced moh-eh).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

Moe used in slang refers to feelings of affection, adoration, devotion, and excitement felt towards characters that appear in manga, anime, video games, and other media. Characters that elicit feelings of moe are called "moe characters." The word has also evolved to be used regarding all kinds of topics. Included in the meaning of the word is the idea that "deep feelings felt towards a particular subject" is used in cases where a simple "like" is not enough to express the feeling. The common feature in all feelings of moe is that the subject of such feelings is something that one cannot possibly have a real relationship with, like a fictional character, a pop idol, or an inorganic substance. It can be considered a kind of "pseudo-romance," but it is not always seen to be the same as "romance."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 02:35:37 am by Reelya »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32133 on: September 20, 2019, 09:51:42 am »

This sounds a lot like the Japanese concept of moe. Actually, I'm pretty certain that if you described this to a Japanese otaku, they'd just say "oh, you've got moe" (pronounced moh-eh).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moe_(slang)

Moe used in slang refers to feelings of affection, adoration, devotion, and excitement felt towards characters that appear in manga, anime, video games, and other media. Characters that elicit feelings of moe are called "moe characters." The word has also evolved to be used regarding all kinds of topics. Included in the meaning of the word is the idea that "deep feelings felt towards a particular subject" is used in cases where a simple "like" is not enough to express the feeling. The common feature in all feelings of moe is that the subject of such feelings is something that one cannot possibly have a real relationship with, like a fictional character, a pop idol, or an inorganic substance. It can be considered a kind of "pseudo-romance," but it is not always seen to be the same as "romance."

Ok, I thought I was just going a little crazy there, nah this is perfectly WHAT IN THE NANI FUCK IS GOING ON?!?! I have romantic feelings for a anime character. Ok now I know I'm crazy. I didnt know that was physically possible?!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #32134 on: September 20, 2019, 10:09:50 am »

You have obtained a waifu
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32135 on: September 20, 2019, 02:12:49 pm »

Moe is a powerful force.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #32136 on: September 20, 2019, 02:48:32 pm »

It's not because of the MC that's doing it but for the girls that have the issues that surround them gets me wet.

Even though it seems like MC doesn't like to admit it, he does ever so slightly fall for the girls that he has to target for the souls.
girls that have the issues that surround them gets me wet.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32137 on: September 20, 2019, 03:13:20 pm »

Dammit, the one time I wasn't trying for sexual innuendo. Also dammit, the first time I fell for someone in less than 30 mins is only angry pixies on my phone. I'm a hopeless romantic.

King of Candy Island.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32138 on: September 22, 2019, 05:47:47 am »

Well, I am watching an anime right now called Konakon. There's a scene where one of the characters used the quote "If there's no bread, then eat cake." for a reference in where the main girl had lost her bust to be completely flat and the MC is trying to help it grow back again. Found out what the other girl meant by cake and well.... let just say that's the first time I heard that way of talking about that....

Dont get me wrong, it is a cute anime but that completely threw me even though main love interest has more thirst than Nasa scientists going after Mars.

King of Candy Island.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32139 on: September 22, 2019, 06:02:45 am »

You mean Kanokon? That's one of the perviest animes. Wait for the "swimsuit" episode.

EDIT: i was trying to think of something in this vein that's recommendable. To Love Ru is probably the best one overall.

Also another one that doesn't get much mention:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/22865/Rokujouma_no_Shinryakusha

A guy moves into a tatami room, and there's a ghost girl in there. Then, a princess from a subterranean civilization burrows through the floor. Also, an alien girl invades the flat. And a magical-girl turns up and starts living in his closet.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 06:17:20 am by Reelya »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32140 on: September 22, 2019, 06:38:23 am »

If you want pervy, I found one that I am waiting to see the home release version called Why the Hell are you doing here, Teacher?!

King of Candy Island.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32141 on: September 22, 2019, 07:10:13 am »

Yeah I did see a little of that, that one's censored to hell and back. But it's not the most perviest thing, they censored nipples through clothing and panty shots. It's the censorship itself that makes it seem more risque than it really is. I mean: one of the censored shots was nipples through a shirt and sweater. That's low-level. It's not even in the ballpark of perviest TV anime. The censorship is so in your face that what they're really selling is that the final version is watchable, and they dribbled out a late-night TV version which had slightly less of the censorship, but still censored fully clothed shots. This is a deliberate marketing trick. What's under the censor logos? Nothing you haven't seen done on TV already.

You gotta set the bar somewhere, so I'd say Highschool DxD is the standard for "very pervy" (by TV standards) and anything over that is the "extremely pervy" stuff. Highschool DxD had exposed breasts right from the start of the intro credits, and did that on the original broadcast, no censorship at all. It redefined what they could get away with. There was an arms-race after that to push the envelope further, however I think that's dropped off now: there are only really a handful of pure ecchi shows that have survived and had multiple seasons, and being too lewd can turn off potential viewers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 07:40:30 am by Reelya »

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32142 on: September 23, 2019, 04:06:35 am »

I was watching a series called Recently, My Sister is Unusual and at first I thought it would be a cute little anime but noooooo.... that little angel is one horny celestial. Jesus Christ, she is the worst I've seen so far.

One of the moments that I nearly woke everyone up at my place is the seventh episode. They did the male version of the naked apron moment and something else I dont want to spoil but it was so out of left field I had to laugh into my pillows for a good fifteen minutes.

King of Candy Island.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32143 on: September 23, 2019, 06:36:48 am »

Yup, I did have that one in mind. I binged a bunch of bad animes recently and that was one them. Along with Mayoi Neko Overrun, "I Don't Like You at All, Big Brother!!" and "My Sister is Among them". Out of these and that "sister is unusual" one, "My Sister is Among Them" is actually by far the best show. And for that one, the synopsis is that a rich heir has to find a wife at an elite school, but one of them might be his sister, so he's worried he might accidentally bang his sister. And ... it's still the best show of these four by far, which probably says more about the other shows than that one.

I started watching Ranpo Kitan - Game of Laplace and it's a weird experience. It's one of those "wrongly arrested as a serial killer" kind of things except in this one I couldn't care one bit if the hero gets stitched up for the murders. He's an emotionless creep who hasn't batted an eyelid at the "Ed Gein's house of horrors" type of stuff. He's the sort of guy who'd calmly go "oh look, he made your mother's head into a lamp. how interesting". And when he got arrested he just thought that was interesting too, rather than freaking out, since he likes mysteries and "games". I'm not sure if the character is meant to be a complete sociopath or if it's just bad writing / voice acting, but either way i couldn't give a shit if he goes down for the murders he didn't commit. He's a creepy fuck who couldn't care less about the murder victims, just thinks their horrific deaths are interesting, so if he totally ended up in prison I'd just think that was interesting too.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 06:45:36 am by Reelya »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32144 on: September 23, 2019, 07:34:52 am »

I'm not sure if the character is meant to be a complete sociopath or if it's just bad writing / voice acting, but either way i couldn't give a shit if he goes down for the murders he didn't commit.
You don't care that the actual murderer gets away?  I mean, just being creepy isn't a crime anyway.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."
Pages: 1 ... 2141 2142 [2143] 2144 2145 ... 2191