Other Projects > Other Games

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.

(1/2970) > >>

Dasleah:
Dungeon Crawl thread? Dungeon Crawl thread.

Here is the official website, where you can download the latest version. And here is the Wiki, although it's very barebones considering just how much can possibly go wrong in the game. Fun fact: the version with graphics (and the immensely helpful mouse-over tips and everything) is the tiles version. A lot of people miss that.

Anyway, been playing Stone Soup for a week or so now, and have managed to make it aaaaall the way to lvl5, where I was immediately killed by a flame-throwing centaur that chased me down from lvl4. Thus ended the promising career of Smellyfoofers the Demonspawn Assassin, pictured above all young and naive on lvl1.

Apart from that, highest ranking ghost I've managed to create was a Merfolk Crusader, which actually managed to two-shot Sigmund before falling to an Ice Beast. I have to say, Dungeon Crawl is, despite the brutal... well, brutality of it all, probably one of the most accessible rougelikes out there. Hell, it even has a decent Tutorial mode.

So, let's get Crawlin'!

DJ:
Sigmund is a piece of cake when you're a vampire necromancer. Actually, most things are.

Tormy:
Erm what the?! This is a new Stone Soup topic? We have one already, and it was a quite active topic in fact:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25994.0

Dasleah:
It was. It's been almost a year (to the day) since that topic has been posted in, and I'd rather start a fresh topic for new conversations rather than raise that one from the dead. I'd say a year of inactivity is enough for another thread on the topic, wouldn't you say?

Virroken:
Last post is Dec 4. It's been a week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version