Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1600331 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #11040 on: September 26, 2013, 10:40:43 am »

I didn't encounter a floor with multiple Pan lords. I've got another Zig lined up, so maybe in that one.
(This is actually the first Zig I've ever done.)
I can think of three possible reasons for that: A) They nerfed Pan lord spawn rates (or the floors they spawned on, which seems logical since they added a few more floors since then). B) You exited before the end (although you seem to imply that you completed it), or C) You got fairly lucky (although it sounds like you didn't really have that hard a time in the first place).
That said, outside of fighting 3+ Pan lords, there wasn't really anything very hard for me either (although some of it was perhaps a bit harder then what you had, since I did run out of mana at times).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11041 on: September 26, 2013, 10:44:53 am »

I just found a crystal plate aromor for my mino fighter!

....on level three. This generally means to hold onto my butt, because the game is about to screw me over

Edit: Yup, very next area, a freaking WYVERN and a group of gnolls complete with a shaman rape me
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:46:33 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11042 on: September 26, 2013, 12:15:49 pm »

I love crawl, what other game can provide this level of tension? For example I just went down the Crypt stairs to smash some undead of and of course there is a fucking greater mummy just chilling across the room. I of course hauled ass back up the stairs, and I am too terrified to go back down. I just know that Khufu is probably down there somewhere with even more of those mummy bastards, and I really don't want to lose this character when I'm so close to Zot.

I just found a crystal plate aromor for my mino fighter!

....on level three. This generally means to hold onto my butt, because the game is about to screw me over

Edit: Yup, very next area, a freaking WYVERN and a group of gnolls complete with a shaman rape me
haha wow, i thought i had it bad
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 12:17:51 pm by TripJack »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11043 on: September 26, 2013, 03:17:39 pm »

I just dived Slime for food (yes, I am desperate - there was a trove which needed the slimy rune).  As it turns out, yes, a SpEn can quite easily one-shot kill TRJ.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:21:48 pm by Leafsnail »

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11044 on: September 26, 2013, 04:07:51 pm »

Gosh, the new drain sure is annoying.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11045 on: September 26, 2013, 04:19:38 pm »

Gosh, the new drain sure is annoying.

Haha, oh wow. I love your profile picture.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11046 on: September 26, 2013, 06:15:45 pm »

Cleared Elf for the first time, Christ what a treasure hoard. So many rings and amulets yet so few inventory slots and identify scrolls  :D

Sure hope one of these things will give me rMut...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 06:20:53 pm by TripJack »

tilkau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11047 on: September 26, 2013, 10:26:41 pm »

I can think of three possible reasons for that: A) They nerfed Pan lord spawn rates (or the floors they spawned on, which seems logical since they added a few more floors since then). B) You exited before the end (although you seem to imply that you completed it), or C) You got fairly lucky (although it sounds like you didn't really have that hard a time in the first place).
Yeah, I completed it, and I did hit a few Pan floors but they had only 1 pan lord each. I may have gotten lucky, since I didn't encounter any mummy floors either (I heard that the rate of mummy floors -was- reduced though).

Honestly it was way easier than I expected. You do have to pay attention, but overall I spent more time sorting through the loot than fighting enemies.
I'm really seeing the truth in the claims that 'endgame and balance are not acquainted' -- with Veh, having 9 mp and using it to cast Tornado is practically a universally successful tactic; as long as you kill 2-3 weaker monsters per cast, you're laughing.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 12:57:14 am by tilkau »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11048 on: September 26, 2013, 10:44:40 pm »

Ha! Got myself an Octopode IE with a +5,+3 elf dagger (drain), a ring of ice, a ring of sustenance, a ring of +4 strength, a ring of flight, a ring of protection from magic, a wand of frost, a short sword of freezing and a small amount of favour with Kiku. This is going better than most of my Octopodes. :D

EDIT: In other news, I just randomly found the Necronomicon. :P
EDIT: FUCKING TROLLS.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:57:54 pm by Gamerlord »

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11049 on: September 27, 2013, 03:32:50 am »

In other news, orb of destruction from Boris is more than happy to do 76 damage with one hit :o
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11050 on: September 27, 2013, 03:50:18 am »

There's nothing more satisfying than to bounce the orbs back at him with a shield of reflection.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11051 on: September 27, 2013, 03:53:16 am »

Ok, from now on never putting on rings without identifying them. Fucking cursed ring of teleportation, and no remove curse scrolls in sight....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11052 on: September 27, 2013, 04:10:57 am »

What's worse is teleportitis coupled with two faster moving mutes on a pure fighter. I had cure mute potions but i didn't want to lose my speed.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11053 on: September 27, 2013, 04:23:01 am »

What's worse is teleportitis coupled with two faster moving mutes on a pure fighter. I had cure mute potions but i didn't want to lose my speed.
Put on an amulet of stasis?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11054 on: September 27, 2013, 04:30:15 am »

I had three amulets of clarity and two of rage. Never found one of stasis before i got dumped in a nest of yaktaurs.
Pages: 1 ... 735 736 [737] 738 739 ... 990