Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1603291 times)

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #12900 on: February 26, 2015, 05:47:02 am »

true, as long as there is an upstair, its less of a problem. just go up early enough to kill the respawn monster that is sure to happen.
for the gong tho, that shield would not make noise out of combat. so yeah, the storm is way more dangeous.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12901 on: February 26, 2015, 10:28:12 am »

Anybody remember the recentish bug where natural sound dissipation was accidentally turned into amplification?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12902 on: February 26, 2015, 12:11:35 pm »

Anybody remember the recentish bug where natural sound dissipation was accidentally turned into amplification?
Yeah. Apparently the monsters had decided to weaponize acoustics.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12903 on: February 28, 2015, 10:00:43 am »

I continue experimenting with orc runs and something awe-inspiring happened.

HOFi, XL16, Beogh at max piety, first visit to the Mines. Orcs flock to my banner one after another. There are some unbelievers, but they are quikly slaughtered. Then, after quick descend to O:4, my horde covers half of the screen, and into LOS walks a single orc warrior with a war axe of freezing and plate armor. He proceeds to single-handedly slaughter all my followers. I counted afterwards: 24 orcs, 3 warriors, 5 wizards and 2 priests - all fell to his axe.

I converted him. The message? "You must be the Messiah, I see it now...". After killing three dozen of my believers. Yeah.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12904 on: February 28, 2015, 08:22:46 pm »

I continue experimenting with orc runs and something awe-inspiring happened.

HOFi, XL16, Beogh at max piety, first visit to the Mines. Orcs flock to my banner one after another. There are some unbelievers, but they are quikly slaughtered. Then, after quick descend to O:4, my horde covers half of the screen, and into LOS walks a single orc warrior with a war axe of freezing and plate armor. He proceeds to single-handedly slaughter all my followers. I counted afterwards: 24 orcs, 3 warriors, 5 wizards and 2 priests - all fell to his axe.

I converted him. The message? "You must be the Messiah, I see it now...". After killing three dozen of my believers. Yeah.
Some advice: grab a few orc warriors and hit Lair before the Mines. Do your best to keep them alive and by the end they should all be knights who'll form a pretty decent core for your horde.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12905 on: February 28, 2015, 08:45:40 pm »

Do your best to keep them alive and...
...they'll win the game for you.

Also, why knights? Small warparty, a few levels in optional branches - and you have several warlords who can easily clear entire floors. I left three in the Vaults before going to the Mines for meatshields (and ended up clearing Elf Halls).

Hordes are fun to have around, but weaker orcs die very quickly. This also occurs to sorcerers/high priests later on. Mines essentially become a great source of meatshields/replacement candidates for your core warparty.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #12906 on: March 01, 2015, 08:28:43 pm »

Ooh, I love this game!
Regards,
Dampe

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12907 on: March 04, 2015, 03:03:28 pm »

Sounds like the next patch should be within a few weeks, which means the tournament should be starting soon. Any early volunteers to organize this one?
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Aelig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12908 on: March 12, 2015, 07:51:20 am »

The tournament starts tomorrow, I made a thread. So come and get into a team maybe.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12909 on: April 20, 2015, 08:24:46 pm »

Hey guys, you have any advice on playing a Zin Follower? And No, I am not interested in playing orcs,trolls, or ogres.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12910 on: April 20, 2015, 08:42:39 pm »

Hey guys, you have any advice on playing a Zin Follower? And No, I am not interested in playing orcs,trolls, or ogres.
From what little I've played with Zin, I'd say it's probably a good idea to switch off to TSO late-game. Since he's another good god, you aren't penalized, but you'll have to grind piety back up. I recommend not touching the Crypt (Or the Tomb...Whichever one was the easier one) until you switch, then clearing that for the masses of undead kills you'll get. Outside of that, I don't use any of the good gods regularly enough to give you more advice.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12911 on: June 09, 2015, 04:51:22 pm »

Hey,  does anyone know if I can play with tiles but not on the browser? So it still keeps record of my recent games?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12912 on: June 09, 2015, 04:54:36 pm »

Hey,  does anyone know if I can play with tiles but not on the browser? So it still keeps record of my recent games?
Yep. Go to the download page on the DCSS website, and choose the tiles download instead of the console download.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12913 on: June 09, 2015, 05:36:40 pm »

Oh, I just realized I failed at wording my question. I mean that I want to play with the downloaded version, but so that it keeps track on my online profile just like when I play in the browser.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12914 on: June 09, 2015, 06:02:26 pm »

you can save scum with the offline version. we dont want your results in the online statistics ;)
Pages: 1 ... 859 860 [861] 862 863 ... 990