Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1600625 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14235 on: April 29, 2017, 04:51:24 pm »

I found a spriggan baker in the upper dungeon and killed him as normal. However, rather than finding bread hidden away, I found a "baked spriggan corpse". Apparently there are cannibal spriggans?
I found that before. I'd venture to say it was a murder, but not cannibalism, unless the cannibal was extremely masochistic, since spriggans are vegetarian rank 3. That's just my 'Occam's Razor' reading of the situation though.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: April 29, 2017, 05:04:38 pm »

I found a spriggan baker in the upper dungeon and killed him as normal. However, rather than finding bread hidden away, I found a "baked spriggan corpse". Apparently there are cannibal spriggans?
I found that before. I'd venture to say it was a murder, but not cannibalism, unless the cannibal was extremely masochistic, since spriggans are vegetarian rank 3. That's just my 'Occam's Razor' reading of the situation though.
Consider a proposition: spriggans are made of weed.
If true, then the spriggan baker is a spriggan who is a baker and also a baker of spriggans, AND a spriggan who's totally baked - on baked spriggans.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: April 29, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »

I remember back when he used to stash bread. It made a lot more sense.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: April 30, 2017, 08:05:45 am »

But can't you use scroll of blink instead ?
(I have blink mutation , too)
And Qazlal as a god, which seems good to me. What do you think ?

Yeah, as Cov said, there's absolutely no way you should be using Blink scrolls unless its life or death. Most of the time with a MiFi or similar, you should be able to tell when the tide is turning against you and escape with just a little bit of help (as you'll have enough HP to know things are going bad without getting splatted) so something like SB or Blink is enough.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: April 30, 2017, 02:11:41 pm »

I remember back when he used to stash bread. It made a lot more sense.
He still does. Its a coinflip when it spawns if it's the spriggan *baker* as in a baker who is a spriggan, so makes bread, or if he's a *spriggan* baker, as in someone who bakes spriggans.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: May 01, 2017, 04:24:32 am »

thanks for your help !
For now I've cleared Lair, Shoal, Spider and with max MR going to Elven Hall.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: May 01, 2017, 06:26:47 pm »

thanks for your help !
For now I've cleared Lair, Shoal, Spider and with max MR going to Elven Hall.

Be careful with Elf:3, that place can be tough for a MiFi, depending on how much you've branched out. You can easily get Tormented down to where casual meleers become a threat, and earth elementals can pop up behind you to block your escape.

I usually do the first two floors and reassess.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: May 02, 2017, 02:17:31 pm »

I had max MR so no problem, but...i took a portal to salt desert and...I died :)

I already fully did Elves and had 2 runes in a past game, but I died stupidly (like in every other try) a few minutes later.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: May 02, 2017, 03:27:18 pm »

Yeah the desolation of salt is hardcore. I'd say keep going into every portal you see, just for the experience and to learn what's out there, but if you have a great character you don't really fancy losing, avoid the Desolation of Salt and wizard labs. Also general rune order is: Lair runes (whichever two of Swamp, Spider Nest, Snake Pit and Shoals you get), Vaults, Slime, Abyss (I generally stay in Abyss:3, but you can go all the way down to 5 if you're feeling courageous)

You might want to stay out of Pan for now, you can dip in the 4 hells but more or less presume you're going to die unless you're hella careful and go out at the first sign of danger. Remember that upward staircases in hell always take you to the Vestibule i.e. out of the hells proper. Abyss is odd in that I hate it and keep dying there, but sticking to 3 should mostly be fine.

Tomb is, well. If you're playing trunk Tomb sure is something. Something terrifying, certainly, but something
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: May 02, 2017, 08:03:12 pm »

I usually use Graven's rune order, but for the endgame I do Gehenna/Tartarus, then Pan, then Cocytus and then finally Dis (since Cocytus and especially Dis are much harder than Pan - I've lost a few 14-rune characters in Dis but the only character I ever lost in Pan was because I didn't know about one of the smiting vaults).

I agree on Tomb. Especially Tomb:3, which is terrifying.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: May 05, 2017, 05:03:42 pm »

I finally beat meatsprint. I went with a DsWa and ended up getting the mutation that reduced LOS range which helped prevent me from getting smited to death.

Only 5 sprint maps to go, I guess.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: May 06, 2017, 12:38:00 pm »

I just had a really annoying game. Mostly because I died on the Orb run within sight of the exit.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: May 09, 2017, 01:24:36 pm »

Question :

I chose Nemelex as god, and have too much decks. Do you kept all of them or use them all the time, or drop them, or keep them somewhere ?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: May 09, 2017, 01:34:54 pm »

Question :

I chose Nemelex as god, and have too much decks. Do you kept all of them or use them all the time, or drop them, or keep them somewhere ?

It's been a while since I've used Nemelex, but IIRC you get decks of varying quality so only keep the best ones. Keep a few escape/defensive ones but make sure to have lots of decks that can deal damage.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: May 09, 2017, 06:19:09 pm »

Question :

General rule: If there are enemies in LoS and you have offensive decks a tier below your best deck, use your lowest tier deck on them. Its better then pressing "." and it clears out clutter quite well.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 990