Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 958 959 [960] 961 962 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1587351 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14385 on: October 04, 2017, 11:21:35 am »

*wanders in horribly late to Troll party*

My two troll cents: training dodging before lair completion is a mistake - the chances of some form of dragon hide armour dropping are pretty high these days, what with the steam and acid geezers, and the lovely fire dragon vaults which always feel horribly OOD whenever I bump into one.

Instead, fighting (HP + offense) should be your main and defensive skill, then if you get some sort of hide, train armour, then after that train some dodging. Seriously, with troll Dex your EV is going to be crap anyway, just boost your HP instead.

Wow! You are a really good player, so I'm surprised to see that we disagree so strongly on this.  Of course, that could be an indication that I'm not as good as I think... but let me counter your argument:

Health: -5/161     AC: 14    Str: 28    XL:     16   Next: 7%
Magic:  12/19      EV: 18    Int:  8    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   545        SH: 14    Dex: 13
 + Level 10.7(15.7) Fighting
 + Level 8.8(13.8) Throwing
 + Level 3.1(8.1) Armour
 + Level 10.9(15.9) Dodging
 - Level 9.4(14.4) Shields
 * Level 16.6(21.6) Unarmed Combat

This was a character who died in snake 2, due to stupidity.  But 18 EV is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and that's with acid dragon armor on.  Dodging skill doesn't work the way it used to, when it was useless until you hit a breakpoint depending on your armor.  Now it's just scaled based on your armor, so it's never useless.

My thinking here is, if I had not trained dodging, even if I had been able to train armor from the beginning of the game... would the character be better off? I'd have a little more AC (with acid dragon armor and a cloak, 11 armor skill would give me 3.5 more AC points.)  Not a big difference.  But I'd have less EV, unfortunately I don't know the dodging skill to EV formula, and it's not as simple as the armor skill to AC formula.  But I'm pretty sure 11 dodging skill gives more than 3.5 ev.

Also notice my dex is 13.  Not great, but not crap.  Every 3rd level I increased dex, of course, what else are you going to do on a troll.

So based on that, I'm going to completely disagree with your assessment that trolls should skip training dodging before lair.  I stand by my earlier statement that a troll should have dodging turned on from turn 1, and never turn it off.  Armor should get turned on a bit later, then left on.  We agree about fighting skill, that's another to train all game long.

However, like I said, you're a really good player.  So is there something I'm missing or getting wrong in my assessment?

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14386 on: October 04, 2017, 01:31:25 pm »

ah, i see how that would be good with a saber of speed

Thing about Vinestalker^Uskayaw is:

1. With Amulet of Faith you can get to ~5 stars in a couple of hits, depending on damage you do
2. One of his lesser powers is paralyzing all enemies on the screen
3. Another is linking enemies' health so they share damage taken

The sum of it all is that you charge a crowd of enemies, hit a few times with your sabre (or even better, quickblade), proc your antimagic bite for extra damage, get the entire screen paralyzed, get a stab in, get the enemy health link, stab another few, screen dead.

A bit slow to get going compared to your average MiBe, but arguably stronger in extended, since you get perma regen and built-in antimagic.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #14387 on: October 04, 2017, 01:34:00 pm »

Oh, and to add to that, Put a little bit of effort into poison magic, and get Olgrebs Radiance. You'll be lowering everyone on the screens health simply by existing
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14388 on: October 04, 2017, 02:21:13 pm »

Hi Damiac :)

tl;dr version of my post below: I am not sure where you are more wrong, your assertion that I am really good at Crawl, or in your early game skilling of that Troll  :D kidding, I am not good at Crawl, but your skilling is not that different from mine it turns out.

Seriously, I am not very good at Crawl - I leaned heavily on Be and En backgrounds to achieve greatplayer, still haven't won all the backgrounds or with all the gods, and can probably only achieve better than 10% winrate with one combo - the ridiculously overpowered SpEn.

That said, I shall now give you not just 2 cents of troll opinion, but all I have, a full 4 cents of vogonpoet trolling:
I am like 99.9% sure your troll needs more early fighting. Its a pretty heavily abridged dump to draw any conclusions from, but train more fighting on your trolls. Fighting is your number one troll defensive skill, and should only be second to UC  until you are happy with your offense, then it should be your highest troll skill.

Instead of fighting, you have trained not one, but two different defensive skills. Yes, you should invest in Dodging and Shields at some point (assuming you are in a relatively light dragon armour, if you find a GDA on Lair 1, just skip the Dodging), but not so early. You want UC, then fighting, then UC, then fighting. Also, I don't see any Invo? Do you even Finesse bro? On a Okawaru troll, assuming I haven't yet found an awesome armour, Invo is probably the third skill I would train, maybe fourth after throwing, oh my god those large rocks are awesome, but Finesse is ridiculous, and you want it to work first time, so actually, definitely third skill, as soon as I have enough piety for it be available, pump some Invo until its I don't know, below 15% fail to begin with?

Lets check my TrHu and see if I am making any sense (sadly don;t have the awesome skill progression table):

Code: [Select]
Notes
Turn   | Place    | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
     0 | D:1      | vogonpoet the Troll Hunter began the quest for the Orb.
     4 | D:1      | Reached skill level 1 in Unarmed Combat
  1168 | D:3      | Reached skill level 4 in Unarmed Combat
  2193 | D:4      | Reached skill level 6 in Unarmed Combat
  2705 | D:5      | Found an iron altar of Okawaru.
  2714 | D:5      | Became a worshipper of Warmaster Okawaru
  3395 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Throwing
  3804 | D:6      | Reached skill level 8 in Unarmed Combat
  3919 | D:6      | Reached skill level 5 in Fighting
  4857 | D:7      | Reached skill level 9 in Unarmed Combat
  5474 | D:8      | Reached skill level 1 in Invocations
  5844 | D:8      | Reached skill level 10 in Unarmed Combat
  8013 | D:10     | Reached skill level 11 in Unarmed Combat
  8746 | D:11     | Reached skill level 10 in Fighting
  8750 | Lair:1   | Entered Level 1 of the Lair of Beasts
  8951 | IceCv    | Reached skill level 12 in Unarmed Combat
  9320 | IceCv    | Reached skill level 5 in Invocations
  9625 | Lair:1   | Reached ****** piety under Okawaru
 11591 | Lair:2   | Reached skill level 10 in Throwing
 12795 | Lair:3   | Reached skill level 13 in Unarmed Combat
 15009 | Lair:5   | Reached skill level 5 in Dodging

So apart from some early throwing I couldn't resist because I was a hunter, its UC, Fighting and Invo.
Sure, by the end of the game, I had Dodging and Shields, but not at the start - and just to clarify, when my previous post said Lair completion, I meant bottom of Lair, before lower D and Orc, not after two runes. By the time I was going for my first rune, our trolls were in pretty similar skill places:

28992 | D:15     | Reached skill level 10 in Dodging
 30399 | Snake:1  | Reached skill level 1 in Armour
 31049 | Snake:2  | Reached XP level 17. HP: 134/182 MP: 19/19
 35799 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 15 in Throwing
 36519 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 10 in Shields
 36600 | Snake:4  | Got a serpentine rune of Zot
 36763 | Snake:4  | Reached skill level 15 in Fighting

I just prioritise Fighting earlier than you do, and strongly believe its the best bet to increase Troll survivability.

edit:
Oh, one more reason for waiting to hit the bottom of Lair before training Dodging - the non-zero chance of finding a heavy dragon armour somewhere in Lair - earlier on in life, I had a troll (or was it an Ogre it doesn't matter) train Dodging early like you do, only to find a GDA on Lair 1. Never again. Fighting for life.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 02:26:44 pm by vogonpoet »
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14389 on: October 04, 2017, 05:10:12 pm »

Things I have won:

High elf fire elementalist (15)
High elf air elementalist  (15)
Hill orc paladin 2x (15)
human fighter of zin (15)
Draconian transmuter (15)
Demigod fire elementalist (15)
Demonspawn chaos knight (5 runes)

Things I have not won:
Troll berserker
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14390 on: October 04, 2017, 06:24:41 pm »

Well, you can win a lot of different ways. I did train invo though, that's how I successfully cast finessse on the first try instead of doing something useful like not immediately dying!

I had fighting on since turn 1 as much as dodging.  I admit, there may be a better ratio than 1:2:1:1 fighting:unarmed:dodging:shield, but there isn't an easier one!  Now that you can train skills to specific targets maybe I should rethink this very basic skilling strategy, although I think it's a good ratio of offense to defense, though perhaps I should be focusing more on fighter over dodging or shields early on, as you say.  But even if I did find GDA, while I would certainly delay training dodging since armor's benefits would be higher, I'd still end up training a lot of dodging skill, since skills become exponentially more expensive per level.

But really,
Health: -5/161     AC: 14    Str: 28    XL:     16   Next: 7%
Magic:  12/19      EV: 18    Int:  8    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   545        SH: 14    Dex: 13    Spells: 15/15 levels left

rFire    . . .     SeeInvis .     - Unarmed
rCold    + . .     Gourm    +   T - +0 shield
rNeg     . . .     Faith    +   e - +0 acid dragon scales
rPois    +         Spirit   .   y - +1 hat {Int+3}
rElec    .         Reflect  .   Q - +1 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   (gloves unavailable)
MR       +....                  (boots unavailable)
Stlth    ++........             W - amulet of faith
HPRegen  0.76/turn              q - ring of poison resistance
MPRegen  0.16/turn              O - ring of protection from cold

That's not a character with poor defenses, or low HP, at least, I don't think it is.  Especially given the rather crap equipment and lack of EA scrolls.

Admittedly, this is past the end of lair, as this is after clearing lair, orc, and dungeon, and I was in snake 2, so maybe at that point our builds have converged to some degree.  And like most trolls, it was easy rolling until it wasn't, but I was so used to just killing everything I failed to actually take note of the situation. 

Antioch, I find half elf elementalists and especially draconian transmuters to be infinitely more difficult than a troll berserker, although I think a troll berserker is a lot harder than a troll fighter.
I guess a lot of it comes down to personal play style.  We are all uniquely bad at dungeon crawl in our own way :P
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:27:07 pm by Damiac »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14391 on: October 04, 2017, 08:36:04 pm »

Seriously, I am not very good at Crawl - I leaned heavily on Be and En backgrounds to achieve greatplayer, still haven't won all the backgrounds or with all the gods, and can probably only achieve better than 10% winrate with one combo - the ridiculously overpowered SpEn.
???

my winrate is well below 1%. Guess I'm still splashing around in the kiddie pool.
I'd like some instruction in SpEn, since it is apparently OP.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14392 on: October 04, 2017, 10:24:29 pm »

Sell your soul to the god of tedium that is 0.6 movement speed. Let its cheesiness flow into you.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #14393 on: October 05, 2017, 01:12:43 am »

I actually prefer vampires over spriggans when it comes to enchanters. Bat Form gives the speed and the skills are mostly the same, but throwing undead resistances or regen on top of them is closer to my style. Having no equipment restrictions is good as well, and the alternate food clock isn't a problem once you get the hang of it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14394 on: October 05, 2017, 02:34:59 am »

Sell your soul to the god of tedium that is 0.6 movement speed. Let its cheesiness flow into you.

Pa, the beautiful speed boost is awesome for running away, and even more awesome for tabbing confused monsters, but the Enchanter background is so strong, actual kiting is not usually very necessary beyond XP level 2. You definitely should get used to running away quite a lot though :)  (I hate Centaurs, but love me some SpEn, go figure)

SpEn is OP because Sp skill aptitudes fit perfectly to the Enchanter background, so you are already an awesome Enchanter by somewhere around D6/D7 (like, you can just go now and win the game in theory, see a ridiculous win by pedritolo here) and can basically spend all the other XP  in the game on whatever the hell other method of killdudes you desire.

Underhound.eu is down *again* right now, I never have access to my morgues when I actually want it, but I shall try to outline my SpEn approach.

So first things first, Elliptic's guide to SpEn: (I basically follow this, stealth is awesome)
My 0.20 SpEn guide: SKILLS: Approximate goals are as follows: 1) 5 Short Blades, 8 Stealth. 2) 4 Spellcasting, 8 Hexes. 3) 3 Fighting, 8 Dodging. 4) 8 Short Blades, 12 Stealth. 5) 6 Fighting/Spellcasting, 10 Short Blades/Hexes, 15 Dodging/Stealth. 6) 10 Fighting, 27 Stealth, and whatever spell skills you want.
SPELLS: Use Ensorcelled Hibernation when possible. Use Confuse against rC+ monsters or if you want a higher success chance. Other starting spells are decent but unnecessary. Invisibility is the best spell in the game if you find it. Other good spells include Deflect Missiles, Dispel Undead, Apportation, Blink, Passage of Golubria, Controlled Blink.
GODS: Ideally you want a god who helps with hard-to-stab monsters. Some good choices: Kiku (pain melee, zombies), Dith (shadow step, shadow form), Jiyva (slimify), Lugonu (corruption, disto melee), Makhleb (greater demons), Ashenzari/Vehumet (conjurations).
WEAPONS: Use short blades, stab high-HP monsters with a dagger. For regular melee, early on look for elec, draining, or venom weapons. Later look for a quick blade and/or pain brand a weapon with Kiku. Distortion is nice also. If you can't find a quick blade and want better melee, demon whips are reasonable. Oh, and get a buckler. STATS: Raise Int or Dex.

I personally go Ashenzari on most of my Enchanters, because I love the passive monster detection so much, and because Passwall is ridiculous.

On D1, I pick up whatever throwing weapons I can find, and yes, kite stuff when I can. I usually train Stealth on D1 until level 2, then short blades. You should cast Corona on every monster you attack, but I often forget.

At level 2, memorise Ensorcelled Hibernation. If you think EH is a pretty good spell, you are underestimating how good EH is. It turns a lot of monsters into insta-kills, including moths of wrath, deep trolls, yaktaurs, centaurs, ogres, and of course, adders.

Still on D1, but now we are casting EH on all the monsters, not Corona. If it fails, try again. If it fails again, just run away for a bit, then cast it again. Now we have a way to guarantee our stab, we are still training short blades to improve our stab.

Once you hit level 3, still on D1 probably, you should learn Confuse. If you think Confuse is a pretty good spell, you are vastly underestimating how good Confuse is. Its worth casting at basically everything. Its got a higher power cap than EH, and so works on more monsters. If you need to disable a monster straight away (eg Orc Priest, Centaur) then confuse it. If it fails, try again. Use Confuse to split packs, use confuse to kill confused monsters, use confuse in corridors because its less annoying.

Do not approach or try to use confuse to kill the first ogre you meet. Use confuse (or EH) to run away from the first ogre if its awake, kill some more dudes, learn Tukima's Dance, then go back if you must. Disarm the ogre first, then confuse it, then move in for the kill. Tukima's dance is not a spell you will need to use a lot - once you have some dogding and HP and hex spellpower you will be casting EH on ogres whilst they are right next to you, but at the beginning its really good at turning Ogres into harmless little puppies. Its also massively useful for taking ego-weapons off of monsters, like disto weapons off of merfolk and uniques (after casting TDance on Rupert, my current GnEn just tabbed him to death with a +5 dagger and a few mana vipers). Its also fun later, when you have Ogre packs, just to disarm all the ogres and watch the clubs pulverise everything, but we are not focusing on fun today, but rather winning, and by the time you meet Ogre packs, you probably want to just confuse stab them and move on, or use some faster way of dealing with them.

Finally, before Lair, learn Dazzling Spray. As you play more SpEn, you see that although just casting Confuse again and again will work eventually, not all early/mid game monsters fall easily to Confusion, and sometimes its just better to blind the buggers, kill them and move on: Death yaks can be confused, but its a bit of a pain, and feels like it takes ages, Elephants are pretty stubborn too, and of course, things like Orc Sorcerers you don't want to stand around casting Confuse at whilst they summon demon crap at you. Dazzling Spray might take a few hits to blind these monsters, but as a speedy spriggan, they will be blind long enough to kill most of the time.

Once you have completed Step 5 in Elliptics skills section, you can and should develop a means of killing harder to hex monsters, but keep using your hexes all the way through the game - EH, Confuse, and of course Invisibilty if you find it, just don't stop being useful in a 3 rune game. Also Passwall is fantastic in Zot.
I like to run with Earth magic and/or summoning spells, but literally any ranged option for killing dudes is good.

Some of my favourite midgame techs:
a) Invisibilty. Invis is everything Elliptic says it is.
b) Summon Mana Vipers. Vipers are not only good at shutting down spellcasters, they are good at just straight up killing dudes as well. Seriously, those guys are buff. And you can cast it already. Whats not to like?
c) Summon butterflies and LRD. 6 spell levels, now you can safely kite anything in the game if you have some corridors and a bit of patience. It doesn't even feel that boring in my opinion, because summoning and then blowing up butterflies is fun, if you like that sort of thing, and seriously, imagine how those Juggernauts must feel, brought down by butterflies and dust. Awesome.
d) Discord. I shouldn't mention this spell, we are here to win, not have fun. But this spell is fun. Just as everyone should Shatter V5 with a DDEE of Mak sometime in their crawl lives, so too should they Discord V5 sometime. Possibly after blinking into a corridor. Also fun in Zot against Draconians, Orc, everywhere.

Favourite endgame tech:
a) Malign Gateway. I don't know why this spell is still in the game, its really not that functionally different from Singularity (the short lived level 9 Translocations spell from 0.17-a0 which was killed due to being ridiculously overpowered): You cast it somewhere, then walk away, and all the monsters die. You can choose to stick around, maybe summon some vipers, some butterflies, and some shadow creatures, but there is no real need, MG will happily take down 2 orbs of fire and an ancient lich all by itself whist you contemplate your spriggan navel just around a corner somewhere.

Finally, a quick word about Confuse (did I mention Confuse?) notable monsters you can easily confuse: beeeeeeees and caustic shrikes.

Fake edit: Oh yeah, vampires, kobalds, gnolls and halflings all make good enchanters - if it has a good stealth aptitude, thats all you need. I just prefer Spriggans, cos all their other aps are perfect too, and that speed really is useful for just noping the hell out of trouble.

Actual edit: Holy crap, forgot about nets: Nets are awesome for enchanters, and will allow you to completely destroy Mara, Ancient Lichs, and other stuff, with little personal risk.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 02:57:53 am by vogonpoet »
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14395 on: October 05, 2017, 07:18:45 am »

That's a pretty solid bit of advising there. you could possibly do a step by step guide like Majang's caster walkthrough (which I use for GrEE, hoping for my first caster win).

Edit: current run: HOFi of Beogh.
Cleared Lair, Orc and Dungeon.

Acquired 25 living followers including:
2 orcs
1 orc warrior
1 orc priest
1 orc high priest
2 orc sorcerers
16 orc knights
1 orc warlord
Saint Roka

This is a good point to stop and ponder my next move. I am wearing a +8 orange crystal armor and wielding a +8 flaming war axe. Nothing else notable

obviously I gotta do the lair branches (Spiders Nest and Shoals), and maybe dip into Elf (I can probably take some of my followers there).
I figure I'll leave my followers on guard duty 'til I need them, lest they all end up confused and drowned. Or poisoned and dead.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:22:41 am by Ozarck »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14396 on: October 05, 2017, 12:09:26 pm »

As Beogh follower to Beogh follower, piece of advice: Elf:3 is PAINFUL!

1) Banished followers are gone forever
2) It is very hard to break up elvish horde on some layouts
3) Elves are surprisingly deadly even to young warlords, expect 40 to 80% casualties (in a successful run)

So, if you care for the horde you amassed - do not rush into fight. If you do not - Beoghites are quite good at clearing up Elf: 3 at the cost of nearly all followers.

P.S. Shoals and Spider Nest are quite tame for a follower run. Naga Pit is dangerous (mass venom) and Swamp is infuriating (mass drowning)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14397 on: October 05, 2017, 03:07:11 pm »

GrEE is very strong. Lee Rapid Deconstruction on wall alone can be enough to kill most things. If you want to play a hybrid fun combo, try playing with a staff of earth and a very strong armor (for example, orange crystal plate armor + staff of earth + lvl 27 earth magic with GrEE Bonus won the game for me without any difficulty. I couldn't use lvl9 magic but didn't need it anyway).

At lvl 27 earth magic with a GrEE, you can 3-shot ancient lich (or even easier bolt of iron against OoF!) , and bypass most of Zot-5 by just opening the two chambers by another (narrow) passage, and just blast whatever try to pass through it with LRD.

Just be very careful and run as soon as you see Jorgrun as it can kill you in one shot even if you are high level (however he wields a staff of earth quite often ^^)

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14398 on: October 05, 2017, 03:40:29 pm »

Ok finally got a decent troll going. At which point it kinda felt like "was that so hard?"

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup version 0.20.1 (tiles) character file.

CPTANT the Wrestler (Troll Fighter)                Turns: 55327, Time: 03:37:18

Health: 195/195    AC: 12    Str: 34    XL:     22   Next: 54%
Magic:  25/25      EV: 17    Int:  7    God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   5296       SH: 30    Dex: 13    Spells: 18/21 levels left

rFire    + . .     SeeInvis .     - Unarmed
rCold    + + .     Gourm    +   K - +3 large shield of Plog {rN++ rCorr Str-4}
rNeg     + + .     Faith    .   M - +2 robe of Modesty {+Inv rC++ MP+9 Str+4}
rPois    +         Spirit   .   w - +2 hat of Xinwaeq {rPois rF+}
rElec    .         Reflect  +   J - +2 cloak
rCorr    +         Harm     .   (gloves unavailable)
MR       ++...                  (boots unavailable)
Stlth    +.........             u - +4 amulet of reflection
Regen    0.9/turn               B - ring of Brilliance {MP-9 Dex+4 Slay+6}
MPRegen  0.2/turn               F - ring of protection from magic

@: no status effects
A: unfitting armour, claws 3, fast metabolism 3, frail 1, gourmand, regeneration
1, shaggy fur 1, tough skin 2
}: 2/15 runes: decaying, gossamer
a: Heroism, Finesse, Renounce Religion, Evoke Invisibility

You are on level 4 of the Vaults.
You worship Okawaru.
Okawaru is exalted by your worship.
You are full.

You have visited 9 branches of the dungeon, and seen 42 of its levels.
You have also visited: Labyrinth.

You have collected 6627 gold pieces.
You have spent 1331 gold pieces at shops.

Inventory:

Hand Weapons
 E - a +2 scimitar of flaming
Missiles
 P - 68 large rocks (quivered)
Armour
 i - a +2 shield of resistance
 w - the +2 hat of Xinwaeq (worn) {rPois rF+}
   (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 4 of the Lair of Beasts)   

It protects you from fire.
   It protects you from poison.
 I - the +1 robe of the Tarantula {rElec rN+ Slay-2}
   (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 2 of the Spider Nest)   

It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (-2).
   It insulates you from electricity.
   It protects you from negative energy.
 J - a +2 cloak (worn)
 K - the +3 large shield of Plog (worn) {rN++ rCorr Str-4}
   (You took it off Louise on level 2 of the Swamp)   

It affects your strength (-4).
   It greatly protects you from negative energy.
   It protects you from acid and corrosion.
 M - the +2 robe of Modesty (worn) {+Inv rC++ MP+9 Str+4}
   (Okawaru gifted it to you on level 3 of the Crypt)   

It affects your strength (+4).
   It greatly protects you from cold.
   It affects your magic capacity (+9).
   It lets you turn invisible.
 O - a +2 robe of magic resistance
Jewellery
 j - an uncursed ring of positive energy
 u - a +4 amulet of reflection (around neck)
 x - an uncursed ring of see invisible
 B - the ring of Brilliance (left claw) {MP-9 Dex+4 Slay+6}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 15 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of dexterity]

It affects your dexterity (+4).
   It affects your accuracy and damage with ranged weapons and melee attacks
   (+6).
   It affects your magic capacity (-9).
 F - a ring of protection from magic (right claw)
 Z - the ring "Rajanik" {+Blink rC+}
   (You bought it in a shop on level 15 of the Dungeon)   

[ring of protection from cold]

It protects you from cold.
   It lets you blink.
Wands
 e - a wand of lightning (6/15)
 g - a wand of iceblast (?/15)
 n - a wand of disintegration (11/24)
 v - a wand of clouds (?/9)
 A - a wand of acid (?/15)
 G - a wand of digging (?/24)
 T - a wand of flame (28/48)
Scrolls
 k - 8 scrolls of teleportation
 l - 9 scrolls of recharging
 m - 10 scrolls of remove curse
 r - 4 scrolls of fog
 s - 4 scrolls of immolation
 t - 5 scrolls of fear
 y - a scroll of enchant armour
 D - a scroll of holy word
 R - 8 scrolls of magic mapping
 U - 2 scrolls of silence
 V - 3 scrolls of summoning
 Y - 24 scrolls of identify
Potions
 a - 8 potions of lignification
 b - 4 potions of haste
 c - 8 potions of flight
 p - 2 potions of cancellation
 q - 5 potions of heal wounds
 z - 2 potions of invisibility
 C - 10 potions of curing
 H - 3 potions of resistance
 L - 4 potions of ambrosia
 N - 2 potions of might
 W - 2 potions of berserk rage
 X - a potion of magic
Miscellaneous
 S - a phantom mirror
Comestibles
 d - 25 bread rations
 h - 12 meat rations
 o - 6 fruits

Skills:
 * Level 12.7 Fighting
 - Level 1.3 Long Blades
 * Level 13.6 Throwing
 + Level 1.4 Armour
 + Level 12.3 Dodging
 + Level 15.5 Shields
 + Level 24.2 Unarmed Combat
 + Level 0.2 Summonings
 * Level 6.4 Invocations
 * Level 4.5 Evocations

You have 18 spell levels left.
You know the following spells:

Your Spells              Type           Power        Failure   Level  Hunger
a - Summon Butterflies    Summ           #.......     41%         1    ##.....
b - Apportation           Tloc           #.....       43%         1    ##.....
c - Animate Skeleton      Necr           N/A          43%         1    ##.....

Dungeon Overview and Level Annotations

Branches:
Dungeon (15/15)            Temple (1/1) D:4            Lair (6/6) D:8
  Swamp (4/4) Lair:2       Spider (4/4) Lair:4        Slime (0/5) Lair:5
    Orc (2/2) D:10            Elf (3/3) Orc:2        Vaults (4/5) D:14
  Crypt (3/3) Vaults:3       Tomb (0/3) Crypt:3      Depths (0/5) D:15
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14399 on: October 05, 2017, 05:52:04 pm »

Nice, looks like you've gotten rolling pretty well.

Skills:
 * Level 12.7 Fighting
 - Level 1.3 Long Blades
 * Level 13.6 Throwing
 + Level 1.4 Armour
 + Level 12.3 Dodging
 + Level 15.5 Shields
 + Level 24.2 Unarmed Combat
 + Level 0.2 Summonings
 * Level 6.4 Invocations
 * Level 4.5 Evocations