Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1603178 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14445 on: November 02, 2017, 12:00:55 am »

HAHA! I BEAT THE GAME! AND I WAS WEARING THE ROBE I TORE OFF SIGMUND'S CORPSE!

Today is a good day.

lol
+1
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #14446 on: November 02, 2017, 09:27:49 am »

Man, Enchanter with Dithmenos is awesome. At Max level piety, you’re practically impossible to hit since your Umbra covers the screen and gives everyone -2-5 accuracy, your stealth is insane, your shadow doubles every attack you make 50% of the time, you can blink on command without magic contamination by ensorcelled hibernation followed by a Shadow Step, you drop smokebombs almost every time you get hit so the enemies almost never can have a ranged shot at you more than once, AND you can turn into the smoke monster from Lost and become immune to an insane amount of things as well as become even more ridiculously sneaky-beaky.

The only thing I’d want from Dithmenos would maybe be the ability to cause all creatures in your umbra to be unable to yell for help. Imagine how terrifying that would be. Trying to scream but smoke rushing into your lungs instead. Freaking sinister.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14447 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:13 am »

Dithmenos with stealth is great until you run into things that you can't handle with stabbing/hexes. Then Dith doesn't help you do much, besides Shadow Form away[Which, to be fair, is still pretty great].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14448 on: November 02, 2017, 11:24:14 am »

Dithmenos with stealth is great until you run into things that you can't handle with stabbing/hexes. Then Dith doesn't help you do much, besides Shadow Form away[Which, to be fair, is still pretty great].

Just train some conjurations as well. Iron shot is a great spell for those situations and isn't that hard to learn (assuming you are a SpEn).

Or some lower level conjurations like force lance or something.

But SpEn is OP anyway.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14449 on: November 03, 2017, 01:56:05 pm »

does Dsomething still reduce LOS radius? i think i remember having a Ds game with Nightstalker where my LOS was ... small.

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14450 on: November 03, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »

does Dsomething still reduce LOS radius? i think i remember having a Ds game with Nightstalker where my LOS was ... small.

No he doesn't :(

Spell Darkness - reduces LOS
Robe of Night - reduces LOS
Nightstalker Mutation(3) - reduces ALOS

If you have all 3, you can only see 2 tiles xD

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14451 on: November 03, 2017, 08:36:26 pm »

No he doesn't :(

Spell Darkness - reduces LOS
Robe of Night - reduces LOS
Nightstalker Mutation(3) - reduces ALOS

If you have all 3, you can only see 2 tiles xD

Which isn't exactly a bad thing either, since LoS is symmetrical now, isn't it? Obsidian Axe might be fun with play with there, if being able to reliably cast Darkness and wear a robe didn't seem like a suicidal prospect to go berserker in...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14452 on: November 03, 2017, 08:41:27 pm »

Having a super low LoS seems less than useful because you could easily get cornered/find yourself next to an ogre or something else that hits really hard (or a super out of depth monster) with no warning.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14453 on: November 03, 2017, 09:00:16 pm »

if you find yourself next to a dangerous monster, just walk back a step and you're safe again

works especially well with ranged monsters, because they'll waste turns blasting you instead of staying in LoS
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14454 on: November 04, 2017, 04:47:14 am »

HAHA! I BEAT THE GAME! AND I WAS WEARING THE ROBE I TORE OFF SIGMUND'S CORPSE!

Today is a good day.
Priceless!
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14455 on: November 04, 2017, 12:24:08 pm »

Limited LOS is generally good, because it works both ways.  Early on, you don't want to be next to an ogre by surprise, but later, next to the monsters is generally where you want to run into them, if at all.  And less LOS means less possible monsters in it, smiting and tormenting you.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14456 on: November 04, 2017, 03:24:14 pm »

Having a super low LoS seems less than useful because you could easily get cornered/find yourself next to an ogre or something else that hits really hard (or a super out of depth monster) with no warning.

oh no, it's absolutely fantastic. especially much later in the game, where it means fewer tormenting monsters (are those still a thing?) and fewer smiting monsters in your LOS that you can't get to because of other monsters, and when you can get to them, they're already closer. it makes things like certain zig floors much easier.

even in the mid game, it means you can sneak around monsters you could ordinarily never avoid. obviously this works better with stealth, but that's kind of the build it points towards anyway (wearing Robes or being Nightstalker Ds)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:26:04 pm by ZeroGravitas »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14457 on: November 05, 2017, 01:56:55 pm »

It would also combo well with any kind of AoE and monster detection, sort of like a superpowered Ashenzari EE.

Which, come to think of it, I've never tried. Maybe after I get tired of trying to get an OctopodeTr going...
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14458 on: November 14, 2017, 05:25:27 pm »

What do people recommend for gods if you want to go all-in-or-bust on a Chei Statueform run? I've taken a few characters past the first rune so far without getting any spellbooks that have it, which is kind of frustrating, which pushes me towards Sif Muna, but then I'd have to deal with the punishments and pushing Chei back until I get the spell, which may be who-knows-when. Alternatively, I've been taking Ely (because why not) or TSO (and skipping spiderform) for the no-penalty swap to Chei later on. I guess Gozag may be good in my case too, since Octopodes don't have as much use for gold as some of the others, unless there's a few really good jewelry shops that show up, and his penalties aren't too much in that case.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #14459 on: November 15, 2017, 12:23:52 pm »

That moment when you get killed by someone elses ghost and you go to the global view and you see he’s in game and you have to ask him exactly why his Level 14 Fire Elementalist was on Floor 2.

Edit: My Bad, Floor 3

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 02:58:12 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 962 963 [964] 965 966 ... 990