Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1603238 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14475 on: December 19, 2017, 01:52:47 pm »

Started training for the tourny. I'll be playing 24/7 for the first week of tourny until I get two wins or 10 runes. Stone Soup HYPE!
Edit: Navigated around Sigmund and Menkaure. I feel clever.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:56:18 pm by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: December 19, 2017, 02:47:03 pm »

Melee characters are generally very bad in Ziggurats. You can of course clear plenty of floors, but you're likely to die to on a mummy or similar floor.

And ironically, my first Ziggurat Rush win was on a MiFi using the Obsidian Axe.

I've yet to finish off a pure spellcaster clear, courtesy of getting a floor of uniques on 27(?). Xtahua, Mennas, Mara, Kirke, Roka and Tiamat all at once... Ugggggh.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: December 19, 2017, 04:12:31 pm »

Melee characters are generally very bad in Ziggurats. You can of course clear plenty of floors, but you're likely to die to on a mummy or similar floor.

And ironically, my first Ziggurat Rush win was on a MiFi using the Obsidian Axe.

How does that work with cleaving? Do you get a friendly demon chance on every adjacent enemy?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14478 on: December 19, 2017, 10:40:19 pm »

I've yet to finish off a pure spellcaster clear, courtesy of getting a floor of uniques on 27(?). Xtahua, Mennas, Mara, Kirke, Roka and Tiamat all at once... Ugggggh.
Lol! *cringe*

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: December 20, 2017, 01:23:06 am »

That hurts my soul.

I didn't even realize Ziggurats could spawn uniques.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: December 20, 2017, 05:46:17 am »

That hurts my soul.

I didn't even realize Ziggurats could spawn uniques.

This was Ziggurat Rush, not from a normal game; I don't think zigs in there can.

A floor of uniques isn't quite as bad as it sounds, with a melee character; I had an ogre fighter almost clear out a Unique floor at ~25; the only threatening one left was Mara, and... well... Mara. Mennas' silence doesn't really change anything, and it's mostly just a matter of hiding behind a pillar to minimize LoS/adjacent tiles, and hoping you can lay enough of a beatdown before they get to you.

Edit: For details on the first time I encountered a high level unique floor:

Code: [Select]
  3752 | D        | Entered arena 25.
  3752 | D        | Noticed Aizul
  3752 | D        | Noticed Ilsuiw
  3752 | D        | Noticed Agnes
  3752 | D        | Noticed Nikola
  3752 | D        | Noticed Edmund
  3752 | D        | Noticed Grum
  3754 | D        | Noticed Murray
  3755 | D        | Noticed Rupert
  3755 | D        | Noticed Pikel
  3759 | D        | Noticed the Enchantress
  3760 | D        | Noticed Mennas
  3761 | D        | Noticed Margery
  3764 | D        | Noticed Saint Roka
  3764 | D        | Noticed Asmodeus
  3765 | D        | Noticed Chuck
  3766 | D        | Noticed Nellie
  3766 | D        | Noticed Tiamat
  3766 | D        | Noticed Erica
  3776 | D        | Noticed Xtahua
  3776 | D        | Noticed Kirke

(This wasn't everybody. Just who was visible before I entered combat and things got cluttered.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 05:54:49 am by Aoi »
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14481 on: December 20, 2017, 02:31:46 pm »

Playing as a fire mage. The first two rings and staves I find are: ring of fire, ring of fire, staff of fire, and a +2 hat of intelligence :D
AND a +3 amulet of reflection?!? I'm gonna train shields.

Do you think the new dungeon spawn mechanics (can't farm spawns on easier floors) is a huge buff to stabbers who won't have to worry about having their escape route cut off?

Stupid Ghost Moth!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 11:01:03 pm by FakerFangirl »

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14482 on: December 21, 2017, 12:44:48 am »

.21 Tournament announced and our team threads are up!!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168786.0

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: December 22, 2017, 02:27:17 am »

Promising start on a demonspawn warrior:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm really unsure whether I should commit to staves & train it up or not. Currently I can put it off (I reach minimum delay with a lajatang with heroism active) but I can't put it off forever.

Also probably will enter the tournament, just moving next week & a little unsure of my internet situation. Never won, but got to 4 runes before losing a promising character to the crypt.

Edit: Geez it's taken me up to here to work out I can just fire through my guardians

Edit2: Update 'cause changed gods & had to commit to the vampiric lajatang to deal with the summons as punishment

Edit3: Third rune

Edit:
& at the entrance to the tomb where my last good run ended, maybe I should just skip it or come back later...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 12:58:15 pm by wobbly »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: December 22, 2017, 12:56:08 pm »

Never won, but got to 4 runes before losing a promising character to the crypt.

Is even trying the crypt at that point worthwhile for most people? I put that off until I only have Zot/Pan/Hells left, and, depending on my resistances, may even do those first. Flayed Ghosts are nasty, there's a high risk of other unpleasant spawns in there, and, unlike a lot of other branches, I don't think there's any stashes of guaranteed loot in there either. It's mostly just a pit-stop on the way to the Tomb (or, in my case, a smack upside the head to remind me to change my god).

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14485 on: December 22, 2017, 02:37:40 pm »

If you have holy wrath, fireball, or really nice bow skills, then you should be able to handle the curse skulls on Crypt:1 with some rN+++. But don't enter Tomb:2 or Tomb:3 without a source of haste, controlled blink, healing, and torment reduction. If you find a one-way staircase in Tomb, then use your buffs and haste potion before climbing down because you will be swarmed and without controlled blink and magic mapping you won't have any way of leaving.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 02:41:09 pm by FakerFangirl »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: December 22, 2017, 03:24:59 pm »

If you have holy wrath, fireball, or really nice bow skills, then you should be able to handle the curse skulls on Crypt:1 with some rN+++. But don't enter Tomb:2 or Tomb:3 without a source of haste, controlled blink, healing, and torment reduction. If you find a one-way staircase in Tomb, then use your buffs and haste potion before climbing down because you will be swarmed and without controlled blink and magic mapping you won't have any way of leaving.

Yeah that one way staircase was pretty much what got my last strong attempt killed. Looked at it, thought this is probably a bad idea & went down anyway.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: December 22, 2017, 05:10:29 pm »

I don't find crypt that bad at all....
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Tegga21

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: December 23, 2017, 01:41:58 am »

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: December 23, 2017, 02:41:05 pm »

Yes got my 1st win, same demonspawn warrior, 6 runes. Probably could of got more but by the end I just wanted to finish it off rather then grind out the abyss for more consumables. Orb level was lots of cast dark, swift & scrolls of fogs till I could grab the orb & bail. Then similar for the ascent.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 02:45:32 pm by wobbly »
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 990