Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1139365 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14700 on: August 31, 2019, 10:02:24 am »

Well if its a wand it could of been a lot of them, I'd assumed Grinder where you have no guarantee of MR or the hps to deal with orc priests while paralysed.

Got a human fighter of Elyvilon going & I've found early crystal plate but am not sure how useful it is to me. So I've taken dex every stat-up & I don't have the greatest str, particularly when its combined with a large shield. On the other hand when I wear it a bunch of enemies just bounce off me. I found it in a bailey & wore it there (it was nice to have all the javelins bounce off). However the orc warriors with glaives had no trouble hitting me & hitting hard through it, & it puts my EV to negative.

Any advice? The ring mail or the crystal plate? Something else? Keep the crystal for later?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Found +3 plate of cold resist, so wearing that now

Edit 2: & update for not dying yet.

Edit: Blargh died to continuous net spam on the last level of shoals, I hate nets.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:38:46 pm by wobbly »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: September 01, 2019, 11:49:12 pm »

Does anyone know how much time a blink scroll "passes"? As in how much time do enemies have to move after you use it?

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled shield user
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: September 22, 2019, 10:01:25 am »

1.0, same as an average creature walking one tile.
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14703 on: October 01, 2019, 01:48:29 am »

Tournament 0.24 in August!  :o
Edit: I meant October! ... Yeah, no excuse for that typo.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:44:05 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled shield user
    • View Profile
« Reply #14704 on: October 01, 2019, 09:44:06 am »

What? How do you know when they will release it? Especially if it is 10 months away.
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: October 02, 2019, 02:23:35 pm »

Might finally get a kobold win through if I stop underestimating caustic shrikes. In the abyss because I blinked onto the gate. Also nice to see I can pretty much hit full stealth by turning into a spider (I get that last pip if heroism is running):

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: October 03, 2019, 11:03:25 am »

Well I won, 5 runes. I think I would of gone for more but I managed to acquire double frail mutations. Kobold hps are low enough without that so I just ducked in, got the orb & left.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: October 03, 2019, 01:44:35 pm »

Caustic shrikes, in my opinion are probably the most dangerous creature on par with orb of fire. On top of that, many people (including me) overlook rCorr because it's not very useful outside Slime.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: October 04, 2019, 10:59:21 am »

What's going on with the development of this these days? Still the same crew, focused on the same things? It seems like they've slowed down removing all the fun, which is good, and there are a few positive changes, like the books not taking up inventory space. I liked the change to mutation pots, although I was never a mutation roulette type, so YMMV.

Wu Jian was incredibly fun when first introduced. It's been neutered to the point of pointlessness, from what I can tell over an inter forum rivalry. There's just no gain from using the abilities instead of just tabbing.  The bizarre way this was handled and the incredible condescension from the Tavern folk really turned me off that community, which is sad, I used to love it.

I liked the version the people over at SA were doing, gooncrawl I think it was.  But I don't think that's been updated in a while, and I think due to stupid personal rivalries none of the servers host that branch anymore.

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: October 05, 2019, 02:02:33 pm »

Looking at trunk they're reworking Fedhas:

https://github.com/crawl/crawl/commits/master

Hopefully it'll be more interesting in its new form

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: October 05, 2019, 06:44:59 pm »

What's going on with the development of this these days? Still the same crew, focused on the same things? It seems like they've slowed down removing all the fun, which is good, and there are a few positive changes, like the books not taking up inventory space. I liked the change to mutation pots, although I was never a mutation roulette type, so YMMV.

Wu Jian was incredibly fun when first introduced. It's been neutered to the point of pointlessness, from what I can tell over an inter forum rivalry. There's just no gain from using the abilities instead of just tabbing.  The bizarre way this was handled and the incredible condescension from the Tavern folk really turned me off that community, which is sad, I used to love it.

I liked the version the people over at SA were doing, gooncrawl I think it was.  But I don't think that's been updated in a while, and I think due to stupid personal rivalries none of the servers host that branch anymore.

My favorite alt-melee god is uskayaw.  Encouraging you to not do smart things in melee can be an issue, with the line of sight thing and line pass encouraging you to leave safe chokepoints, but blowing up a big boss or unique with the ultimate ability is satisfying as hell.  As far as I know it one-shots anything with no save, even demon lords and the lernaean hydra and shit.
Shoes...

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: October 09, 2019, 01:35:53 pm »

Yeah, usk is fun.  Like you said though, to take advantage you really have to play suboptimally.  It's fun to try once in a while but it feels like you're trading effectiveness for fun.  It is incredibly satisfying to one shot a tough unique though.

It feels like after a certain point, the devs really resent the players. Like they're making this perfect game and the players ruin it by wanting fun.  And you get weird stuff like Dpeg saying it would be better if there were more unavoidable deaths. 

Argh I'm a grumpy old man, get off my lawn you whippersnappers.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14712 on: October 13, 2019, 05:21:58 pm »

Unlucky Abyss:4 early on.
Might finally get a kobold win through if I stop underestimating caustic shrikes.
Vulnerability+paralysis is effective vs caustic shrikes.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: October 15, 2019, 01:06:36 pm »

I love using Usk with an AoF; he ramps up ridiculously fast with it and there's no penalty worth mentioning for taking it off, so you can swap your amulet slot around as necessary.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: October 15, 2019, 05:26:12 pm »

oh, that's clever !
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982