Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1199601 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14745 on: February 01, 2020, 06:12:32 pm »

You don't have Tor immunity, just resistance.
I agree with powered by death, though.
I would add health +30% for a perfect endgame beast, though.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14746 on: February 03, 2020, 04:03:26 pm »

is decreased LOS still a thing? i thought they got rid of that.

i actually cleared a few zigs with a melee demonspawn with decreased los, because, yeah, it's that good.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14747 on: February 03, 2020, 05:50:04 pm »

Best you can do (i had this once) : Decreased LoS + Darkness spell + robe of the night.
With this you have only 2 LoS. I had this + claws mutation. Absolutely perfect. On the other hand, you are sometimes a bit "lost" because you don't see anything.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14748 on: February 04, 2020, 06:48:47 pm »

Yeah, decreased Line of Sight is hella good. Stealth Tornados are now

I've been mostly playing Legends of Runeterra lately, and I still need to check out Sunless Skies, but I think I'm going to try a full-on caster this weekend; haven't played one in ages. Presumably Fire Elementalist, see how it goes.

edit: What the actual fuck has happened to the starting book of Fire Elementalist
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 05:41:49 pm by Graven »
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14749 on: April 01, 2020, 09:42:30 pm »

Best Roguelike Poll
DCSS needs some love!!
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14750 on: April 06, 2020, 06:01:47 am »

Playing a DsVM.  Got the staff of battle on like D:2, demonic guardian, and picked Makhleb.  I don't even have to play the game, I got too many shooters behind me.  On lair, starting to get a little tough, relying more and more on Makh.  Found a book of power though, and dipping into magma bolt, maybe iron shot.
Shoes...

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14751 on: May 22, 2020, 03:04:08 am »

Tournament on the either May 29 or June 5.
Along with patch notes and a new scoring system with less emphasis on grind.
I am also recruiting Fan of Gales users for my team: Fans of Fans of Gales

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14752 on: May 28, 2020, 03:34:25 pm »

Hello DF peeps, are we doing the Tourney, is that still a thing? Not played crawl or DF for donkeys, but kinda in the mood...
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • Bandanaboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14753 on: May 29, 2020, 05:57:30 am »

Last time, we only had 3 players. I will be joining the tourney, as always.

I am not particularly good at DCSS, but I will start a team as well.
Open for anyone who wants to join.

Team name: Bay12 Crawlers
Leader: fv001
The shield is mightier than the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14754 on: May 29, 2020, 12:54:19 pm »

I'm mostly meh about it. The last tourney I played wasn't particularly enjoyable, and very few of the changes since have made me go "Waow it's Crawl time babay".
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14755 on: May 29, 2020, 01:22:22 pm »

I'm mostly meh about it. The last tourney I played wasn't particularly enjoyable, and very few of the changes since have made me go "Waow it's Crawl time babay".
Crawl changelist:

Removed fun
removed problematic fun
Fun found, removed

I used to look forward to these tourneys but the increasingly insular development crew just seems to hate the people who play their game at this point.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14756 on: May 29, 2020, 02:38:51 pm »

Crawl changelist:

Removed fun
removed problematic fun
Fun found, removed

I used to look forward to these tourneys but the increasingly insular development crew just seems to hate the people who play their game at this point.

I've harped enough about Crawl development over the years, sometimes justified, other times not as much, but to me personally it comes down to several things - I enjoy diversity, I don't mind redundancy (especially in enemies), and I'm not all that concerned with balance.

So when I read a change log that states:

Code: [Select]
Wands of Scattershot have been removed.
Several amulet, scarf, and cloak egos have been shuffled or adjusted
Jewelry with plusses now get constant plus values
Deflect Missiles has been removed. The tedious-but-optimal armour-wizardy-int dance has danced its last!
Next we have a round of item removals; thatís right, the dreaded r-word! On the chopping block are: lamp of fire, sack of spiders, fan of gales, crystal ball of energy, and staff of power.
The -Tele property no longer appears on artefact weapons and jewellery. Sorry, no more cheesing those Zot traps with your -Tele stick!

And I'm like,

Ok

but

what have you added?

Because playing since 0.5.2 I'm far more willing to not play Crawl at all, rather than go through the entirety of extended and the vast cornucopia of threats it displays, including (and absolutely limited to) Thing Wot Make HP Go Small (full screen) and Thing Wot Make HP Go Small (but localised, and now renamed to Damnation for some forsaken reason).

Anyways. I might possibly maybe try the tournament, but there's no way I'm going for a top 100 finish this time.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14757 on: May 29, 2020, 05:52:45 pm »

agreed, it's worth a couple wins once a year, but their really need some new mechanics or new ideas or something

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14758 on: May 29, 2020, 11:25:51 pm »

I'd rather have new species than nerfs. But every patch has made winning more challenging, which is a good design direction. I'll be taking this tournament more casually and seeing how long I last. They are marathons. I shouldn't play felid. I lake to play super slow and winstreak. Since it's what I'm good at. Defensive play. I definitely want to reach top 50 players. Last time 3000 people entered.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14759 on: May 29, 2020, 11:50:06 pm »

I'd like to see the main dungeon be a tad easier and extended get more difficult-- I like playing weird or gimmick builds that don't mature until at least mid-game and they're a pain to get off the ground. Couple that with a fast and loose preferred playing style, and I may have one of the highest death counts on CBRO. -_-
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Pages: 1 ... 982 983 [984] 985