Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1586804 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #11130 on: September 30, 2013, 06:43:19 pm »

Hello from DL 11 everyone!
I got summon dragon!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11131 on: September 30, 2013, 07:08:45 pm »

For the record, this was my character:

http://crawl.develz.org/morgues/trunk/Leafsnail/morgue-Leafsnail-20130930-203157.txt

I actually had 5MP left, it was cut in three by antimagic.  I used Device Recharging 36 times, apparently.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11132 on: September 30, 2013, 07:36:31 pm »

GOD DAMN I DIED.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11133 on: October 01, 2013, 04:05:19 am »

0.14 what? I just downloaded stable 0.12 from the site so shouldn't trunk only be 0.13?

Ghoul seemed like a suitably fun and viable race that wasn't a minotaur, so I started one that rolls with Kiku. Just got him up to lair, feels like Troll-lite thus far. I'll probably dabble a bit in necromancy eventually, regeneration and agony seem neat. The food mechanic is pretty cool.

You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

How'd ya die, Urist?

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11134 on: October 01, 2013, 05:39:52 am »

sigged

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11135 on: October 01, 2013, 10:17:35 am »

Trying to run a deep dwarf berserker, i have some questions :

- to increase my MP stock in order to recharge, i'm training spellcasting too, and of course Trog constantly tells me he does not like that and i feel ashamed or something.
Does it impact on the faith gain ?

- to spare the wand as much as possible, i regularly have to use Trog Hands, it has an important impact in my faith gain as i have yet to ran into 3 stars , even went back to 1 at some point despite i kill things everywhere and sacrifice constantly.
And i have an amulet of faith on top of this. So is amulet of faith nerfed to useless point in recent crawl version, or is previous point a bigger impact on faith gain than i thought ?

Not a question, but an observation about the most annoying part of Crawl gameplay to me, the "hungry" game.

Annoyingly Trog Hand has a hunger impact too, meaning that my character between Trog Hand, Berserk and the high hunger increase that is unfortunately part of Crawl gameplay, he's nearly constantly "Hungry" or "Very Hungry", and i can't really see how to not use Trog Hand and Berserk as both abilities have saved my character many times so far.

And with the recent nerf of butchered food nutrition point (because they removed nausea) does not help, you eat out of hungry, press O to autoexplore and in 5 seconds you're hungry again.

I wish Sustain/Gourmand amulets rings were more common, they make the "hunger" game so much bearable than what is the default.
A pity Mummy are so crippled in skills and Djinns are so easy to lose.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11136 on: October 01, 2013, 11:31:16 am »

Train evo, not spellcasting.  You have a +4 apt in it, it's actually useful and Trog doesn't mind it.  You won't starve to death because there is way more food than you need in the game.  Use the wand until Trog gives you a good weapon, after that you can spend piety at will.

Although your piety problems probably come from training spellcasting.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11137 on: October 01, 2013, 11:33:11 am »

Your MP is boosted by one of evo, invo and spellcasting by the way - whichever's highest.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11138 on: October 01, 2013, 11:43:31 am »

What a bummer, i thought training both spellcasting and evocation was giving more MP , what a huge waste of skill points then :/
thanks for mentionning that only the highest one is used , next time i'll be able to not waste so much experience there.

It's not much the fear of starving that i find annoying, but the focus in constantly having to butcher, eat , get hungry again a few seconds later, notice that convenientely the food just rotten on the same turn, butcher again, eat etc...
I prefer a lot much the tactical aspect of the battles than the "hungry game" that i find is wasting too much of the playtime and does not add any kind of fun.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:47:58 am by Robsoie »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11139 on: October 01, 2013, 11:52:10 am »

I agree that the food system should be removed, but Trog's abilities using up nutrition really doesn't matter.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11140 on: October 01, 2013, 12:33:21 pm »

Or balanced better. Butcher a corpse, get one butchered corpse. You eat the corpse for a good bit of hunger filled (enough to go from neutral to full perhaps), however it can only be eaten when hungry and always comes with a chance to poison or cause sickness to those without the proper traits. Or something.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11141 on: October 01, 2013, 12:38:50 pm »

0.14 what? I just downloaded stable 0.12 from the site so shouldn't trunk only be 0.13?
0.13 is in beta and will be released soon
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:45:03 pm by TripJack »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11142 on: October 01, 2013, 01:12:09 pm »

You know, I find it strange that nobody has thought yet to stick modified weapon stats somewhere in the interface. It would resolve so much inconvenience with researching weapon, armour and shield skills.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11143 on: October 01, 2013, 01:33:04 pm »

Apparently and unfortunately for me as i like stats, the devs don't like them, and instead of having damage numbers rolling we have the "ouch that hurts" type of messages or spell power expressed in " **** " .
I remember in some old version i was playing, when enabling wizard mode you had the numbers, not sure if it's existing in current version, been so long i didn't used wizard mode.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 01:35:49 pm by Robsoie »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11144 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:06 pm »

Or balanced better. Butcher a corpse, get one butchered corpse. You eat the corpse for a good bit of hunger filled (enough to go from neutral to full perhaps), however it can only be eaten when hungry and always comes with a chance to poison or cause sickness to those without the proper traits. Or something.
So basically the old food system only even more tedious and annoying?

The food system is barely even needed as a balancing tool.  The only places where it's really used as one are with Sif channeling and Ely healing, and you could easily find a new limitation to put on both of them.

You know, I find it strange that nobody has thought yet to stick modified weapon stats somewhere in the interface. It would resolve so much inconvenience with researching weapon, armour and shield skills.
There's a useful spreadsheet you can download here:
https://crawl.develz.org/tavern/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=359
Pages: 1 ... 741 742 [743] 744 745 ... 990