Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.  (Read 1586970 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup. Or: THAT DAMN SIGMUND.
« Reply #14820 on: July 30, 2021, 05:08:44 pm »

Best of luck to everyone playing!

I'm pretty burned out in general due to work stuff, so I'll be skipping this one, but I hope people have fun :)
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

TheLastVegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 12:00:47 pm by TheLastVegan »

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14822 on: January 31, 2022, 04:42:18 pm »

I am unlikely to have much time for it, unfortunately.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14823 on: January 31, 2022, 05:48:30 pm »

One thing I've been trying to figure out for... years, I guess... does unarmed combat actually help bonus natural attacks, like minotaur headbutting or vine stalker bites?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14824 on: February 01, 2022, 02:04:28 am »

As far I a know, no. But Blade Hands boosts damage from unarmed attacks.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14825 on: February 01, 2022, 09:57:58 am »

No idea how much I'll get to play, but if there's enough interest to put together a team or two, I'd be happy to join in.

Currently ranked 4,231st on the crawl.akrasiac.org player list, with my last win in .20... which was apparently back in 2017.
My how time flies.  :P

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14826 on: February 05, 2022, 05:39:59 pm »

I'm around 300 in Crawl, but i will skip this tournament. I want to give some times before i come back to the game, in order to see a real difference :)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14827 on: February 05, 2022, 06:03:46 pm »

I didn't even know the individual servers had rankings... does CBR2 have one buried somewhere, or is that just a feature they don't have?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14828 on: April 02, 2022, 09:43:51 am »

Just had a pretty fun Tengu Air Elementalist run after picking the game back up, especially because it ended up being my only Jivya run and best spellcaster run so far (3 runes including the free Slime Rune but died when I got too bold by not even entering Vaults before going through the Depths).

The mana and HP regen from Jivya combined with an Acrobat amulet and a full Air spellbook made it basically impossible to die through the end of all the Lair branches.

Not sure that it'd be repeatable though, I had Jivya at high piety before Lair thanks to an altar in a D:3 sewer! Jivya is not as random as I thought though, it felt like Xom if Xom just gave overpowered mutations every few levels.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 09:45:40 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #14829 on: May 15, 2022, 10:24:37 pm »

Quick question: how hard would it be to incorporate animated tiles into DCSS? Because I'm going to animate the Utumno set. Or more likely, the entire DCSS set. Probably about 6-12 frames each tile (essentially a janked boomerang loop, maybe with some "creative" bits, just to give a bit of motion and movement to the enemies. I'm not even going to touch the clusterfuck that is paperdolling the PC).

Basically were talking either gifs, or a set of 6-12 . png's. Would that be useful for the Devs do you think? I should be able to crank out 10-20 tiles a day, once I get my workflow set.

Either way, it's a pretty free tileset, so it'll probably be helpful for Devs of other roguelike projects. It's a zoggin huge tileset. I'll eventually get around to crediting all the original tile authors.

(It's mostly because software and hardware has come so far these days, that it's actually easy and fun and quick to do. And half of it (the animate'y bit, not the frame culling) can be done on my phone. I've always wanted to do it anyway, and it gives me a "big project" to do, instead of my booby Instagram stuff for a creative outlet. Might take a year, but I'll just chip away at it)
It's a game. Have fun.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14830 on: May 18, 2022, 12:17:20 pm »

I newer got shaftet this hilariously.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 12:18:56 pm by kulik »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #14831 on: May 18, 2022, 02:25:02 pm »

Had one like that the other week. I get shafted into swarms occassionally. Got shafted next to the orc mines once with not one, but three separate enemy swarms in view. I forget the details though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14832 on: August 24, 2022, 07:58:06 pm »

Heads up, there's a new tourney coming out Friday to promote the release of 0.29! There's been a ton of quality of life changes in the past two versions and the game feels very fresh if you haven't played in a while. The menus all around are a bit more intuitive, the difficulty curve feels a tad bit kinder at the very early game, and overall everything is finely tuned for a fun experience.

There's been a few classes and Gods added or reworked over the past couple versions too.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14833 on: August 26, 2022, 12:11:41 am »

I might try it.

TheLastVegan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14834 on: January 17, 2024, 02:00:58 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 987 988 [989] 990