Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is it possible to change the creature of an Entity without making a new world?  (Read 982 times)

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile

I want to dig out a huge dungeon, so I made an uber dwarf race that moves really fast, is practically indestructable, and has [NOFEAR], [NOPAIN], [NO_EAT], [NO_DRINK] tags, and so forth, but then I want to reclaim it as the normal dwarves.
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile

as long as the only changes are to the creature_standard file it should be fine.
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile

Just remove all the extra tags when you're done. You don't even need to reclaim.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

varkarrus

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity and a knife go well together.
    • View Profile

Wow. That was fast. And good for my sake. :D
Dip Stick! The newest candy! Just dip it, then lick it!
Or try FUBAR! The best chocolate bar ever!
And you can't eat them, either, sadly. Even though it'd make sieges so much more fun; dwarves lining the walls, drooling and carrying sharp knives and forks, ready for the upcoming meals.

Fieari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Adding or subtracting an entire creature (or other entity) requires a new world. Modifying an existing creature (or other entity) does not.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile

Though some of the entity determined things (like clothing) are set at world gen for the rest of the game so they do require world gen as an exception to the rule.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.