Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Automatically remove inaccessible trade items  (Read 924 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Automatically remove inaccessible trade items
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:04:08 pm »

As the title says, I'd like an option to have the game automatically remove inaccessible items from the trade list. I have problems sometimes where I'll mark an outside item for trade (goblin junk, usually), and then have to order my dwarves inside due to an ambush. The game then lags horribly as I'm spammed with Urist cancels bring item to trade depot: item inaccessible.

It's a pain to try and figure out sometimes what stuff is outside and can't be traded and what stuff is in my stockpiles underground and just hasn't been moved yet. So an option to clear out inaccessible items from the trading list would be wonderful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Automatically remove inaccessible trade items
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 02:48:22 pm »

Is the spam of the once-every-few-seconds variety or the 2000-cancellations-per-second variety?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 02:56:09 pm »

The 2000-per second-drop-your-FPS-to-2 sort of spam. Which is why I care so much. I literally can't do much until I find the offending object(s) and take them off of the trading list.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 03:11:26 pm »

I think Toady tends to consider those as bugs (there's a whole "message spam" section in the bug list), and it doesn't look like this one's been reported.  Might be worth reporting.