Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civ Mode Suggestions  (Read 1726 times)

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civ Mode Suggestions
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:14:44 pm »

Hi!

My suggestion is that in addition to Fort mode, you should be able to control the dwarven civ as a whole.
Things like creating outposts, telling them what to do and what trade goods to trade.

Feedback?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civ Mode Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:28:26 pm »

This is planned for Fortress Mode, actually.
Currently your fortress CAN become the capital of a barony/county/dukedom/entire civilization, but not much happens. Future development plans involve the ability to affect the area outside your fortress, including the stuff you're supposed to rule over.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Pure_W

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:29:17 pm »

Nice!

What about asking outposts to produce certain goods for you?

scribbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 02:38:24 pm »

Yeah, no more liaison because you're the mountain home. What about sending them a liaison?
I've got the king and he mandates dwarven cheese! For the next year every fortress will churn out cheese by the barrel and you can send them by caravan in the fall. So your trip isn't wasted I am authorised to return to you several bins of narrow silk socks, minus the bins as well as 140,000 mugs, also sans bins.
Surely you understand, we are the trading center of your world now?
I don't know give them to the elves, put them on a shelf. You don't only have to drink out of buckets and barrels you know.
End the slaughter of dorf kittens!
No self respecting beard wants to wear his pet as clothing! Dorfs need population control for pets and bad thoughts from products made from the animals they choose to bond with.
---------
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats."
-Albert Schweitzer

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 03:36:28 pm »

This is planned for Fortress Mode, actually.

Exactly. It's Core 30 actually.

Core30, KINGDOM, (Future): If you manage to get the monarch of the dwarves to arrive, you should obtain at least indirect control over the entire corresponding dwarven civilization. This includes the movement of all dwarven armies on the map and the ability to make the most important diplomatic decisions.

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:40:00 pm »

also, I believe there's something on the eternal suggestion voting list involving doing this independant of the fortress mode
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 03:47:53 pm by Granite26 »