Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial ***NEW 2015 SERIES***  (Read 620718 times)

WingDing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »

@ WingDing: To be fair, it is much easier this way.

Erm... which part of my post are you responding to?

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:07 am »

Wow, i never even knew about that site until you linked to it. I trust they got Captain_duck's permission to post all that. Is that right Captain_duck?

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2009, 07:05:00 am »

Considering the Videos are posted to and linked from YouTube I don't think any permission is required. Correct attribution is polite and about the most you can expect.

captain_duck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2009, 09:56:33 am »

You've been linked by Rock Paper Shotgun:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/01/08/losing-is-fun-learning-is-better-dwarf-fortress-tutorials/#more-6997

Hey awesome, free linkage :)

And guys, i dont care if anyone links it anywhere. These videos are meant to be seen, no-one has to ask me or anything. Ofcourse it would have been nice if they sent me a message that they linked me though.

Pod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2009, 11:59:48 am »

Cpt Duck,
the youtubes videos appear to have no sound? Also: The gamevee ones are 404ing for me :(

It's alright though, I watched them a while back, however people in that RPS thread are lost and confused!

captain_duck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2009, 12:28:09 pm »

Cpt Duck,
the youtubes videos appear to have no sound? Also: The gamevee ones are 404ing for me :(

It's alright though, I watched them a while back, however people in that RPS thread are lost and confused!

Theres nothing wrong with the sound, just checked it, the problem is probably on your side. Do you get sound in any youtube videos? If its not that, it were probably some temporary problems at youtube?

The gamevee ones are down because gamevee is down. I have no idea whats going on there, sites dead i guess :(
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 12:30:52 pm by captain_duck »

captain_duck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2009, 04:31:23 pm »

Time for another update:

Part 16: In this episode ill explain a tad more about forging, and theres more trading, and fortifications are explained.

Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial part 16 - Forging part 2, Fortifications: Youtube HD

I just uploaded this, could take an hour or so for the HD version of youtube to work.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 04:33:21 pm by captain_duck »

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2009, 01:34:46 am »

Thanks for the videos man. When i lost my first fortress, i could not be able to find out what to do, and barely lasted, then died, and mainly went towards adventurer. But when i got back to redownloading when i saw this, i decided to tryout your advice with my second fortress and it flourished, and now everyone of my fortresses a build (that isn't for messing around. I.E, flooding the world with magma) flourish with almost no deaths. (...almost)

Hopefully you'll get to Currency soon. I've still have YET to get any of to my saved fortresses.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 01:38:36 am by Hugna »

captain_duck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2009, 02:16:32 am »

Hopefully you'll get to Currency soon. I've still have YET to get any of to my saved fortresses.

Oeh currency, that will be a long way down the line. It's not really so neccisary either, and it slows down the game a LOT. Still forging them isnt that hard, you should have seen the "mint coins" option while forging. Just forge some gold, silver and copper coins, the currency screen in the [z] menu shows you how much you need.

Anyway update time:

Part 17: In this episode ill explain more about moods, butchering, using fat, cooking and start with leatherworks.

Dwarf Fortress Video Tutorial part 17 - Butchering & Cooking: Youtube HD

Inconnu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2009, 10:36:19 am »

Your videos are linked by TIGSource

[url]http://tigsource.com/articles/2009/01/10/new-years-resolution-play-dwarf-fortress/url]

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2009, 01:48:58 pm »

Wow, thanks captain_duck! I'm not so good with building a military, so I'll be watching the latter half of these.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2009, 01:26:00 am »

Congratulations Mr. duck, you have just been recognized by TIG source. Well done.

Relevant link.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

captain_duck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2009, 02:36:20 am »

Congratulations Mr. duck, you have just been recognized by TIG source. Well done.

Relevant link.

Yep i sure was. I kinda knew since i was emailing with the guy posting it and i made that quote in the article :)

Alehkhs

• Bay Watcher
  • The Sorrow of Poets
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2009, 04:21:48 am »

Relevant link.

Yep i sure was. I kinda knew since i was emailing with the guy posting it and i made that quote in the article :)

Indeed, I like to correspond with the people I write about. Unfortunately, although I began the process before the mention by Rock Paper Shotgun, I was beat to publication. Ah well, I like my "infomercial" format better...  :P
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:38:26 am by Alehkhs »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27