Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "The Momentous Realm" A collection of tales  (Read 690 times)

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
"The Momentous Realm" A collection of tales
« on: December 16, 2008, 06:24:38 pm »

PRELUDE:
A letter found in the Mountainhome of the OiledCities sent by Sarvesh Stafftrumpet founder of Earthmirrored

Dear E,
Just as the great Urist Silverhorns found the site upon which the famed Bridge of Craziness was built so too will I found a site upon which a great wonder shall be built. Though our starting band of 7 is but a meager group I hope that immigrants shall arrive out our fort with great speed to see that our construction is built quickly. The fortress shall stand near the Flame of Flickers and the brook Baldedslops within The Oracular Point in the Land of Pearls. Ingish and Udib were a bit spectacle of such a place but with both Centaur and Skevyr nations nearby if we ever are in need of help I feel that we will be fine.
Before we set off to take our place in legends let me first tell you more of our group. I am, as you know, a tinkerer and the leader of this expedition. Ingish, who you know as well, is obviously our sole miner and mason. We met a man named Stinthad who offered to come along as our carpenter. Along with us came Ingish's twin Ingish the brewer. Udib the craftsdwarf, our friend from childhood, sought me out among the refuse piles one day and asked to come along. Udib brought along with him Kel the hunter and Kel in turn invited a wrestler to come with us as a guard.
Perhaps we seem a bit unprepared, but wish us luck.
~Sarvesh
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
Re: "The Momentous Realm" A collection of tales
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 06:49:32 pm »

Explanation that I haven't gotten around to giving for about an hour now:

This is basically going to be a collection of short stories about the inhabitants of Earthmirrored, and when Earthmirrored falls adventurers that visit it, maybe a reclaim, and an Earthmirrored II in a different location (Reclaim and EarthmirroredII are only maybes) I'll only keep this up while I have things to write. Expect a story about the completion of some inanely small megaproject at one point along with the hunter's eventual death. ...yeah.
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.