Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: [RTD] - The Holiday RTD - Turn 5  (Read 20668 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
[RTD] - The Holiday RTD - Turn 5
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:16:52 pm »

This is an RTD I will be running over the Winter Recess. (December 20th to January 6th)

Rules:
1- Critical Fail
2- Fail
3- Partial Success
4- Success
5- Perfect Success
6- Overshot

The RTD:
The RTD will begin in the back of a wagon on a dirt road. It is set in the 1800's. The characters are all criminals of some sort, major or petty, and are being transported to a jail in Rhode Island. It is a 'realistic' RP, in that there is no magic and you cannot ascend to godhood.
You also may not repeat the exact same action twice.

Players:
1. Mulch Diggums - Thief
2. James Rocksteller Erickvanbond - Negotiator
3. Inaluct - Spelunker
4. Pandarsenic - Alchemist
5. John K. Calhoun - Gunpowder Expert
6. Perry Q. Quincy - Scam Artist
7. Robert L. Stevenson - Gunslinger
8. Flint - Martial Artist
9. Aven Donn - Improv. Crafter
10. Emmen Schutz - Sharpshooter/Poet
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 10:16:01 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Re: [RTD] - The Holiday RTD!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:56:03 pm »

Name:Mulch Diggums (Only known name)
Skill: Pick pocketing, knife experience, and sneaking about if I could have all three. Basically a theif.
Backstory: Caught while robbing a bank with just a pen, he killed 13 officers and wounded 3 others before he was shot into unconciousness.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 11:11:06 pm by Mulch Diggums »
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:33:51 pm »

Rhode Island

HEY! I know that place! :D (I happen to live in a cave there, well sorta).

I guess I'll take the role James Rocksteller Erickvanbond the third. Convicted for the crime of racketeering items from fine french cheeses to frilly asian (Wait you said 1800s) Persian silk panties. I'll have you know the states grew up on this sorta crime.

I guess my skills include negotiation, yacht boat racing husandbary, and charm skills.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 10:35:54 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:39:58 pm »

Sign me up!!
Name: Inaluct
Class: Helicopter Pilot and former spelunker (yes, I am aware of the irony)
Backstory: Inaluct was caught trying to tunnel under a bank when an incompetent obese policeman collapsed his tunnel by walking over it.

Inaluct maintains that he is actually a helicopter pilot, and therefore could not possibly have dug that tunnel.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:45:44 pm by inaluct »

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 11:09:57 pm »

Name: Cado Long
Backstory: Cado Long dabbled in chemistry, achieving literacy on his own study.
He began to experiment with a formula that would either make people vomit gold bars or make them suffer an agonizing death as their insides turned to mush. He tested it on the water supply of a small town. Guess which result he got?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 09:54:04 pm by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 11:31:45 pm »

I just realized what we'll be doing in this thread. Holiday RTD? Criminal characters?

We're going to steal Christmas.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 11:45:03 pm »

No, it's a holiday RTD because it's over Winter Break, which has Christmas in it.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 11:48:22 pm »

We could steal Christmas, though. Even better, we could steal it back from some holiday hating supervillain. The cops could come and ask us to do it, because we all would understand how criminals functioned and we would all have special skills we could use to infiltrate Commandante Scrooge's Battlefortress (you know what I'm talking about).

I'd totally be up for that.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 11:51:17 pm »

We could steal Christmas, though. Even better, we could steal it back from some holiday hating supervillain. The cops could come and ask us to do it, because we all would understand how criminals functioned and we would all have special skills we could use to infiltrate Commandante Scrooge's Battlefortress (you know what I'm talking about).

I'd totally be up for that.

... Want.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 11:57:25 pm »

Name: John K. Calhoun
Class: Technology/Explosives Expert
Any Backstory: He was framed for the destruction of a house by an explosion, but the amount of explosives in his own house was enough to convict him. He vows revenge for the one that set him up, but the only thing he knows about him was found on a piece of paper before he was arrested. It was shoved under his door, reading, "Banks."

See, what fun is stealing Christmas back without some guy to explode EVERYTHING!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:47:59 am by webadict »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 11:59:22 pm »

I'm thinking about changing my class to something like "Helicopter Pilot."

I'll just set it to that for now.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2008, 03:35:08 am »

Name: Perry Q. Quincy
Class: Liar, scam artist.
Backstory: A scam artist caught selling false shares in boiled sweets to the child of an upper classman.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:18:07 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 04:00:22 am »

Name: Robert L. Stevenson
Class: Bodyguard/Gunslinger/Survivalist
Backstory:
A gunslinger who was raised in the wild west, Robert was well known for his quick draw and the wild stories he told around a campfire.  Leaving home at the age of 16, he worked as a trapper in the rocky mountains for ten years.  There he learned how to survive in the wild from a friendly Indian tribe.  On his 26th birthday, Robert received a letter saying that a rich uncle of his had died, and he needed to return to Boston in order to collect the inheritance.  When he got to Boston, however, he found no trace of his uncle or the money. 

Having spent his savings on the trip, he became a bodyguard for hire in order to gather the funds needed to travel west again.  His charge, a Mr. John Silver by name, got in a bar fight, and Robert shot two of the attackers.  Apparently, back east they don't take too kindly to pulling a gun in bar fights.  Thus, he was convicted of 2 counts of murder.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 01:28:39 am by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 04:16:42 am »

Flint:
Being a know-it-all smartarse who doesn't have a job however is pretty good at swimming and because he has had to defend himself from people who dislike know-it-all smartarses he has learned some hand to hand skills.
(To make it easier, Hand to Hand and swimming)

Backstory:Flint had a relatively easy life living in luxury, however being in the company of only his parents servants, maids and butlers it is because of this he developed no social skills and upon the plot convinient "Harmonica" incident he was thrown out of his home and forced to open his eyes to the real world.

However to get to the next town over he had to swim across a large number of rivers and lakes so he developed some aptitued with it. Flint soon tried to make his way in the west however having a far more learned upbringing than those outside he was ridiculously booksmart but lacked any life skills soon getting into numerous arguments and fights, and while he could use a gun he found he was alot more proficient with his fists.

Eventually the sherrif got sick of the brawling and pinned it on Flint and so he wound up on a wagon and a short and tolerable sentence however things were about to get worse...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:18:48 am by Flintus10 »

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:19 am »

Name: Aven Donn
Skill: McGyver abilities

Backstory:

Aven Donn spent his entire childhood finding out how things work. He assembled various machines and took them apart to reassemble them again. When Aven was 13, he created a portable catapult that could launch small pebbles at people. When Aven was 17, he made a rather sharp sword from some scrap metal and loose rock.

Aven Donn, currently age 19, was caught researching new methods to move around the environment efficiently. Think Parkour. This was deemed as heresy to the throne because the king was so oppressive he wouldn't allow peasants to do more than riding horses and running to move around. Of course you could also walk. But crawling or sneaking was a crime. Aven was then shipped to another country (Where this RTD takes place) and placed on a criminal wagon with another lot of criminals.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10