Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Help me make a monolith

(1/3) > >>

Randominality:
So i loved the obsidian monolith map that magua uploaded but i didnt like the location. I want to start a segregated fortress where the dwarves arrive to find a huge obsidian monolith - maybe the gods made it? But since it just appears to have been made by gods/ aliens or w/e i might aswell use cheats to make it, since doing it otherwise takes ages and is boring. So far ive been making water and magma in alternate layers using 'for each tile' in tweak. However ive hit a snag, ive been using traffic designations to designate where to create the magma and water but now that ive got above all the features of the terrain i can't designate traffic areas. Is there any way i can designate where i put the magma and water? I have built a staricase next to the monolith but that doesnt let me designate the whole thing. Is there some way i can designate any tile in the map with traffic designations?

PTTG??:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down, take your time when you post- it'll be there for a while, and you want it to look good, right? So, use caps, don't forget spaces, and read over your post once or twice to see if it makes sense.

However, I got the jist of your question. I believe that all you have to do is designate the area you want to work with to Dig. This won't do anything obvious, but it should unlock those squares so that you can give them traffic designations.

And hey, put it up on the DF Map Archive when you're done, I'd love to see how it turns out!

Deon:
Why do you want to use traffic designations at all?

PTTG??:
Traffic designations are used for area designation for some 3rd party tools, in this case, ForEachTile.

JoshuaFH:
I still wonder if dropping a monolith into the ocean would create a tidal wave...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version