Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1187149 times)

popotam

• Escaped Lunatic
  • malsimulation
    • View Profile
    • malsimulation
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2009, 05:19:39 am »

Hi.

What about Lifevis (http://code.google.com/p/dwarvis/) and DwarfHeightmap (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=22342.0) ?
Those certainly are utilities.

Cheers
popotam

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2009, 12:20:53 pm »

Hi.

What about Lifevis (http://code.google.com/p/dwarvis/) and DwarfHeightmap (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=22342.0) ?
Those certainly are utilities.

Cheers
popotam

And I think they are utilities that would be good to add to the list =)
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

deepwatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2009, 01:48:08 pm »

Should be also here, even i promote myself :) :

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=30214.0

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2009, 05:58:26 pm »

Should be also here, even i promote myself :) :

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=30214.0

Even the best chains need to advertise. 

=)

deepwatch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2009, 12:43:40 pm »

It is not in original "Even the best man...." ? 8)

Normandy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 09:01:21 pm »

Has anyone figured out how to make Dtil or Tweak compatible with 40d9 yet? The directions on the wiki for getting Tweak working with the newest version of DF do not want to work, and I'm not sure Dtil has external memory offsets we can adjust.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2009, 01:16:31 am »

Has anyone figured out how to make Dtil or Tweak compatible with 40d9 yet? The directions on the wiki for getting Tweak working with the newest version of DF do not want to work, and I'm not sure Dtil has external memory offsets we can adjust.

I do not know, as I have not been using anything other than 40d myself.  I do know the most important program of the group, Dwarf Manager, Has been updated to allow 40d9.

You can perhaps use the memory offsets from Dwarf manager as a base point to change the other programs, and tweak does have core.xml files for separate versions so it should be doable.

Dtil is open source, so it's doable as well even if its memory.ini file proves to be insufficient.

All you have to find is someone with time and skill on their hands and the willingness to do it.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2009, 08:11:05 pm »

I do not know, as I have not been using anything other than 40d myself.  I do know the most important program of the group, Dwarf Manager, Has been updated to allow 40d9.

You can perhaps use the memory offsets from Dwarf manager as a base point to change the other programs, and tweak does have core.xml files for separate versions so it should be doable.

Dtil is open source, so it's doable as well even if its memory.ini file proves to be insufficient.

All you have to find is someone with time and skill on their hands and the willingness to do it.
Dtil would be the easiest to update. Until Rick comes back, Tweak will be impossible to update.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:21 pm »

Dtil would be the easiest to update. Until Rick comes back, Tweak will be impossible to update.

People other than Rick have done work on tweak, haven't they?
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2009, 01:16:45 am »

People other than Rick have done work on tweak, haven't they?
C# applications can be returned to their source code(minus comments).  If necessary when the next release comes around someone can decompile it, if the original author is indeed gone.

Best though to wait for the author for a while, because decompiling programs where they are maintained is kinda rude.  Even if done with the best of intentions.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2009, 08:23:52 pm »

Added a couple more mods.   Kinda slow lately on the mod release scene.... Guess everyone is waiting for the next version.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2009, 08:35:50 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32237.0

Add it to the list.  It's important.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2009, 09:27:10 am »

Heh. Thanks. Glad to hear it was an afternoon well spent. :)

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2009, 02:34:49 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=32237.0

Add it to the list.  It's important.

I certainly will, but I do normally require mods to be posted in the first message on a thread.  If you can get the mods creator to edit the message or create a new thread with the mod in the first post, I will change it to a link on the board.

It makes it much friendlier if people do not have to dig through posts to get at the actual mod.    For now I am linking to the mod directly on DFFD.

Great Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes metal for its screaming guitars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:30 pm »

I'm the author. I've edited the first post in that thread to include a link to the mod.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 69