Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69

Author Topic: Community Mods and utilities list.  (Read 1187819 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mods and utilities list.
« Reply #765 on: April 26, 2013, 10:39:54 am »

dfWorldTinker 0.34.11.0 released (finally).

Forum Thread

Download

Added 4/26/2013
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 27, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

I'm still a newb with modding, but I think at 3 weeks I've done a good job of merging two mods together (accelerated mod and civilization forge plus a few items from masterwork and some of my own changes).  I'd like to add it to the list as CivMWForge

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125119.msg4177533#msg4177533

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #767 on: April 29, 2013, 08:38:24 am »

Xangi's Fear the Night is missing from the list. Its a quite extensive mod that adds many kinds of custom vampires, werebeasts, disturbances, curses, necromancers, nightcreatures... I was just looking for the link and was surprised that it is not in the list.

Fear the Night
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: April 29, 2013, 10:54:52 am »

Xangi's Fear the Night is missing from the list. Its a quite extensive mod that adds many kinds of custom vampires, werebeasts, disturbances, curses, necromancers, nightcreatures... I was just looking for the link and was surprised that it is not in the list.

Fear the Night
Oh yeah, I've tried that one, very fun.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Bludragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:49 pm »

Just wanted to let the OP know that in my search for a way to change the number of dwarves i embark with i discovered that 10-15-20-30 Embark size is now obsolete.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:03:45 pm by Bludragon »

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: May 01, 2013, 01:38:25 pm »

I'm still a newb with modding, but I think at 3 weeks I've done a good job of merging two mods together (accelerated mod and civilization forge plus a few items from masterwork and some of my own changes).  I'd like to add it to the list as CivMWForge

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125119.msg4177533#msg4177533

If you have permission to do such things like the mod merge I will gladly add this mod (I am sure the authors will give it, but I just like to make sure =)

Fear the Night

Added 5/1/2013

Just wanted to let the OP know that in my search for a way to change the number of dwarves i embark with i discovered that 10-15-20-30 Embark size is now obsolete.

Alright, removed it.   (Side note, this is another reason I require links to forum posts and not a file... Pain in the butt to send them a PM on the forum.)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 02, 2013, 09:01:43 am »

Please remove "Dwarves in a new World - Legend of Zelda - This mod drops the dwarves into the world of Hyrule (or thereabout)." from the list. I've retired it in favor of Putnam's mod, and won't update it further than the current 34.11 version (I will continue to update my other mods, hopefully in more timely fashions than right now).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 02, 2013, 11:51:54 am »

Hey, I looked through the list and I didn't see Joben's mod Broken Arrow, it's a mod that finally found a fix for the overpowered railguns that are ranged weapons.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 04, 2013, 10:13:12 pm »

Please remove "Dwarves in a new World - Legend of Zelda - This mod drops the dwarves into the world of Hyrule (or thereabout)." from the list. I've retired it in favor of Putnam's mod, and won't update it further than the current 34.11 version (I will continue to update my other mods, hopefully in more timely fashions than right now).

Removed

Hey, I looked through the list and I didn't see Joben's mod Broken Arrow, it's a mod that finally found a fix for the overpowered railguns that are ranged weapons.
Added 5/4/2013

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 09, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »

Utility question:  does anyone know of a dfhack plugin or utility which can automate tree farming? 

What I'm after is a way to designate an area for tree-cutting each month without user input, to allow for a longer fortress timespan without any user input (auto-plant gathering would be a nice bonus).  My goal is to generate a young world, build and set up by the year 10, and then leave the fort running for so long that there is nothing else left alive in the world. 

There are a fair few tools that can help keep the fortress running relatively normally (eg autolabor, autobutcher, workflow), but all of these require raw materials from somewhere.  I've worked out how to automate indefinite production of items made of green glass, metals, and fire clay, but I need a zero-input source of wood if I want to avoid the gain-from-smelt trick with metals (for bins, armor, etc.)  I know metal is more dwarfy, but I want an immortal fortress with as little cheating as possible - and I have this image of totally insane dwarves waiting in the dark for the world to die, even willing to emulate elves if it means they can outlive every other race and  flood the world with lava at the end of time...

Sadly nothing like this seems to exist (please prove me wrong!) - surely someone has created a tool for such a trivial task? 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: May 11, 2013, 04:52:07 pm »

Utility question:  does anyone know of a dfhack plugin or utility which can automate tree farming? 

What I'm after is a way to designate an area for tree-cutting each month without user input, to allow for a longer fortress timespan without any user input (auto-plant gathering would be a nice bonus).  My goal is to generate a young world, build and set up by the year 10, and then leave the fort running for so long that there is nothing else left alive in the world. 

There are a fair few tools that can help keep the fortress running relatively normally (eg autolabor, autobutcher, workflow), but all of these require raw materials from somewhere.  I've worked out how to automate indefinite production of items made of green glass, metals, and fire clay, but I need a zero-input source of wood if I want to avoid the gain-from-smelt trick with metals (for bins, armor, etc.)  I know metal is more dwarfy, but I want an immortal fortress with as little cheating as possible - and I have this image of totally insane dwarves waiting in the dark for the world to die, even willing to emulate elves if it means they can outlive every other race and  flood the world with lava at the end of time...

Sadly nothing like this seems to exist (please prove me wrong!) - surely someone has created a tool for such a trivial task?

You would not want to use such a thing.  All tree products, that I can think of, end up as permanent products which get used forever.    Idealy, you want only things being actively used to be produced.   You want Auto labor to produce: Clothing, food, drink. These are all produced automatically from a farm plot.  And everything else should be manually assigned.   With clothing food and drink there is no reason a fortress can not survive indefinitely as long as it is sealed in.  (Although I usually have a mushroom farm underground to produce wood as I need it for expansion, it is only cut rarely if ever after the fortress reaches maximum size. )

If you MUST go down this road, may I recommend a mod to allow you to plant tree's and have them automatically harvested then turned into wood at a lumber mill.   I personally really like Masterwork Dwarf Fortress -> http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=125633.msg4214336#msg4214336 

Also training rooms/library mods would probably be good to keep skills from rusting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 05:04:51 pm by profit »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: May 11, 2013, 08:30:28 pm »

Charcoal, ash for fertiliser, lye for soap, etc.  Also potentially arrows.  None of these are absolutely essential, but I'd like to have the fort run as 'normally' as possible given the circumstances. 

In the course of normal play, I keep clear-cutting the map for more bins and it'd be nice to automate that. 

The function of autolabor is zero-input labor assignment, which is essential by the time a full generation has died of old age.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: May 15, 2013, 02:41:57 pm »

Here's a thing I made. I want you all to see this thing, and I want it to be put in the first post.

Blast - Raw parser, compiler and assembler. Extends the DF raw language with a dynamical macro template system. Make your mods concise, legible, configurable, intercompatible and perfectly extendable!

Go check it out. Blast is to DF like Forge is to Minecraft. It makes modding so, so much easier.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 15, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »

Saurian civilization mod

Now that I am more-or-less done with this it is time for it to be listed.

"Saurians are a small reptilian race of swamp dwellers that canot dig srone. (inspired by, but not a clone of, Kobold Camp)"
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: May 19, 2013, 05:54:06 pm »

Here's a thing I made. I want you all to see this thing, and I want it to be put in the first post.

Blast - Raw parser, compiler and assembler. Extends the DF raw language with a dynamical macro template system. Make your mods concise, legible, configurable, intercompatible and perfectly extendable!

Go check it out. Blast is to DF like Forge is to Minecraft. It makes modding so, so much easier.

Added.  5/19/2013

Saurian civilization mod Saurians are a small reptilian race of swamp dwellers that can not dig stone.

Now that I am more-or-less done with this it is time for it to be listed.

Added 5/19/2013
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 69