Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your Sentimental Habits.  (Read 4414 times)

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Sentimental Habits.
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2009, 12:46:05 am »

Currently, I've just assigned them all leather armour, made it, and presumed they'll just pick it up.

Now, considering I still have a bit of a camel problem and the odd cougar, I may just enable hunting, give everyone a crossbow, and go on a massacre.
Or keep them all busy and farm the wildlife indoors thanks to the wonders of cage traps.

At the very least, they'll stop puking all over the courtyard.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2009, 03:38:10 am »

The original seven always get special treatment. Whether that's their own apartment complex on stilts, or a grandiose tomb, I always try to take care of the seven.

Eight and above (not counting the children of the seven) however? If they are un needed, they get a trip to the atom smasher
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Randominality

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:EAT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2009, 10:16:48 pm »

-Everybody has a 3x3 room at least and then gets a 5x5 room with all gold furniture when they become legendary (needless to say econmy is turned off)

-I never build any hallway/room with bits that dwarves can get through the infinitely thin diagonal bit in between walls

-I also always save scum when one of my first 7 dwarves is killed

-I never sacrifice a dwarf in order to build something, unless i absolutely HAVE to
Oh Gordon Freeman, what medical procedure can't you educate alien war machines about?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]