Other Projects > Other Games

Transcendence - Maker says "Roguelike in space" - But I didnt die that often yet

(1/5) > >>

Puck:
I stumbled upon

http://neurohack.com/transcendence/

in this thread.

I think that game looks promising. Reminds me of "ur-quan masters" or "starcontrol" or whatever it was called. Anybody here playing it? Because I think it deserves its own thread full of its own stupid questions.

It seems you can program your own modules (as well as generally mod the living shit out of the game itself) which is nice.

And in case anybody is as stupid as me, .99c is the version number, and not the price.

JustOnePixel:
Pretty sure this has made the rounds already, but totally worth mentioning once again.

Tahin:
Can't get it to run under Wine, but I like the music, at least.
Now I want to play this game...

EDIT: Huh. That's odd, says it runs fine on WineHQ... I can't even get it to install.

EDIT2: Woah. I tried running it from the console, and suddenly it started working. It was giving me a bunch of error messages like it couldn't find a zip file, or something, before.

EDIT3: Gah. Somehow I had it set to open .exe with archive manager...

Anyhow, I really like this game. It does kind fall into the roguelike trap where the game is incredibly easy and then suddenly you come up against a huge swarm of monsters/spaceships that rip you to shreds. Maybe I just need to be upgrading my shields more often.

Okenido:
Puck while you may last longer than most other roguelikes, death is always going to lurk in the same way.

Deon:
Oh, old good game. It's been some time since I played it for the last time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version