Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [req] graphics for caged creatures  (Read 1965 times)

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[req] graphics for caged creatures
« on: December 30, 2007, 05:00:00 am »

currently, creatures in a cage sitting in the animal stockpile shows their gfx tiles properly.  But when moved/built into a cage building, it switches back to the ascii character, resulting in the phenomena that creatures in an animal stockpile actually looks better than a constructed "zoo".

Wonder if it is trivial to make cage buildings displays the gfx tiles of their captives properly?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [req] graphics for caged creatures
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »

I think there were some annoyances with it until I get to item graphics, so I skipped it at the time.  Not sure when I'll get to that.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 08:46:00 pm »

I see.  So it has something to do with item gfx which is not yet implemented?  I had thought that it was more of a yet-to-be-undone hardcoding, but guess I thought wrongly....  :)

Incidentally, is the current non-support for gfx for vermins due to the same reason??? in that they're actually "items"?

thanks for the time and effort to reply!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

After they've been caught they become items, yeah.  Before they are caught, they are neither creatures nor items, but vermin events.  But yeah, not yet supported in either case.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

sphr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 10:04:00 pm »

got it  :) this seems to be a low prio thing, so I'll be patient and wait...  thanks!