Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Government styles  (Read 1799 times)

Sector 7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Government styles
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »

While shoveling my driveway the other day I had an idea inspired from Civ4 - Different styles of government.

Once you get a mayor you would be able to chose between a communistic style of government (no economy, assigned rooms,) democratic (dwarves elect all officials,) a caste system (dwarves train offspring in their craft, player unable to change dwarf labor preferences,) a feudal system (leaders chosen based on bloodline, noble dwarves and skilled craftsmen have more money than peasants) etc etc etc...

It's far fetched and somewhat unnecessary in terms of gameplay, but I thought it was an interesting idea and I'd like to know what you all think of it.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: Government styles
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:32:00 pm »

It's suggested and in the devnotes and such.   Toady is totally awesome and would not dream of having a game where you can have communists fighting aristocracies.

Rob Allen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 04:07:00 am »

What about using a "build-your-own" government system, where you can customize your government by establishing and configuring state policies like voting rights (who can vote - nobles only, men only, no children, etc.), state property (how much wealth are individual dwarves allowed to own), police system (military police, civilian police force, or vigilanteism/anarchy), etc.

Come to think of it, this might be much more difficult to implement.

[ December 31, 2007: Message edited by: Rob Allen ]

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:20:00 am »

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 07:34:38 pm by penguinofhonor »

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

I've always wanted a Tyranny!

One ruler gets whatever he wants and everyone else serves him. Haha! We could make some cool civs...

Never go to the lands of grindskull, where no one may say anything except "I hate you", or the city of airale, where alcohol is believed evil!