Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Could somebody help me find a map/seed?

(1/5) > >>

Asehujiko:
I need a major river with a waterfall that has sand and either magma or alot of trees nearby. No aquifier is a plus but not required. Also, stock large worlds preffered. Right now i'm at 7 worlds genned just for this purpose and all but 2 of them don't have major rivers at all, let alone major waterfalls.

If this request is fulfilled, a dwarfiness will ensue.

Pilsu:
Extremely easy. Just increase the amount of desired rivers before and after generation

Deathworks:
Hi!

Okay, I will try to find something like that.

However, in order to save a little bit of time, I will rather create medium sized-worlds.

I will start genning right away, but you may wish to comment on some assumptions I am making:

I will not try to preserve megabeasts, instead going for 1050 in development (probably a world without megabeasts).

I will try to have all races (dwarves, humans, elves, goblins, kobolds) to have at least one dominated site (goblins may be replaced by other races, in reality, of course (^_^;; ).

I will try to keep the number of sub regions low so as to maximize history density (helps to get nice engravings).

If you have any comments on these assumptions, or other requests, please post them here and I will try to work on them.

Deathworks

Great Cthulhu:
My latest site has an underground river with one or two small waterfalls, sand, magma, flux, no aquifer, and access to dwarves, elves, humans, and goblins. It may have HFS, but I'm not sure. You may want to give high priority to digging to the river, as the only pool on the surface is in a desert biome, and hence dries up pretty quickly. Also, the world is standard sized, rather than large.

If you're interested, I'll gladly post it.

Deathworks:
Hi!

Sorry about using a double post, but since this is an important change, I need the extra-highlighting.

I have found a world/site that might be good enough for the requirements mentioned (okay, it is a medium world with a few odd settings):
Major river
Water fall (seemingly the major river itself)
Lots of trees
Sand
Does have aquifer (^_^;;
Magma unknown, but possible

For a closeup of the falls, look at the Map Archive.

The file itself can be downloaded at the Depot.

Deathworks

P.S.: As a special bonus, in many of the dark goblin fortresses in that world, there are actually goblins!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version