Other Projects > Other Games

Baldur's Gate 2, is it worth a try?

(1/5) > >>

Dakk:
I tend to like D&D rpg games i find, and i wanted to try BG 2 for a while, but never made up my mind. I played neverwinter nights and enjoyed it, also played Temple Of Elemental Evil, and its was ok, i prefer to go solo on games like this instead of hiring random NPCs at every chance i get.

So, is BG 2 worth a try? There's a shop nearby selling the whole pack with all expansions for a nice price.

Buy, rent or borrow?

sonerohi:
Rent. It's fun, but it loses its appeal very quickly, so just get it and enjoy it for a week, and don't buy what will eventualy be a dust collector.

Okenido:
I assume he's speaking of the PC version which is quite more different from the console versions.

Kagus:
I would say buy, buy before it's gone and pick up a spare just to be on the safe side (if it's PC, of course).  Starting new characters is more annoying than in BG1 (the intro just takes longer, so if you like making a lot of different characters you'll have to go through the same old shtick several times), but once you actually get playing you'll find just as amazingly huge and detailed a universe as the prequel.

Plus some bigger spells.  Including one which is just downright cheap and should be outlawed.

Dakk:
Yea i'm talking about the PC one :P

Thanks peeps, i'll check it out!  :D
Another question though: Is combat turn based or real time? I doesn't really matter for me, but it'd be nice to know anyway :P
Also, is "soloing" possible? I have a thing for independant characters  :D , i knows it may be a challenge, but hey, losing is fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version