Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What mp3 player should I get  (Read 3132 times)

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What mp3 player should I get
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 02:52:29 am »

I haven't tried any of the recent mp3 players, but I will lodge my general support for Creative products. I purchased a Creative Zen Touch 3 1/2 years ago after considerable agonizing over that or an iPod, and I've been pleased with my choice. It's simple to use and durable (I've dropped it twice from no small heights onto hard surfaces without any loss of function); it hung once, but that was fixed with a quick stab to the reset button. The damn thing even seems impossible to scratch. Anyway. Thumbs up for Creative.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 11:33:47 am »

But Creative really doesnt give a shit about their soundcards & drivers anymore, possibly because they lack competition? That would be enough for me not to buy anything from them anymore.

If you wouldnt have said you want to watch movies and whatnot I'd just have said "get one of those usb thingies"... theyre cheap, with 4gig big enough for my portable mp3 needs, will probably last longer than 1 and a half years, and even if not...

you can probably buy 10 for the price of those bigger toys.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 01:19:25 pm »

I have a cowon D2. It's fantastic.

Goes up to 16 gigs, has a SD card slot. You can install flash apps. Has a touch screen. Sound quality comparable to Creative's and plays lots of formats including ogg/flac - videos, music, displays pictures. You can drag/drop any file so no dealing with itunes.

(Ipods have shit sound/quality tend to break after a few months or years) The D2's relatively small but naturally it isn't designed as pretty as an Ipod - but I think it'll last longer.

Before I had a brick of a creative zen, 40 gigs. It had great sound quality too but was ugly and large (like a brick). The hard drive failed after 4 years of tough use (during which I used it as a weapon in bar fights to hit people) No joke. I loved that thing but Creative discontinued the line :(

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 03:51:22 pm »

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/

I know this isn't quite a mp3 player, but this site is a very nice site for comparing and finding the mp3 player you want.

I just bought my new one I found on this site, but as I was looking more at the size and sound quality parts of the product I can't recommend you anything :/
Pages: 1 [2]