Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Games  (Read 2149 times)

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
Xbox 360 Games
« on: December 26, 2008, 08:06:50 pm »

Ok, I have an Xbox 360 now, the question is, what games should I get?
I have The Last Remnant and Fable II, and that is all.
Gear of War and Halo do not appeal to me, and it seems there is little else on the 360 but FPS games.

I am considering getting Left4Dead, but I am not sure if I should get it.

Allrighty.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 Games
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 08:27:14 pm »

Uh, GTA4?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 03:30:51 am »

Farcry 2? Fallout 3? Something 4Left4Dead?
Left4Dead, by the way, is great.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 06:14:51 am »

If you have XBox live, definitely Left 4 Dead, Dead Space if you're into it,  I've heard good things about Far Cry 2.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2008, 09:12:53 am »

Am I the only person in the world that hates Guitar Hero?  There are like five guitar heroes out, they're all like forty dollars, and the only improvement is new songs.  With all the money people spend on guitar heroes, they could get a real guitar.
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 09:24:15 am »

When my brother got his Xbox 360 he bought RockBand and Halo 3.  RockBand cost $170 and we never play it and Halo 3 cost $60 ($50?) and we still play it.   ;)

Anyway, for games I would say FallOut 3, if you don't want it to be a FPS, then I can't help you.  There is some racing and sport games, but nothing that I have.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 09:39:04 am »

Am I the only person in the world that hates Guitar Hero?  There are like five guitar heroes out, they're all like forty dollars, and the only improvement is new songs.  With all the money people spend on guitar heroes, they could get a real guitar.

I hates it.

To Hawk: I suggest, Blue Dragon, or it's sequel [what-it's-name] (who reviewers said to be) the greatests RPG in Xbox 360
Eternal Sonata? Pseudo-real time, I heard so.
What else... hmmm....
Well, yeah, search for yourself then.

PS: Is TLR (The Last Remnant) good? I'm waiting for that since 2007. It's also released in PS3, right?

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 10:01:10 am »

I normally do not recommend FPS games as I'm not much of a fan of them, but Halo 3 is worth getting.  I think it's the number 1 multiplayer game for the 360.

The matchmaking system is awesome, and there are constantly new updates, maps and features being added to the game.  It's a great game to blow off some steam for an our or two with a buddy online.

Omath Erius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2008, 12:20:13 pm »

Tom Clancy's Endwar comes to mind.

If you're going to buy Left4Dead (or any Valve game for that matter) get it for the PC, or you'll regret it.

Speaking of regrets, don't buy Stuntman: Ignition.

That said, even if you're not interested, I'm still putting a good word in for Gears of War 2.
fhalkgsuehgvnl gherghlirhb

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2008, 05:50:20 pm »

Left 4 Dead is a fun game, that's for sure. Don't listen to the elitists who say that it's only good on PC - yes, they've got better longevity to it, especially given Valve's history of updates for their Xbox games (read: none) but it's still a great game. If you can pick it up cheap or rent it for a week, you'll do good. And I've been having plenty of fun with it offline, too, so Live Gold isn't really needed. You'll only ever want to play with your friends on it anyway, and for that it's better to get them to just drag their consoles and copies to your house and play System Link instead - you'll have more fun that way, it'll be less laggy, and when they be dicks by moving the portable generator to the top of the elevator in No Mercy, you can just reach across and slap 'em for their troubles (or just be smart and remember to take an oxygen tank with you to blow up and move the thing)

I got Guitar Hero: World Tour for Christmas and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I've only really played a bit for GH2 and never owned any of them, so for me it's a fresh and novel experience. And it's one of those few games you can play in front of a crowd of complete strangers and get them excited about how well you're doing - no-one's going to applaud you for grinding in an RPG, but hit a few notes in GH and you're in.

The FPS are all pretty much the same. See thing, shoot thing, find bigger thing to shoot bigger things with, try to get thing, win game by achieving thing. Halo 3 is the average of them all, so get that and you'll have a mildly enjoyable experience that quickly fades into nothingness.

And RPGs are very subjective, so do your research on those. I'm playing through Eternal Sonata right now and I'm loving it - others will probably recommend Mass Effect or something but I honestly found it all rather bland and boring.

Oh, and my Xbox Live Gamertag is Aaronicon, if you want to add it for some bizarre reason.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 05:54:35 pm »

What the hell does this have to do with modding DF?

EDIT:I seem to have blundered into the wrong forum... This message shall remain as a shrine to my idiocy,for all to make faces and point at me.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 07:05:11 pm »

I hates it.

To Hawk: I suggest, Blue Dragon, or it's sequel [what-it's-name] (who reviewers said to be) the greatests RPG in Xbox 360
Eternal Sonata? Pseudo-real time, I heard so.
What else... hmmm....
Well, yeah, search for yourself then.

PS: Is TLR (The Last Remnant) good? I'm waiting for that since 2007. It's also released in PS3, right?

So far, yes.
I love the strategic combat, and the non-grindiness of it.

I'll pick up L4D, and I would get it for computer, but mine can barely run Soul Reaver 1.

JustOnePixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 10:14:43 pm »

Saints Row 2 is some excellent fun.  It's not up to GTA4 standards in a lot of areas (story, world simulation) but in others I actually prefer it over GTA (customization, melee combat, general silliness).  Worth a look.
Tessie! 'nuf said' McGreevy shouted,
we're not here to mess around!
Boston, you know we love you madly,
hear the crowd roar to your sound!
Don't blame us if we ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya!
RED SOX!  You are the only, only, only!

socially_inept_butterfly

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes cows for their haunting moos
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 10:18:49 pm »

Some people will hate me for this...
But Oblivion is good if you don't expect it to be uber realistic. Honestly, how realistic can a game with magic get? And if you don't like fast travel, don't use it. But I'll end the rant here.

Halo is pretty good, but you said you weren't into the that.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is pretty fun, I just got it. Not a very in depth story or anything but still fun.
Urist Axebeard, Mayor, has banned the export of brains.
Pages: [1] 2