Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Making wooden weapons?

(1/2) > >>

Warlord of Woe:
As far as I have seen, found by search, or heard of, the only wooden weapons in the game are made by Elves. I was planning on modding in simple training weapons for Dwarves that can be made of wood when a cruel realization came to me; I don't know how. Is it possible to specify that certain weapons can be made out of wood, like an item token or something?

Sinergistic:
... One quick search later  ::)

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25008.0

Third post.

JoshuaFH:
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry! Your efforts are in vain! the only way to get dwarves to make wooden weapons is to add [WOOD_PREF] to their entity entry.

This allows you to make wooden weapons, but unfortunately, the magic of [WOOD_PREF] entails alot of things, and one of those things is that dwarves won't be able to make metal armor anymore!

So do so at your own discretion!

So sad. Hopefully future versions will have improved modding potential, and little things like this can be avoided.

Yes, i did read the thing above, but it just feels bastardized if its made at a bowyer's shop. Not to mention that you have to continue modding the game in order to avoid odd mishaps in dwarven AI.

Deon:
There shouldn't be any mishaps in AI if you add blowgun line to melee weapons.

TettyNullus:

--- Quote from: chaoticjosh on December 27, 2008, 03:27:00 am ---OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry! Your efforts are in vain! the only way to get dwarves to make wooden weapons is to add [WOOD_PREF] to their entity entry.

This allows you to make wooden weapons, but unfortunately, the magic of [WOOD_PREF] entails alot of things, and one of those things is that dwarves won't be able to make metal armor anymore!

So do so at your own discretion!

So sad. Hopefully future versions will have improved modding potential, and little things like this can be avoided.

Yes, i did read the thing above, but it just feels bastardized if its made at a bowyer's shop. Not to mention that you have to continue modding the game in order to avoid odd mishaps in dwarven AI.

--- End quote ---

I didn't added WOOD_PREF to my dwarves when I added capacity to make dagger, and expanded to wood and bone ( and I used similar method to make it at the bowyers) And so far, I haven't seen any breakage.

ed: doh, meant to say bone instead of metal, and yes I consider making it at bowery to be a bit hackish, but it's the only way, I like to think of it as applying experience at making non-metal bows to making stabbities that won't break so easily  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version