Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Xtream FTD - Round 20, SOME people need to post more...  (Read 25658 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Xtream FTD - Round 20, SOME people need to post more...
« on: December 29, 2008, 12:00:27 am »

Im bored of the slow pace of RTD games so I have thought up this little change in the rules.(also I dont own a dice but that has nothing to do with it, I PROMISE)

Anyway, other then the dice there is no change in the rules from classic RTD(status effects wont have an effect on your flips though). You know, no mulitple actions and such. If you dont know the rules then there are plenty of RTDs out there to look at.

Your results are determined by the flip of a half dollar.
heads: Overshot
tails: Epic Fail
on the side: This one probably wont happen to anyone here but, just in case... It causes nothing to happen.

The Story: You are stranded in large fortress that is being raided by robot soldiers in the middle of a giant field on mars with some of your allies, you must fight off the robots in order to clear the area for drop ships to land and take you back to earth. There is a terminal in the middle of the room. There are no windows, everyone starts with light armor. There is a box in the corner of the room containing everything that you brought when you came to the fortress. (you can take whatever item you want from it). If you die(witch you probably will) you will appear back in the fortress in a soft leather chair. (without anything but starting items). There is a staircase leading down to the exit of the fortress.

My super computer like brain can take the burden of thousands of players!(that combined with the fact that updating the Current player minimum is a pain in the ass)

(Current players)
Cheeetar
SHAD0Wdump
Boksi
Flintus10
Psyco Jelly
Pandarsenic
Strife26(away)
Fenrir(away)
Squeegy(away)
SombreChapaeu(away)
Kashyyk(away)*
n9103{quit}**
-Anyone may join in at any time, rounds dont matter. Just put your action and I will take care of all the complicated stuff ;D

*Away characters will do odd jobs (stuff that doesnt really matter to the main storyline) for the rounds they miss, but eventualy I'll take them off the stats list. In any case you can rejoin back in at any time with your previous stats.
**Players who quit may rejoin the game at any time, but will not be able to redeem their previous stats EVEN IF BOUND. They can restart from the beginning though.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 03:07:10 am by cowofdoom78963 »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Xtream FTD -tales of greed and gimicky fourm games
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:10:28 am »

I look for a main battle tank or any other heavy armored vehicle.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 12:11:50 am »

I might be posting really irregularly for a while, so I'm reluctant to join. I have two suggestions on the current rules, though, because I need something in my post besides "I would join, but blahbla":
  • I'd make heads a success. An overshot isn't really very desirable. You could just have something where you flip once to see whether the coin is A Success or A Failure. Then, you can flip again to see if it's an EXTREME Success or an EXTREME Failure. Something like that.
  • I forgot what else I was going to say. In place of a good idea, I suggest that you have players respawn totally naked, but still in a leather arm chair.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:17:56 am »

I play an extreme game of chess with a robot, hoping to kill it with my extreme logic.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 12:21:12 am »

I might be posting really irregularly for a while, so I'm reluctant to join. I have two suggestions on the current rules, though, because I need something in my post besides "I would join, but blahbla":
  • I'd make heads a success. An overshot isn't really very desirable. You could just have something where you flip once to see whether the coin is A Success or A Failure. Then, you can flip again to see if it's an EXTREME Success or an EXTREME Failure. Something like that.
  • I forgot what else I was going to say. In place of a good idea, I suggest that you have players respawn totally naked, but still in a leather arm chair.
Hmm, That wouldent be a bad idea. But this isent supposed to be a regular FTD, but a Xtreme FTD. Also, Im planning on making every overshot a extreme success.

As for the second idea, I dont want to waste turns having a character look into the box everytime he dies for cloths especialy seeing how theres a 1/2 chance they get horribly mangled. It just seems tedious.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 12:33:03 am by cowofdoom78963 »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 12:44:54 am »

Shouldn't it be FTC, flip the coin?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 12:46:58 am »

Shouldn't it be FTC, flip the coin?
I guess it depends on weather you think RTD means "roll to dodge" or "roll the dice"

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 12:51:02 am »

Oh yeah. Forgot about that one.
I've played some mafia.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 01:30:54 am »

I saw it as **** the Dodge...

If that really matters to anyone.

BTW,count me in!

I pull out a rabid squirrel for chucking at the nearest threat.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 01:33:39 am by SHAD0Wdump »

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 04:41:21 pm »

Alright seeing how this has sunk to the bottom of the page, I might as well get on with round 1. :)

Round 1:
---------
Strife26:(tails) While on your search for a tank you stumble into a mine field!
dodge result:(heads) You quickly notice the poorly hidden mines and disarm them adding to your inventory, you get as many as you can fit in a bag.
Cheeetar:(heads) You invite a squad of robots inside for a game of extreme chess, they accept. Your epic manuvers are too much for them to handle and they self destruct!
SHAD0Wdump:(tails) You notice a squirrel sitting next to a tree, you sneak up behind it to pick it up... But it sees you and turns around, wait a second this isent a squirrel! The mad man in a squirrel suit swings at you with his chainsaw!
dodge result:(tails) The chainsaw digs deep into your stomach! It cuts you in half!

stats:
-------
Spoiler: Strife26 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SHAD0Wdump (click to show/hide)

geography:
-----------
Spoiler: the fort (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: the feild (click to show/hide)

Also I should note(once more), skills wont change your flip chances. Their more just for show and might change the wording of results. ;)

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 04:55:58 pm »

I go and pick up a heavy shotgun and a bag of armor-piercing ammunition from the bag.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 05:03:27 pm »

sod it.

I pick up an rpg and high explosive ammo from the box.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 05:38:04 pm »

I tear apart Squirrel Man and stitch his lower body where mine used to be.Also I steal his chainsaw.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 06:53:32 pm »

I challenge the robot chess champion. Then, I use my winning piece, my fist. I move it across the board and into the robots chest, hoping to make it explode.
I've played some mafia.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »

If its not to late, I'll join.

I use the robot wreckage to make myself a (an?) robotic exoskeleton.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15