Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Common Question: When do I need to generate a new world?  (Read 232015 times)

Fi

• Bay Watcher
  • φ
    • View Profile
Re: Common Question: When do I need to generate a new world?
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2020, 10:26:31 am »

I'd rather ask here (since the question suits this thread perfectly) than create an entirely new post, but does the world regeneration rule apply to 'item_???.txt' files as well?

I forgot to add in an 'item_???.txt' file for my custom instruments which was the reason why my instrument-based crafting reactions kept failing (they kept crafting all manner of unrelated tools instead of instrumental parts), and I'm not too sure if adding it to my pre-existing world would work.

locustgate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2021, 03:10:17 pm »

Is there a conversion rate for animals IRL height to DF height?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2021, 05:06:31 pm »

The game doesn't really simulate height all that meaningfully. It simulates volume in cubic centimeters. There are more precise formulas for converting volume to the proper weight with regards to things like antlers and horns, but it looks like most of the vanilla animals were sized by simply taking the weight of the real animal in kilograms.

For example, a male gray wolf weighs an average of 40kg in real life, and the DF version has a size of 40,000.

TLDR:Take the animals' average weight in kilograms and multiply by 1000.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]