Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Talking Attacks  (Read 4122 times)

Dwarfaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://(none)
Re: Talking Attacks
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2008, 02:58:34 pm »

Higher Wisdom should reduce the effects of talk attacks. After all, the enemy isnt saying anything a character with high wisdom doesnt already know.

If I have 6 wisdom, for instance, then I already would know most of that jive about capitalism.

You ruined it. Curse you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2008, 04:34:15 pm »

You have it backwards.  If you have 6 wisdom, that nonsense about capitalism might actually make sense.  Someone without the curse of wisdom is less likely to be hurt because they can't even begin to understand.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2008, 04:53:45 pm »

that will make the boss armor from talking attacks,
but thay are kind of the wold first super liberal.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2008, 03:53:50 pm »

You have it backwards.  If you have 6 wisdom, that nonsense about capitalism might actually make sense.  Someone without the curse of wisdom is less likely to be hurt because they can't even begin to understand.

A person who hasn't neccecarily considered the opposite sides of the political argument before (I.E. Low Wisdom) would probably be easier for a debator to confuse and talk around simply because the low wisdom person is in unfamilier waters, while a person who clearly has seen both sides of the spectrum (High Heart AND Wisdom) already knows the strengths and weaknesses of the opposing arguments and rejects them.

Honestly, I would like too see it where Low Wisdom librals under attack by debators are easier to stun (confuse), but harder to turn (they loose less juice), while High Wisdom librals are much harder to confuse through argument but are easier to turn around (they loose more juice). Such a system would add more depth to recruitment choices, and actually might give a player a reason to recruit a libral with both high Heart and Wisdom.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]