Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: unjustified martial trance?  (Read 2503 times)

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
unjustified martial trance?
« on: January 03, 2009, 05:16:59 am »

I'm not sure whether this is a bug or if I'm just missing something, but I have a marksdwarf who keeps going into a trance when he's not being attacked by anyone. I have him patrolling a magma pool that has been blocked off by fortifications until I can get my melee troops trained, and even though the imps haven't poked their heads out once and he hasn't even fired an arrow, he keeps trancing. Can he go into a trance just from seeing them down there, or have I got a bug?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: unjustified martial trance?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 05:41:50 am »

I believe trances occur from the dwarf being targeted by multiple creatures.  It could be that the magma creatures are all targeting him and then realizing they have no path, or something along those lines.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 01:57:03 pm »

Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 09:58:30 pm »

I believe trances occur from the dwarf being targeted by multiple creatures.  It could be that the magma creatures are all targeting him and then realizing they have no path, or something along those lines.

Also since fire imps have a ranged attack, they might not need to path to him at all.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 01:54:21 pm »

So it's a case of 'my spider sense is tingling'.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:54:16 am »

Also since fire imps have a ranged attack, they might not need to path to him at all.

Actually, like GCS, they only do the ranged attack if they can path to the victim.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!