Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: DF awesome construction contest! best site ever inside!  (Read 12011 times)

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF awesome construction contest! best site ever inside!
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2009, 05:31:55 am »

Just bumping this to confirm the precence of adamantine. Finally found it on my rather large embark zone.

Most of the wildlife is now killed off, either due to my champions, or of old age. Goblin sieges have started to appear, and I have a population over 100 on my 6th year. Since I am forced to rebuild quite a lot since I don't wish my dwarves to live in sand it takes quite a while to get the habitation, etc up. So there are many appartments missing so far. The Barons palace on the other hand is finally finished. All the nobles live in a palace, with a noble communal dining room, offices, a throne room etc. The entire palace is also illuminated by Fire snakes in glass jars lining the walls, aswell as windows out towards the chasm. I am currently in the process of reallocating some workshops, 50% of the farming area, so that the craftsdwarves live in houses with their own workshop, in a nice middleclass district, just below the noble district, and the Haulers district is still not done, and military housing is also missing. Lots of masonry required, and all glass encrusted wooden furniture, and windows overlooking the desert below in each and every room (rich dwarves have live fire snakes instead.)

Other than adamantine I have mostly found Garnierite.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2009, 08:30:53 am »

can we get a link to a fort or just the location in the df map archive place?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2009, 06:10:14 pm »

damn this looks like a lot of fun :D
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Quift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2009, 05:07:32 am »

can we get a link to a fort or just the location in the df map archive place?

I havn't built anything worthy of uploading yet. When I have finished my current projects I might make a snapshot before continuing. There are many features I wish to build something of. The Fire Snake powered Lighthouse-Tower at the peak of the mountain, the Huge Glass Observatorium spanning the Opening above the Volcano, a volcano safety drain, a new entrance Bridge of Kazad Dûm entrance through the Chasm, a bridge going from the southern mountain to the Northern one, lined with Watchtowers, fnishing the great Trading hall to awe the puny elves and humans, A shop district, and then I wish to construct an hanging garden style zoo with exotic animals, an Arena etc. This is going to be my masterpiece.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]