Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Do you ever play a game so much...  (Read 13587 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever play a game so much...
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2009, 06:22:32 pm »

Uhh...   Are you in the right thread pal? 

Maybe you're already in space, if you know what I mean.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2009, 06:23:12 pm »

no im not.....sry lol

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2009, 09:09:57 pm »

Yes you are... On the Station 13 :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2009, 09:00:46 am »

I played Godfather II.

I sent someone a message.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2009, 02:49:43 pm »

I played Mabinogi so much I started to see a heads-up interface.

I played Dwarf Fortress so much I started seeing ASCII when I thought about things and plotted out my day.

I played The Sims 2 so much I started thinking in means of motives, wants and fears, not to mention speaking Simlish.

This is why the highly impressionable man-children like myself should not play too much anything. We repeat shit.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2009, 03:00:44 pm »

Yeah. Stuff like that tends to get embedded. And not only from games - just today I was tinkering with my mother's Nokia N95, and spent what must have been a few minutes idly poking my finger at its screen. Then I suddenly realized I was trying to open a menu item... and unlike my PPC, the N95 has no touchscreen. :)

I almost don't experience this effect from games nowadays, mainly because I don't play as much as I used to. I still try to close stuff with the spacebar periodically though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2009, 03:26:23 pm »

This just in: I recently fell down from trying to walk by holding W and pushing my body forward.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2009, 03:31:19 pm »

Report back when you hurt your head after trying to open a door by pushing against it and pressing E.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2009, 03:32:21 pm »

Guilty...
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2009, 03:56:46 pm »

Played Earth Defense Force 2017 so much that I had nightmares of giant ants and spiders. Well, I guess you could call them nightmares. I was decimating them with a rocket launcher, so...

Hammerfall to the extent that I kept trying to build up momentum to do things, or found myself moving an imaginary mouse in circles.

Morrowind for so long that nothing out of the ordinary happened to me at all. Except, I started using a Dunmer curse word. "This is the end of you s-wit!"

MUDs for so long that I find myself hitting the chat key in other games and typing commands...

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2009, 05:25:11 pm »

Sometimes when I go to bed I keep playing a game in my head for a while until I realise, wtf is this achieving?

About the keyboard thing, it's the way most keyboards are manufactured now for capitalism. 2-3 keys is the minimum supportable number for minimum cost. I just researched it 'cause it's been bugging me too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)
keyboards that have n-key rollover seem to be the good ones.

The keyboard from my first computer, a 386, was great. I never noticed a problem. (we used to play mortal kombat, that's at least 6 keys being held down at the same time in some instances.) But ever since, rubbish.

ParkEX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2009, 06:56:46 pm »

I sometimes have this problem. There was a time, though, where I played lots of Burnout 2 for the gamecube. Awesome game, played it non-stop back then, and when I was outside on the street, I remember finding myself trying to pass people so close that I nearly bumbed into them (because you got a boost-bonus when you passed cars coming your way real close).

It's weird, because I kinda did it unintenionally.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2009, 08:50:24 pm »

Moving from Halo to another FPS was annoying, because I kept trying to melee attack the enemies. Now I don't remember what FPS it was but I do remember that the Halo melee button was the same as the grenade button. This resulted in a few team kills. Oops.

And ugh, camera control systems. With the amount of third-person console games out there that you re-adjust the camera by using the right stick, its a nightmare when you come across one where it doesn't do this, or worse it results in doing something which is guaranteed to cause your death.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2009, 09:15:51 pm »

Moving from Halo to another FPS was annoying, because I kept trying to melee attack the enemies. Now I don't remember what FPS it was but I do remember that the Halo melee button was the same as the grenade button. This resulted in a few team kills. Oops.

Reminds me of my first times playing Team Fortress 2. In about every other Source game, E activates something. I'm sure my team didn't much care for my yelling. "Need healing! Need healing!"

I also had the problem above, where what should be the melee button is the grenade button. I can't remember which game it was, either.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]