Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Do you ever play a game so much...  (Read 13589 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever play a game so much...
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2009, 07:40:19 am »

After playing Gears of War 2 for several days, I tried to play Call of Duty and was throwing grenades every time I wanted to reload, was reloading twice, constantly jumping next to low walls.  It completely crippled my ability to play Call of Duty.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2009, 07:43:42 am »

This isn't a video game thing, but a tabulation thing.  I study rulebooks for various reasons, and I strongly think in systems.  I sometimes find myself idly calculating the GURPS stats or Warhammer armylist for people and things.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2009, 07:48:26 am »

After playing Gears of War 2 for several days, I tried to play Call of Duty and was throwing grenades every time I wanted to reload, was reloading twice, constantly jumping next to low walls.  It completely crippled my ability to play Call of Duty.

I sympathize with you Cthulhu. In fact, I personally believe that every game should have custom key settings, to avoid this kind of crap. Any game that doesn't have something so simple gets a big mark down in my book.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 11:41:02 am »

;D
Also, try to remap the keys [use different keys] in an FPS game. You will be completely messed up for a while.  :D

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 01:28:29 pm »

I once used ':D' so much while on the computer in conversations I said D instead of laughing. Took me a while to stop.
I do that too kind of. I think in my mind a kind of puh sound or duh sound where I would put a =p or :D smiley in a conversation.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 02:41:25 pm »

For the keyboard problem: ctrl, alt and shift keys are not counted towards these limitations, and some emulator programs might be compatable with controlers from current gen systems, provided you have certain programs for it. (Someone even wrote a mod that lets you play crisis with a wii-mote).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 04:42:18 pm »

For two days after I played it I was rotating my mouse around on the Bay 12 Games forums, or just moving my hand in circles. It was really crazy.

Look for a game called Rag Doll Kung Fu on Steam.  That coupled with Hammerfall, and your handy will be loopy for years to come.

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 06:32:23 pm »

Some times it doesn't matter what program it is, but if I'm entering text I almost always end my typing with the escape key.

Stupid vim...

And don't get me started on the excessive number of h,j,k, and l's I have to delete from whatever I'm programming in Visual Studio.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 07:03:54 pm »

kept trying to use my morrwind key set up in oblivn

note any one makeing a fps do copy halo,gears of war,unreal,cod watever but let us change the key as wee see fit.
maybe a stande set up for all games is need (note we are 80% of the way there)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 07:09:42 pm »

No, don't copy them.  Make something new and awesome.
Shoes...

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 05:03:13 am »

In Tribes 2, I'm constantly trying to crouch with the Ctrl key. With sometimes bad results. (The game recently became free. I just got it.)
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 05:28:38 pm »

I have had this at least twice recently. The most recent was because of the tabs in IE7 and Opera, which allow you to middle-click on them to close them. After some time I began trying to middle-click-close various other windows and tabs, including WinAmp and Photoshop on several occasions. I was surprised when it worked in Azureus.

The other was caused by Supreme Commander. Those GPG people weren't kidding when they said that after playing, you wouldn't return to any game without strategic zoom. After a month or so of playing it, I've been trying to zoom away in pretty much every game I met, always being disappointed by the imposed limits.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 06:08:31 pm »

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress and DoomRoguelike so much in the past couple weeks that, the other night, I dreamed in Ascii.

At first it wasn't so strange. I was on my bike [I don't own a bike], and decided to follow these people up on a mountain trail ride. First everything was normal. Then it was like a movie rendered in ascii characters. And then, by the time we got to the mountain, everyone was a  :) with little 'o's in front of and behind them. We biked through a Mountain home, turned around, and came back. Freaking weird, man.
!!&!!

lumin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 09:02:03 pm »

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress and DoomRoguelike so much in the past couple weeks that, the other night, I dreamed in Ascii.

At first it wasn't so strange. I was on my bike [I don't own a bike], and decided to follow these people up on a mountain trail ride. First everything was normal. Then it was like a movie rendered in ascii characters. And then, by the time we got to the mountain, everyone was a  :) with little 'o's in front of and behind them. We biked through a Mountain home, turned around, and came back. Freaking weird, man.

Ummm, I don't think seeing everyone as ascii is your biggest problem:

I was on my bike [I don't own a bike]
???

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 10:55:03 pm »

He did say he was dreaming. I've ridden on horses that i don't own in my dreams (damn you shadow of the collosus!).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8