Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Its... spreading

(1/3) > >>

moghopper:
Is it possible for biomes to change WHILE you are playing? Cause the savana i'm on is changing into a swamp. Hordes of bushes and dark green grass is growing where there was only light green grass there before. Its also refilling all the empty ponds that were on my map. They never fill, and it hasn't been raining, WHATS GOING ON?, the grass and swamp is spreading everywhere!

Jim Groovester:
Are you sure it's not raining? Rain will turn dry grass into green grass, and will fill your ponds.

moghopper:

--- Quote from: Jim Groovester on January 07, 2009, 03:00:58 pm ---Are you sure it's not raining? Rain will turn dry grass into green grass, and will fill your ponds.

--- End quote ---

No rain in for most of winter, the stuff is, as the threads title says, "Spreading"

Soralin:
I've harvested all the trees and shrubs over a big chunk of land and it showed up as plains or something after that, when it was forest before, on the map.

moghopper:

--- Quote from: Soralin on January 07, 2009, 03:08:37 pm ---I've harvested all the trees and shrubs over a big chunk of land and it showed up as plains or something after that, when it was forest before, on the map.

--- End quote ---

But this is happening on its OWN, I did nothing to that area.

Whats even wierder is that it is raining now, but only on the swap terrain thats popping up. not a drop anywhere else

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version