Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: SPecial announcement: Elves bringing USEFUL stuff.  (Read 14051 times)

MightyPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPecial announcement: Elves bringing USEFUL stuff.
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009, 06:43:09 am »

several hundred fortresses ago I had elves actually bring a liaison.  (good god I wish I'd kept that save)

I have no idea what combination of stuff led to that, but I was ordering sun berries and grizzly bears by the wagonload.
in times of peace nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blasts of war ring in your ears, then imitate the actions of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 01:40:34 am »

someone needs to mod in a way to smelt all that cloth... into ASH - or is there a non-mod way to do this with clever routing of magma and fire?
I then have something non wood derived to feed to my glassmaking industry, and I get a BIN! woo!
Also, then I don't have to kill all the cannibal hippies. I can sell them whatever armor the goblins leave behind... that isn't covered in blood, or vomit, or entrails or whathaveyou.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2009, 04:11:18 am »

someone needs to mod in a way to smelt all that cloth... into ASH - or is there a non-mod way to do this with clever routing of magma and fire?
I then have something non wood derived to feed to my glassmaking industry, and I get a BIN! woo!
Also, then I don't have to kill all the cannibal hippies. I can sell them whatever armor the goblins leave behind... that isn't covered in blood, or vomit, or entrails or whathaveyou.

actaully, in the latest version, you can sell them that stuff cvoered in blood/vomit, ect.

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2009, 05:07:07 am »

Even with the reactions improvements in the next version, I don't think a 'smelt cloth, any cloth' task is possible. Sure if you want to waste time making individual tasks I guess

The ash in the game is wood ash mind you, I'm not entirely sure the ash from clothes would be of actual use. You could probably make them turn into smoke. Or at least vomit

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2009, 09:22:48 am »

Sun beries are very useful for outdoor forts. Their high drink value negates the lack of a legendary dining room and they can be farmed all year round iirc.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE
Pages: 1 2 [3]