Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Sea kittens  (Read 24062 times)

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sea kittens
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 11:10:28 pm »

From the comments:
...people might start to think that if the SEA kittens are tasty, may as well start eating the LAND kittens.

This bodes well for Life Imitating Dwarf Fortress.

GoreTaco

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually a brain in a jar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2009, 06:12:18 am »

Then crossbows would become the new BFG 9000 and no one would be able to swim.
"Who's John Galt?"

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2009, 06:45:47 am »

Alright, screw it PETA.

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

You decide.

That's the spirit!  ;D
Just be careful...don't try to eat sea kittens, or the PETA agents might start to chase you around with a ☼War Hammer☼.  :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 06:49:14 am by Tormy »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2009, 07:44:07 am »

Alright, screw it PETA.

For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

You decide.

That's the spirit!  ;D
Just be careful...don't try to eat sea kittens, or the PETA agents might start to chase you around with a ☼War Hammer☼.  :P

Ah, but you forget: I'm Portuguese. I eat fish like a poor Japanese fisherman with a religious zeal for the fish Spirits and feel I need to accept all their blessings.

Actually, I want to see how PETA is doing in Japan. Their seafood industry is legendary.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2009, 07:58:00 am »

The lettuce ladies are all malnourished ghouls.  If they were any more distinctly vegan in their appearance, I could probably count their teeth while their mouths were closed.

Also, did anyone else notice the "Broccoli Boy" with a sausage link necklace?

Broccoli is not sausage.  Not even close, PETA.
Shoes...

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 08:29:56 am »

Broccoli is not sausage.  Not even close, PETA.

Both are still delicious when prepared properly, than again everything tastes good with a little bit of mustard. Even mustard.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 11:54:58 am »

The lettuce ladies are all malnourished ghouls.  If they were any more distinctly vegan in their appearance, I could probably count their teeth while their mouths were closed.

Why do these all feel like shops to me? Great ideas for costumes, and they have an absolutely wicked idea for a hentai flash game that they probably won't do, but the whole thing really grates at me. I'm gonna go eat a 376g of Montreal Smoked Pastrami now.
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 12:36:58 pm »

Aww, so the poor misunderstood carp were just trying to adopt my dwarves and they didn't know that dwarves can't breathe underwater. Now I feel bad for draining their river :(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 01:13:50 pm »

Heck, I'd love for this to happen. Millions paid to redo textbooks. Entire national organizations renamed. Convenient acronyms ruined. Kitten meat roasts realized.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2009, 01:24:14 pm »

Yea, the Lettuce Ladies have set vegetarian rights back tens of years.
(For those of you interested in what that means, let me spell it out to you. Meat is not required to build muscle or be a bad-rear ended soldier boy. I spent 4 years in the marine Corps as a Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian. The majority of my protein intake was from vegan sources. I was able to function and thrive on the physical front. On the mental front, I was assaulted daily. I had people put steaks in my food if I got up and walked away. Sometimes I would go two or three days without food while on arduous hikes with gear and quite a bit of activity because someone thought it was funny to screw with my food, and thought that my ideals would break down by them doing such stupid things. Fortunately for them, my ideals and values never broke down, so I kept those corps values that made me a marine. Consider this, Would you call me a "stupid herbivore" for being a vegetarian? Would you call a gay guy a "stupid peter poofer"? What about a black guy a "shoeless savage"? I'll bet the answer to one of those would be a no, and if you did two of them, you might find yourself in a world of hurt. Just the same, people who look like Ethiopian refugees should NOT be the poster boys for Vegans. As for the "sausages", I agree, but I doubt they are meat. Look at the off color of them. Generally a sign of a soy-based source.)
As for PETA, I have always maintained they are both Hypocrites and too doped up for reality. Seriously! Cat Eating is more widespread than they think. PETA members, with their extremist radicalism, will ignore you if you spout their same slogans back to them using sources from the Sweatshop circuit. They walk around with their Chinese-made Goods and think they are morally superior to other people. I believe that People should treat animals Ethically... The problem is, my definition of ethics stops at the level we grant to the Dominant animal... Mankind. If we won't do it for man, why the flaming flamingos would we do it for rover or guppy the tasty sea kitten?

As for those off to eat even more meat in retaliation, man you guys are funny. I pray you aren't Americans, we have way too many steriotypical obese people here. Or, if you are American and must eat it, jog a few miles afterward darnit. Don't let the PETA people beat you just because they inspired you to eat so much meat you are too fat to overpower them. That's what they want... Then they can take over the world! Just say no to letting the PETA be stronger than you!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 01:38:44 pm »

Nah, I just say that to taunt them.

But yes, if you want to avoid meat go ahead. If you can stay healthy, then goodie. No right of mine to decide what you eat(Unless it's human brains, in which I must get my shotgun). And no worries about me being fat, I'm Portuguese! We eat fish and veggies slathered in olive oil, not entire steaks and greased-up fries! Now note this paragraph is in jest, and not in any way hostile.

As long as we can agree the original topic is stupid, we can get along fine.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Decimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2009, 01:48:16 pm »

Eh, I eat entire steaks and greased up fries and I'm not fat. :P
Quote from: Duke 2.0
Urist McMood: Must have... Glass!
 Kogan McHauler: We were able to get a few pieces from some encrusted trinkets. Hopefully, thats al-Oh CRAP we don't have any fuel!
 Urist McMood: That won't be a problem...
 *Starts bending metal with his bare hands*

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2009, 02:02:50 pm »

Eh, I eat entire steaks and greased up fries and I'm not fat. :P
Ahh yes, but if this sea kitten thing makes you eat three times the amount, you might become so, and then PETA will win!
Don't let PETA win. Eat as you normally would.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2009, 02:03:15 pm »

You sick bastard, you ATE Fish Norris! How could you?

If you eat him, you absorb his powers.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2009, 02:23:08 pm »

Kill the fucking bunnies kittens SEA-KITTENS.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19