Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Sea kittens  (Read 24085 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sea kittens
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2013, 06:51:55 pm »

I am just poking my head in here to applaud the art of necromancy and point out that the time elapsed is quite relevant to the comment. The "120 days" message proves that the technology to prevent necroing completely exists and is not employed. So the only questions that remain are: Does P.E.T.A. still compare wild animals to pets? And do D.F. players still do terrible terrible things to pets? If both of the above questions are answered affirmatively, then the debate is still relevant. Even if the debate is not still relevant, if the necromancer finds the debate compelling, then there is little reason not to revive the thread for entertainments purposes...

Now, to get on topic(Shame on you!): If you want to make the world change, perhaps you could make a manifesto, get it peer-reviewed(And make any adjustments that such reviews demonstrate to be necessary.), Gather some enthusiastic supporters, advertise it, effect political change, generate and maintain support groups for it across the world, then support revolutionary change wherever it appears. It worked for capitalism, which is clearly a failure as an economic system...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 15, 2013, 06:42:44 am »

Massive necro. Why would you do this.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:47 am »

Since it's necro-ed anyway...

He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 18, 2013, 05:04:25 pm »

What does the immature form look like?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:06 pm »

Amphibian cat offspring, if the baby names even work. It's a generated creature.

SirHoneyBadger

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware those who would keep knowledge from you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 18, 2013, 08:14:21 pm »

This is important, because it allows sea-hags to become sea-cat-ladies.
For they would be your masters.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: February 20, 2013, 10:10:36 am »

Amphibian cat offspring, if the baby names even work. It's a generated creature.
Baby names should totaly work (unless generated means somthing difrent then simply moded in this case) my thylacines give birth to thylacine pups for example.
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 20, 2013, 02:23:55 pm »

Baby names should totaly work (unless generated means somthing difrent then simply moded in this case) my thylacines give birth to thylacine pups for example.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122780.0

It's a script that mixes random vanilla creatures with variations to create new ones. I haven't tested it properly.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 21, 2013, 11:15:11 am »

Since reading this thread I'll personally (out of amusement) make a Meat Salsa Shaft in all my fortresses from now on just to boot what ever animal down it ( the ones that PETA are talking about at the time the better) for every word of their statement.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 21, 2013, 02:39:30 pm »

Do you realy have that many criters?
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 21, 2013, 02:54:59 pm »

Maybe not, but if you booted primarily egg layers you could very soon HAVE that many critters. Especially cave crocodiles. That's a lot of croc hatchlings.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 22, 2013, 12:58:06 am »

Do you realy have that many criters?

Well new forts anyways. I dont really start out with any animals on embark so I will adjust the raws just to make the critters breed that much more and faster periods of breeding.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]