Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: The Association of Liberal Crime Squads  (Read 10203 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
The Association of Liberal Crime Squads
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:14:31 am »

I had an idea for a new hybrid forum/LCS game.

We all start up a new game, and post the start stuff here.  Then, we decide on rules to govern our game of LCS and this game.

Also, any rule can be changed by the group.

OBJECTIVE:
To have fun, frankly.  But moreso, Liberals value democracy above all else, the will of the people.  So, it only makes sense that the Liberal Crime Squads might subject themselves to some representative organization that they feel represents their peers.  Just not the US Government.  Also, I generally believe the goal of LCS is to stay alive, realizing that doing so will eventually lead to victory.  So, we'll see if the LCS can survive democracy.

BACKSTORY:
Across the country, Liberal groups are rising up to resist the Conservative menace.  Realizing the need for collective guidance, and their individual local nature, they formed the Association of Liberal Crime Squads, to create rules on how Liberal Crime Squads should conduct themselves.  In response, cities are assuming far greater authority then ever before, some being Liberal and some being Conservative.

HOW TO VIEW THINGS:
To simplify the fact that we'll have multiple games featuring multiple Presidents, Judges, etc, assume it all relates to the City Level instead of the National.  Therefore, the President is actually the Mayor, the Judges are of the District Superior Court, etc.  Also, unless the rule state otherwise, assume time is a bit fuzzy, what with the drugs that Liberal Crime Squads typically take.  If you want things a bit more syncronized, propose a rule.

RULES:

We have a few, but need more, along with more players!  Also, I editted the rules, combining some that we agreed on to make the whole be easier to understand.  If anyone feels I may have been too liberal in this task, I'll re-edit.

Current Rules:
1: We all start with a new game.
2: We don't start till we have three people.
3: After new rules are passed, you have to post your squad as being compliant before you can vote or propose rule changes.
4: Everyone starts out in a different city.
5: The voting on individual rule changes ends 24 hours after voting reaches quorum.  Example: We have six players.  Four vote.  The remaining two players have 24 hours to submit their votes.
6: Out of respect to Toady, who probably will never read this, I'd like to propose we give him voting and rule forming rights without a squad.
7: Out of a desire to get to version 3.19 quicker, I'll give the same to Jonathan Fox.
8: I like the idea of change being a liberal virtue and believe we should embrace it in our democratic process.  Therefore, I suggest we agree that in the event of a tie, proposals for change will pass.
9: I think that once change is adopted, it should take a 2/3rds vote to revoke.  I just have so many opportunities for this country!  And I don't want to see us fall back!
10: I hear that various parts of this country might present different challenges to liberal crime squad operations.
10a: Texas is such conservative territory that a large group may not be able to remain hidden.  Therefore, we will send a lone operative to the state who should never recruit liberals for fear of infiltration, and no brainwashing anybody, due to Texan stubborness.  However, the lone operative can recruit one Hippie replacement, should the lone operative go down.
10b: New England springs to mind and the fundraising opportunity of California is supposed to be legendary.  I suggest that squads in these locations should have revenue targets set for various periods of time.  So initially they need 1,000 in the bank at all times from day 1.  After six months, they need 10,000 saved up and can't go below that.  Four years in, they should have saved 50,000 and so on.  This money can't go anywhere, it sits in the lockbox as a promise to future generations.
10c: The resisdents of Detriot Mi are completely desensitized to gun violence.  It won't change their behavior as their eyes glaze over as soon as they see a newspaper story with guns in it.  Therefore, the liberals in that city must use swords!
11: Vanguard organizations (those in traditionally conservative cities) can only spend money if a populist organization (non-vanguard) has ten times as much cash saved for the purchases.  However, Vanguard organizations can spend up to $1000 a month without asking the Popular organizations for approval.  Greater amounts need to be approved and secured by the Popular organizations.
12: Seattle based liberals should only get to use guitars.
13: Baton Rouge is still suffering from the effects of Hurricane Katrina, right? And other hurricanes too? Might be a good idea to have high fundraising programs so as to assist in rebuilding.
14: I'm going to suggest that if a city become sufficently liberalized (say, all laws are L), it becomes promoted from Vanguard to Popular. Its expenses no longer need any more revolutionary bonds.  If a city becomes sufficently conservatizied (say, all laws are C), it becomes demoted from Popular movement to Vanguard. Its expenses must be paid for by the Popular movements.  Also, Ohio will be counted as an Vanguard.
Popular movements can loan to each other, to cover any expenses and prevent bankrupcy. Of course, said loans must be backed by the bonds. (This is merely a way to help cover expenses via bureacractic paperwork, and avoid any embarrasing defaults).

RULE EXAMPLES, NOT REAL SUGGESTIONS!

Rules can vary from being very important to quite minor.  For instance, someone could propose the following rules, and it would be totally legal:
A) All Liberals must have the prefix "Mc" in their codename (example: McLiberal)
B) No Liberals can use .22 pistols, as nobody has ever hear of them before LCS
C) Everyone must congratulate EuchreJack for coming up with this idea
D) Nobody can have a squad headquartered in Washington, DC
E) EuchreJack be awarded $100 in unmarked bills to start up his own backyard version of LCS  ;)

The greatest thing about this game is that it only take three people to run it, and they don't have to be the original people.

We've already started, and we got some rules.  Let's see what we can do!

WARNING: Denver, Colorado has been lost to the conservative swine!  But not forever!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: The Association of Liberal Crime Squads
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 11:33:44 am »

Cool idea, I think I'll join in.

1)I like the idea of change being a liberal virtue and believe we should embrace it in our democratic process.  Therefore, I suggest we agree that in the event of a tie, proposals for change will pass. 

2) I think that once change is adopted, it should take a 2/3rds vote to revoke.  I just have so many opportunities for this country!  And I don't want to see us fall back!

3)I hear that various parts of this country might present different challenges to liberal crime squad operations.  Should the association react accordingly? 

For instance, Texas is such conservative territory that a large group may not be able to remain hidden.  Therefore, we should consider sending a lone operative to the state who will be forced to coerce local inhabitants into aiding the cause but should never recruit liberals for fear of infiltration. 

The inhabitants of some places are allegedly very bitter.  I hear they cling to things like their guns, or religion.  I know that these people are mostly found in small towns which we might safetly ignore because small towns don't matter.  However, is anyone aware of important cities that exhibit this behavoir and which we should send squads to?  Any squads sent to such cities will need to take precautions:
The conservative brainwashing these people have been subjected to makes them fear outsiders and makes it unsafe to coerce them into accepting liberalism as they're behavior would be too unpredicatable.  Recruitment is not advised but the leader of the local crime squad could bring a small team with him and replace any martyrs to the cause.  Use of guitars is impossible, as these people have no appreciation of music.

Some territory is much better for fundraising then most.  New England springs to mind and the fundraising opportunity of California is supposed to be legendary.  I suggest that squads in these locations should have revenue targets set for various periods of time.  They must tax this much income but not spend it on squad equipment, as that money needs to be redistributed.

The resisdents of Detriot Mi are completely desensitized to gun violence.  It won't change their behavior as their eyes glaze over as soon as they see a newspaper story with guns in it.  Therefore, the liberals in that city must use swords!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

cinque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 12:20:23 pm »

United Federated Forces - an actual Symbionese Liberation Army idea!!!

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 12:34:52 pm »

United Independent Liberal Conquistadors. I know the Conquistadors thing doesn't fit, but still, I like the word and it uses a conservative profession to strike terror in the shriveled blackened hearts of conservative pigdogs.

Also, I am so in that it makes my head hurt. My dude of liberality is Liberal McLiberalson, and I'm located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Something Katrina related maybe? If only there were a way to kill conservatives by way of gumbo.

Oh and in adhering to the rules set forth by idea founder: EuchreJack is probably a good sort of a liberal who wields a decent SMG. All hail etc. etc.

Also Seattle based liberals should only get to use guitars.

Another heads up, I'm not exactly fantastic at LCS. I tend to do some dying.
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

I'm interested in this, altough I still have to complete my pacifist run and post pictures.

Here's a suggestion.
1) At all times, each LCS must have a non-brainwashed "Sleeper" (with 1.0 leadership) who will promote Liberalism until he has 50 juice. The main reason for this is simple. If your entire cell gets annhilated or destroyed, this Sleeper will end up becoming the head of the LCS cell and the struggle can continue (and therefore the status for that City can carry over for the next person instead of conducting a reset).

Might make the game too easy though, sleepers are pretty much overpowered.

EDIT: Good news and bad news.
Good news: The LCS is setup in Texas, and will declare compliance with "mainiac".

Bad News: I am using an old, VERY old version of LCS. I think it might very well be today's version. This version is the one where you can get an infinte amount of people by recruiting sweatshop workers. It is also so old that you need $5,000 for the Liberal Guardian HQ.

That old.

I suggest it is a good idea, to reflect the complexities inherent in Libearlizing each City, that it is alright for me to use this Old Version (3.12.2).

EDIT2:
Spoiler: Agent (click to show/hide)

EDIT2: Hm. Another interesting idea.
Baton Rouge is still suffering from the effects of Hurricane Katrina, right? And other hurricanes too? Might be a good idea to have high fundraising programs so as to assist in rebuilding. Of course, you already thought of that.

Wealth-redistribtuion schemes, well, you could just buy trash and throw it away to simulate that. What a shame, I would prefer having a feature where you would throw money to buy popular support, but...

EDIT3:
I've been thinking of, in addition to not recruiting people, not brainwashing anybody either. A one-man job, altough I will need some backup person so as to take over if this guy get killed (so somebody can deal with the state of Texas without needing to reset). How am I supposed to do that without recruitment or brainwashing, hm...?

EDIT4:
I just started playing, due to boredom. Sorry for getting a headstart.

1) I am conducting raids on the Sweatshops to build up juice. I did not recruit any Sweatshop workers, nope, but I did steal stuff and destroy stuff.
--Bought Crowbar
--Plan on buying Sword
2) On Janurary 5th, I gave a speech at the Vegan Co-Op, to rally up Liberals. The goal is to get them to donate money to the LCS.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 04:29:26 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2009, 05:17:30 pm »

Wow, I'm glad to see everyone is so excited about this.  Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to get something up until Tuesday, due to unfair work scheduling (we've GOT to work on that).

Although I've never actually made a screenshot, I was hoping to see and put up a few.

Oh and in adhering to the rules set forth by idea founder: EuchreJack is probably a good sort of a liberal who wields a decent SMG. All hail etc. etc.

Thanks for the complement, but that was just a suggested rule, you don't have to do that yet.  Also, I'm much better with a rifle than I am with practically everything else.  All hail the Revolution!

EDIT:Servant Corps, as we didn't vote on forbidding the Texas LCS from recruiting additional personnel, feel free to recruit at least one backup guy, somebody trained to take over.  I was thinking the same thing before I read more carefully and realized you already took Texas.  By the way, it sounds like fun. :)

Also, resets are ok, we just need to work out the mechanics.

Since we never stated what version needed to be used, have fun with Toady's version. :)

I like the idea of having a non-brainwashed sleeper with 1.0 in leadership, but those type of people are hard to come by.  I prefer to just get a regular schmuck up to Revolutionary status, surrender said schmuck to police, then when Lawyer von Liberali gets the Hero out of a prison sentence, hide the person in a sleezy apartment.  Despite how it sounds, it's easier and quicker real-time.

Maniac, I agree with your first proposed rule, as it's more "liberal".  However, it counterdicts the second rule, so I'd have to vote against it.  Let the majority decide!
Aside from the Texas suicide issue previously mentioned, I love your ideas on differing the Squads based on location.  I was actually hoping the newest release of LCS would feature landmarks, but oh well.

Dumping cash...How about surrendering a liberal to the cops, then hiring the Ace Liberal Attorney for $5000?  Sure, you might get something, but it's certainly more fun than just dumping a AK at a site.  And honestly, you could probably get by most days with the $100 to the sleeper lawyer.

Proposed Rule changes (with original wording):

Maniac:

1) I like the idea of change being a liberal virtue and believe we should embrace it in our democratic process.  Therefore, I suggest we agree that in the event of a tie, proposals for change will pass. 

2) I think that once change is adopted, it should take a 2/3rds vote to revoke.  I just have so many opportunities for this country!  And I don't want to see us fall back!

3)I hear that various parts of this country might present different challenges to liberal crime squad operations.

3a)Texas is such conservative territory that a large group may not be able to remain hidden.  Therefore, we should consider sending a lone operative to the state who will be forced to coerce local inhabitants into aiding the cause but should never recruit liberals for fear of infiltration. (maniac, let me know if you want to reword this, as I currently wouldn't vote for it due to the desire for a safety character.  Servant Corps might feel the same)

3b)Waiting for Maniac to specify a city or cities for no brainwashing, no guitars, and max of seven liberals

3c)New England springs to mind and the fundraising opportunity of California is supposed to be legendary.  I suggest that squads in these locations should have revenue targets set for various periods of time.  So initially they need 1,000 in the bank at all times from day 1.  After six months, they need 10,000 saved up and can't go below that.  Four years in, they should have saved 50,000 and so on.  This money can't go anywhere, it sits in the lockbox as a promise to future generations.

3d)The resisdents of Detriot Mi are completely desensitized to gun violence.  It won't change their behavior as their eyes glaze over as soon as they see a newspaper story with guns in it.  Therefore, the liberals in that city must use swords!

cinque

4)Change name to United Federated Forces - an actual Symbionese Liberation Army idea!!!

viskaslietuvai

5)Change name to United Independent Liberal Conquistadors.

7)Also Seattle based liberals should only get to use guitars.

Servant Corps

7)At all times, each LCS must have a non-brainwashed "Sleeper" (with 1.0 leadership) who will promote Liberalism until he has 50 juice. The main reason for this is simple. If your entire cell gets annhilated or destroyed, this Sleeper will end up becoming the head of the LCS cell and the struggle can continue (and therefore the status for that City can carry over for the next person instead of conducting a reset).

8)I've been thinking of, in addition to not recruiting people, not brainwashing anybody either. A one-man job, altough I will need some backup person so as to take over if this guy get killed (so somebody can deal with the state of Texas without needing to reset).  (EuchreJack suggests we let him recruit one diehard Hippie.)

9)Baton Rouge is still suffering from the effects of Hurricane Katrina, right? And other hurricanes too? Might be a good idea to have high fundraising programs so as to assist in rebuilding. Of course, you already thought of that. (viskaslietuvai also was wondering about this, as that person rules is operating there)

WOW, nine rule suggestions, and it isn't even the end of the first day!  Good job!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 02:14:35 am »

Re: fundraising cities:
My thought was that liberal squads in fundraising area's would need to accumulate the cash rather then spend it on anything.  So initially they need 1,000 in the bank at all times from day 1.  After six months, they need 10,000 saved up and can't go below that.  Four years in, they should have saved 50,000 and so on.  This money can't go anywhere, it sits in the lockbox as a promise to future generations.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 02:24:58 am »

Since I am using an older version where sleepers can't gain juice, it is rather likely that I'm going to use the 'spare Hippie' method. I am going to need to give lots of speeches to hire the Ace Lawyer and that posh apartment.

I'm giving it some thought, and it seems the Texas CCS is going to be a problem. The prohibiton against recruitment would mean that I can't use infinite sweatshop workers to burn the place down, and besides, moltov cocktails aren't allowed in Texas anyway, so it really doesn't matter. Not to mention that the only way you can find the Texas CCS is to kidnap a CCS agent and brainwash them.

To shut down a CCS building, I need to put it into High Alert. That might be hard to do with one guy.

Of course, a better method would be to never activate the Texas CCS by doing too many terror attacks. However...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 10:10:36 am »

You could find the CSS by dating until the conversation turns to their work or capturing, bringing them back to an empty warehouse, getting them to give the location of their hideout and then feeding and watering them until they escape.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 11:45:34 am »

I changed mainiac's suggestion on New England and California.

Mainiac, did you want to bend your suggestions about the Texas LCS, or maybe even make a joint proposal with Servant Corps, who also is suggesting something about Texas.

Servant Corps, I believe combat is different in your version.  Unfortunately, you don't have body armor or the Tactics skill to hide behind.  However, combat in your version is more based on stats than skills, so high Agility, Strength, and Juice can make you superhuman.  If memory serves, the only people with armor are the CCS Bosses, and maybe mercs.  Also, you might want to steal a car, and practice with it early.  Unlike in real Texas, the game your playing doesn't give firearms to Hicks, Hillbillies, etc.  Besides, if you don't pack a gun in Texas, everyone will know your a liberal revolutionary.  I'd consider it a part of your disguise, if that's the route you're taking.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009, 11:55:55 am »

I've been thinking of, in addition to not recruiting people, not brainwashing anybody either. A one-man job, altough I will need some backup person so as to take over if this guy get killed (so somebody can deal with the state of Texas without needing to reset). How am I supposed to do that without recruitment or brainwashing, hm...?

Lawyer McLiberal here  ;), with an update on the cause in Texas:
Seems the proposed rule is only specific to humans.  In the special case of Texas (due to verson Servant Corps is using), animals and genetic mutants can be brainwashed.  So, let loose the Recently Enlightened Liberal Guard Dogs of War!

Seriously, if we can't act like total rule lawyers, we'll never survive this new bureracracy.  ;D

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2009, 12:24:34 pm »

Sig'd! 

I think Servant Corps might be a little ambitious in Texas but I like what he's doing looks good so kudo's to him there.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 01:17:54 pm »

Insight into a Revolution: My Traumatic Childhood

The day I was born in 1984, the Nobel Peace Prize went to Desmond Tutu for opposition to apartheid.  My parents named me John Griffith.

When I was bad, my father lectured me endlessly, trying to make me think like him.

In elementary school, I was mischevious, and always up to something.

When I turned 10, my parents divorced.  Violently.

In junior high school, I was obsessed with swords, and started lifting weights.

Things were getting really bad when I stole my first car.  I got a few blocks before I totalled it.

Well, I knew it had reached a crescendo when my stepmom shot her ex-husband, my dad, with a shotgun.  She got off.

I was only 15 when I ran away, and I got a horrible job working fast food, smiling as people fed the man.

Life went on.  On my 18th birthday, I bought myself an assault rifle.

For the past few years, I've been surviving alone, just like anyone.  But we can't go on like this.

I live in Hartford, Ct, and it's about to experience real change.

You can call me...EuchreJack
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is the status of the Squad as of January 30th, 2007
The squad is full.                                Squad: The Liberal Crime Squad
----CODE NAME------------SKILL---HEALTH-----------PROFESSION--------------------
A - EuchreJack           22      Liberal          Highschool Dropout
B - Guy Boggs             7       Liberal          Mathematician            SQUAD
C - Justin Africa          7       Liberal          Janitor                      SQUAD
D - Charles Smith        3       Liberal          Telemarketer             SQUAD
E - Vithara Parker        6       Liberal          Teacher                    SQUAD
F - Alexander Keitel      3       Liberal          College Student         SQUAD
G - Tetsuo Yamaguchi   3       Liberal          College Student         SQUAD

Active Liberals
----CODE NAME------------SKILL---HEALTH---LOCATION-------SQUAD / ACTIVITY-------
A - EuchreJack           22      Liberal  Shelter        Soliciting Donations
B - Guy Boggs             7       Liberal  Shelter        Selling Music
C - Justin Africa           7       Liberal  Shelter        Soliciting Donations
D - Charles Smith        3       Liberal  Shelter        Soliciting Donations
E - Vithara Parker        6       Liberal  Shelter        Soliciting Donations
F - Alexander Keitel      3       Liberal  Shelter        Soliciting Donations
G - Tetsuo Yamaguchi   3       Liberal  Shelter        Soliciting Donations

Homeless Shelter, Jan. 30, 2007               Acting Individually  Money: $1572
#-CODE NAME------------SKILL---WEAPON---------ARMOR----------HEALTH---TRANSPORT-
1 Guy Boggs            7/0     None           Clothes        Liberal  On Foot
2 Justin Africa          7/0     None           Clothes        Liberal  On Foot
3 Charles Smith        3/0     None           Clothes        Liberal  On Foot
4 Vithara Parker       6/0     None           Clothes        Liberal  On Foot
5 Alexander Keitel     3/0     None           Clothes        Liberal  On Foot
6 Tetsuo Yamaguchi  3/0     None           Clothes        Liberal  On Foot
----------------------------------------TAB - Next Squad---Z - Next Location----

Fundraising Chair of the Association of Liberal Crime Squads

--- ACTIVISM ---                         --- PLANNING ---
 F - Go forth to stop EVIL              E - Equipment      V - Vehicles
 C - Cancel this Squad's Departure      R - Review Liberals and Form Squads
 A - Activate Liberals   B - Sleepers   L - The Status of the Liberal Agenda
 P - PATRIOTISM: fly a flag here ($20)  S - FREE SPEECH: the Liberal Slogan
 W - Wait a day                         X - Live to fight EVIL another day

Profile of a Liberal

Code name: EuchreJack, Activist (Highschool Dropout)
Born October 16, 1984 (Age 22)
Heart: 11                      SKILL            NOW   MAX   Head:      Liberal
Intelligence: 5                Persuasion:    6.00  7.00  Body:      Liberal
Wisdom: 1                     Security:       2.48  7.00  Right Arm: Liberal
Health: 9                       First Aid:       2.05  5.00  Left Arm:  Liberal
Agility: 9                       Sword:          2.00  9.00  Right Leg: Liberal
Strength: 7     Juice: 21   Shotgun:       2.00  9.00  Left Leg:  Liberal
Charisma: 7     Next:  50  Business:       2.00  3.00
                                   Street Sense: 2.00  5.00
Weapon: None                Martial Arts:  1.00  8.00
Clothes: Clothes            Psychology:    1.00  8.00
Transport: On Foot          Disguise:      1.00  7.00
                                  Driving:       1.00  9.00
6 Recruits                    Seduction:     0.41  7.00
6 Max                          Stealth:       0.13  9.00
                                 Leadership:    0.06  1.00

Press N to change this Liberal's Code Name    LEFT/RIGHT - View Others
Press any other key to continue the Struggle    UP/DOWN  - More Info

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009, 02:59:03 pm »

Thought of how to change the fundraising concept to make this more of a team activity:

Revolution in hostile terrain is difficult and fundraising is always a major concern.  Therefore, while liberals in dangerous locals will need to supplement their funds with local activities, the LCS will attempt to redistribute the wealth, by transfering funds from more liberal areas to less liberal ones.  But we need to keep in mind that conservative oppression makes operations much more expensive then in liberal territory.  Therefore: new budgetary guidelines are suggested:

Liberal movements in conservative territory will be called "Vanguard" and in liberal territory will be called "Popular."  Popular movements should establish comunique with vanguard movement for fundraising support.  However, transfer of funds is dangerous and not to be risked.  So popular movements will keep all fundraising for vanguard movements in their local lockbox at all times, under sacred liberal oath not to touch it and keep it safe from the forces of conservatism.  Vanguard movements will then make pay for all local purchases in two ways, they must make a down payment in local conservative currency so as to overcome conservative prejudice.  But secondly, all vanguard purchases are to be supplemented by "Revolution Bonds."  These bonds will supplement the conservative currency resources of the Vanguard and lower the cost of down payments to the same price as full payments in liberal territory.

However, (this is where the co-operation enters in) liberalism is well aware of the need for security behind any bond, as we have been for a long time.  Therefore, all Revolution Bonds used by Vanguard movements will need to be backed by the funds kept in a lockbox by a Popular movement.  These bonds are to be paid after the success of the movement, but must be completely secure to win the confidence of local populations in conservative territory. Therefore:

Any purchase made by a Vanguard movement must first be "backed" by a lockbox deposit of a Popular movement.  A lockbox deposit may only ever back a single purchase and must remain in the lockbox until the success of the revolution, never backing a second purchase as that would devalue the first.  The lockbox deposit must be made prior to the purchase it is backing.
To insure the security of Revolution Bonds while granting the ability of Vanguard movements to pay for supplies, it is recommended that Lockbox deposits backing a purchase are 10 times as high as the conservative currency used as down payment.  This number is naturally open to debate and may vary, as for instance the wealth of California may make it's fundraising more effective allowing for a lower ratio for bonds it backs or the conservatism of Utah might make it operations more expensive, requiring a higher ratio for bonds backing purchases in that state.

A Popular movement may fund several different Vanguard movements throughout the country but must back each bond separately.  For instance if the squad in Hartford had 100,000 in lockbox deposits and had backed $5,000 in purchases in Texas, the squad would be able to back $5,000 of future purchases among Texas or Arkansaw or other Vanguard cities.  Vanguard movements are asked to keep Popular movements aware of their fundraising requests and bonds issued to date and Popular movements are asked to keep us informed of current ability to back future bonds, affirm or deny requests for funding and weigh the needs of different Vanguards.

Interest on funds deposited in a lockbox will be dedicated towards appreciating the value of the Revolution Bonds they back, thus we will not need to worry about Revolution Bonds maturing until after the success of the revolution.

Food purchases and apartment rentals should be backed in revolution bonds in my opinion, but this might involve too much coordination, so the backing of food and rent by revolution bonds is suggested as a separate resolution.

My squads motto is gonna be: "Have a revolution, just budget for it."
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009, 04:08:32 pm »

Alright, so you're stating that 'Liberal cities' squads have to store some extra money depending on how much the 'Conservative cities' purchase, while 'Conservative cities' squads do not, right?

Do we need to budget for the the higher prices one have to pay in Conservative cities, like, say, 20%?

All I bought right now is a Crowbar, $20. 20% of that is $2, so right now, Liberal cities have to raise a total of $20, alltogether, correct?

I think I may need to state one cavet:
Cavet A) I might be inactive a little bit because I do need to focus on the LCS mods, including citizens' groups, diplomacy, other organizations, and politicans

EDIT 1: Yeah. I'm an idiot.

Okay, so I tried to steal a car, and I failed. The result
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I gave up, used a court attoreny, was found guilty, sentenced to 21 months in prison, and I got out in December 1st, 2009. By this time, most laws are M, privacy and industry regulations are C, the City's Seceratary of State and City's Attorney General are C+. Luckily, the City Courts stayed the same.

Hmph. I'm not going to steal a car, not yet anyway.

EDIT2: Gave a speech on December 1st 2009, after I got out of prison.

EDIT3: On December 7th, in Sugarland, this Liberal is deployed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Get her to 100 juice, get her arrested, and then she'll be sitting pretty as a replacement.

EDIT4: Daisho bought, at $250. Trenchcoat bought, at $70. I'll calcaute 20% surtax later.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:41:28 pm by Servant Corps »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5