Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: The Association of Liberal Crime Squads  (Read 10195 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: The Association of Liberal Crime Squads
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 06:48:05 pm »

So, I was in my the business department office the other day, chatting with the guy at the front desk, when this worried looking asian chick comes in and starts unloading her concerns on one of the advisers.  It had started with a "guerilla marketing" campaign on her internship, she was fine with plastering slogans round town but got worried when told to run if any cops showed up.  Things looked up though, she was pleased to be promoted to first "activist" and then "threat" and was told she'd have new duties now.  However, these duties turned out to be first "training" by attending a local strip club then infiltrating the "site" of a rival corporation and "retrieving" documents.  Things rapidly spiraled out of control after that.  A "supply run" downtown ended up in them setting fire to the city courthouse with molotov cocktails.  Another "raid" went horribly wrong as her fellow intern was shot by the police and her boss ended up stabbing a police officer with a sword and then screaming at the intern to load the unconcious cop into the van for "conversion."  She helped unload the prisoner into the back of her worksite "Bump Manpower" and was shocked to see the spartan backroom, chains, a bucket, a chair and a lone incandescent bulb swinging, unshaded from the ceiling.  Her boss chained the police officer to the chair and instructed the intern to "get started on roughin' 'em up for us." but changed his mind and told her to follow him into the "armory" where a MP5 was thrust into her hands and she was told.  "Get ready to use it, the cops are gonna siege us pretty soon.  Army won't be far behind."

Realizing how far things had come now, the intern had slipped away and frantically fled back to college to ask the express the concern she had been feeling for weeks: "Do I get college credit hours for these types of activities?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 07:22:11 pm »

Yes. ;)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »

My belief is that the Texas thing will cost more than other Vanguard. The reason being is that you can't hire any sleeper lawyers, meaning you're going to need to pay $5,000 for the Ace Lawyers. Other Vanguards can easily minimize costs by having an extensive Sleeper network promote liberalism while writing angry letters.

Um, is it okay to consider the me using the "Ace Lawyer" pre-approved?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 10:28:29 pm »

You could train your lone operative in legal skill.  That would be cheaper for you and for us.  But it seems only three people joined this, so Texas is the ONLY Vanguard movement out there.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 11:39:34 pm »

My lone operative have legal skill (which I only noticed after I choosen the court attorney). But the replacement does not have any legal skill or persuasion skill. If I turn in the replacement (since we have to clear his sheet before I can plop him in an apartment), well...he might be sleeping in prison. Are you sure you want to take the chance?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 11:41:06 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 12:00:05 am »

As long as the replacement only commits minor offenses, and the laws aren't too conservative, the wait in jail might not be such a penalty.  Just don't die until the replacement is released.

However, I don't know the full extent of your version, so please enlighten us about any unknown features that might influence our decision.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 12:38:13 am »

((I forgot to save when I exited after January, so sadly Marty disappeared.  So I repeated the raid until I found another vet, this one named Lisa.  Farewell Marty, we hardly new ye.

After that I started playing normally, when what some events happened in a sequence that seemed cool to me.  Naturally, I had to flesh out a story for it but I don't have time to finish it right now.  But it's got like, spies and stuff and I think it'll be cool.  I swear, I won't make a habit of ridiculously fleshing stuff out this much in the future.))

Febuary 9th: been recovering and talking to the people I inspired with the talk about HMO's.  Some gratitude money is flowing in.  Recruited a college student who shows potential.  Welcome to the squad, Sharon.  Also, we got another programmer on the line, welcome Lisa Hanneman, or as we're affectionately calling her "Simpson"  With Simpson on board, website harassment was much more successful.  I started lending a hand, then Ariel offered to lend his computer knowledge.  Ariel is like 40 years old and erm, a man, a man named Ariel.  Just don't ask him why he loves San Fransisco...
Acceptance is a liberal virtue.

Anyway, Adrienne has come to understand why we fight.  She has agreed to lend he expertice to our cause and has decided on a few "practice runs" for the LCS to learn the tricks of the trade.

----
Adrienne doesn't like what she sees.  She's assigned us "night school" while she went to scope out locations.

... that went real bad.  Adrienne crossed paths with a reporter from the local branch of Faux News.  Apparently, the reporter knew that Adrienne was associated with the LCS, must have been doing a report on us or something.  Adrianne got shot three times but stumbled away from the scene.  Wierd thing was, the first shot was in her arm.  I need to get like, special body armor for the arms or something.  This is getting out of hand.  Adrienne is gonna be out of commision for a while.

Training continues for the others, but with Adrienne out of commision, I can't join in.  We've come up with a new heist that should turn things around...

((Here is the start of the chain of events I found interesting.))

I headed out towards the late place downtown.  Adrienne says there's a fashion designer I need to meet, Bonita Purcell.  She's straight and narrow, but her brother was supposed to be a great disguise maker and forger before he "disappeared" a few years back.

Adriene had given me a vague description but I couldn't tell Bonita from any of the other fashion designers in the place.  Donned out in fashions that seemed bizarre, faces made of plastic; they might as well be nothing but a "fashion designer" label above their heads for all I could tell them apart.  Well, I should start somewhere... I approached a woman.
"Do you want to hear something disturbing?"
"I'll tell you what's disturbing!  They're trying to shut down my clothing line!" she snapped back.  "They're whining about sweatshops!  How else will the clothes get made?  They'll completely ruin the spring fashion season over a few children half a world away!"
I stared agast at this womans disgusting, brazan display of conservatism.  I was shocked no one else seemed to mind.  But as I continued my inquiry's I discovered to my horror that I had stumbled upon the most conservative fashion designers on the planet.  Conservative after conservative without a liberal to be found anywhere!  Adriene had to be wrong about this time and place, Bonita certainly wasn't to be found here!
Disgusted by such a cesspool of conservatism, I stumbled towards the door.  I made it about halfway before I collided with a man who'd been standing still admist all the hustle and bustle of the shop.
"Oh, sorry!" he quickly appologized as he offered a napkin for my drink, which had spilled in the collision.
"Whoa, it's okay." I passed it off, "I didn't see you.  You were-" there was an awkward silence as neither of us finished that sentence.  He didn't volunteer an answer and it took me a moment to recall what he'd been doing.  Then I noticed the woman who had just walked by.
"What, you were watching her?"  I sized up the object of his attention with a grin.  Another of the fashion harpies, about 45 and vaguely latina.  I hadn't noticed her before in my search for Bonita... wait, 45, latina.  Crap, that was Bonita right there!
"No, no, just looking the other way." he insisted, he saw my slight puzzlement "What?"
 "Nah, it's just..." my sentence trailed off as I thought 'just that you were watching her, so why deny it?  What is Bonita caught up in that she's being tailed?'
"Just..." he prompted when I didn't finish the sentence.
"Just, in that case I wanna tell you I'm new in town.  Could you give me directions to your apartment?" I gave my most demure smile an batted my eyes.  Then I innocently brushed my shirt where he'd spilled my drink all over it.  He was good.  He didn't look at Bonita at all as she walked away from his watchful eye, nothing to tip me off he had been watching her.  But I saw the hesitation, knew it was killing him to let her out of his sight.  But he was good enough not to let it show and answered in a sultry tone.
"But if we use a hotel, you won't get shot by an angry spouse tonight."
I laughed at his quick wit and leaned in against him as he went on, "Let's make some plans for tonight."
"I can hardly wait." I grinned before leaning in for a sudden kiss...  It caught him off guard and I remembered what Adriane had taught me, pulling it off perfectly.  I broke off the kiss and smiled while beaming up at him.  "You got a cell number?"  No doubt he'd give me a fake, but he'd want to call the number I gave him.  His wallet was in my back pocket after all...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 12:40:06 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 10:09:30 am »

I swear, I won't make a habit of ridiculously fleshing stuff out this much in the future.

But...but...I like it when you ridiclously flesh out stuff...

EDIT: Expect my organization to become the Liberal Mafia.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 12:43:31 pm »

Oh, in that case I might make a habit of it.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:51 pm »

New rule proposal: Mainiac must flesh out the campaign to ridiculous level.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 12:59:38 am »

I answered my cell before the first ring even finished, eager to hear the news.
"Hey, Kim, call me a genuis!"
"Alright, Simpson, you're a genuis.  Why?  What you got?"
"Get over here and I'll show you."
I switched off the cellphone and hurried to the public library where Simpson was doing her snooping up on my new friend in black.  I saw her favorite booth in the back was occupied and hurried up to her.
"So... I started by looking this guys history up.  Born in north Cali, went to school in north Cali, works there, probably gonna die there.  Here's all the docs."
I peered at the records, not quite getting it.
"Yeah, okay..."
"They did a good job making it look like all this stuff's been in the system forever.  It looks like he's got 44 years of life history recorded.  But they missed something.  The courthouse has school records a bussiness permit dating back more then 20 years.  The time stamps confirm it..." Simpson grinned, enjoying my confusion.
"So..."
"The court house started keeping electronic records 18 years ago.  Mr. West's records were apparently put in 2 years before the system came online.  Damn fine job of fakery.  But it's fakery, it's got to be.  Sure sounds like a secret agent sort of thing to me."
"Huh..." intruiged I leaned in to see my new friends fake life story.  "So this is what tipped you off?" I asked Simpson to clarify.
"Yeah, just compare that to this here.  Look as much as you want but don't mess anything up.  I'm going to get some more coffee across the street."
Simpson departed and left me to peering through the documents, piecing together Mr. West's fake journey of life.  Going by what was here, he'd never even left the country.  It could be a lie, but what if it wasn't.  Who was he spying on without going abroad?  Well... there was Bonita for one.  I pondered that for a bit, then decided to quickly check my e-mail.  I'd only begun to move my hand towards the mouse when my phone rang.
"Hey, babe.  Sorry I'm running late.  I'll be there soon."  Ah, my new friend had finally decided to play.
"Running late?  You stood me up!" I didn't bother trying to hide my disbelief.
"Bussiness ran late.  But I'll make it up to you.  Fine dining, private film screening, the works.  Where can I pick you up?" He sounded genuine and I was almost tempted to lead him on all evening.  Almost.
"Now, now, Mr. West.  My parents taught me not share secrets with strangers who are spies.  Besides, I'm more the rainbow cafe type."
"Spies?  What are you talking about?"
"Hey, now, I shared a secret, now it's your turn.  Why were you tailling that woman in the coffee shop?"
"Huh, Martine?  Just a friend."
"Wrong.  A spy and a liar to boot." I leaned back in the chair and grinned into the phone.  "Why were you tailing her?"
"Look, Bonita is an ex.  I didn't think she'd be there and was worried things could get awkward.  Alrgiht?"
"Strike two.  Bonita goes there every day."
"Look, Kimberly.  How about you tell me why the hell you care?"
"Kimberly?  No one's called me that since-"
"College."

A shiver ran down my spine as every muscle in my body froze.  There was a gun muzzle against the back of my head.  I hadn't even heard the bastard walk in.

"You had a real wild time in college, eh Kimberly?  Kimberly!" the spy pushed the gun against my head harder until I made eye contact.  Then he took the wallet I had stole from my unresisting fingers and went on.  "All the parties... the boys, the girls, the drugs, the riots you kept instigating when you got pissed off.  You think you're quite the little hero don't you 'Gibby the Fox'?  Normally, I'd ignore a little nuisance like you," the spy yanked the computer power cord from the outlet and the screen went black.  "But you, you just didn't know when to mind your own damn business."

((This seems like a nice place for a break.))
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 02:56:41 pm »

Well, I decided I wanted to try out a victory via sleepers, so I founded the Colorado Liberal Crime Squad.  Now, Denver might count as Vanguard, so that's how I've been playing it.  Funny thing, it turns out the hardest sleeper to get is at the CEO Residence.

Here's what I got so far, let me know where I need to get people.  The goal is to expand the sleeper network, so I don't need to recruit anybody else with the main LCS.
Quote from: LCS Colorado Edition
Activate Sleeper Agents                                            Money: $11509
----CODE NAME------------JOB--------------SITE-----------ACTIVITY---------------
A - Sharon Ames          Janitor          Police Station Laying Low
      Infiltration Level:   --*---   Respected
B - Mayumi Godwin        Janitor          Court House    Laying Low
C - Robert Ross          Janitor          News Station   Laying Low
D - Douglas Patterson    Janitor          Radio Station  Laying Low
E - Angel Lewis          Janitor          Genetics Lab   Laying Low
F - Woody White          Janitor          Cosmetics Lab  Laying Low
      Infiltration Level:   -*----   Ineffective
G - Charles Decker       Janitor          NPower Plant   Laying Low
H - Barbara Youngblood   Janitor          Int. HQ        Laying Low
I - Bonnie Bolger        Janitor          Corp. HQ       Laying Low

Activate Sleeper Agents                                           Money: $11509
----CODE NAME------------JOB--------------SITE-----------ACTIVITY---------------
A - Jenny Hatcher        Prostitute       U-District     Laying Low
B - Judy Stone           Secretary        CEO House      Laying Low
      Infiltration Level:   *-----   Known Liberal
C - Douglas Melendez     Journalist       Downtown       Laying Low
D - Marty Black          Author           Downtown       Laying Low

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 04:04:57 pm »

You have more than enough already. Court House and Cable News are sufficient to win via sleepers... Cable News alone should probably actually work, for that matter. If you want to grab anyone else, I'd strongly advise focusing on TV/Radio and Court House. I'd also recommend against having your U-District and Downtown sleepers expand their networks, unless you're really keen on having thief and transient sleepers cluttering your sleeper rosters...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:30 pm »

Thanks, although things have changed a little since I last posted.  But, I still have the Cable News and a better Court House sleeper.

My founder died, her replacement is in jail for 402 months, leaving only an Enlightened footsoldier guarding the Homeless Shelter.  So, I'll probably transfer the U-District and Downtown sleepers to the active squad.  Especially if the CCS arrives, as I've done a few criminal acts.

Maybe I'll showcase the Colorado Efforts to date in a little bit.

Good news: I haven't spent a penny!  Should I actually win with these guys, Texas will be able to afford the Ace Liberal Attorney twice!

EDIT: Turns out I collected 8 pages of screenshots and comments.

viskaslietuvai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 05:16:31 pm »

Incidentally I do want to still get in on this but I was sidetracked by the start of the new semester (Woohoo 1 hour commute each direction four days a week!) and also convincing myself that I'ma gonna learn to program myself a game with only the most basic knowledge of programming, ayup ayup ayup.

So I started my squad, slogan is "I kill ya wid a gumbo!" It's Jan. 12 2007 and I'm not entirely sure what the system is on payments and whatnot. I wanted to buy a crowbar for my nude sweatshop martyr but, I just don't know if that requires some kinda go ahead or what? I have 870 so maybe i can just keep some of that aside?

Also just a refresher, I'm in Baton Rouge. I'm thinking of currently targeting police given the relatively recent police shooting in N'awlins. I mean that's kinda close.

Recruits at present are one liberal pollster set to train up to decent computer skills, one Tailor and one previously mentioned martyr. And myself. Liberal McLiberalson
The open way's too dangerous / Listen close they're watching us
One more time you're losing us / Hold still they're shooting us
First wave down / I wonder when they're coming back
First wave intact
-Secret Machines- First Wave Intact
Gobbo Invasion Song!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5