Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?  (Read 19168 times)

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?
« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2009, 01:59:34 am »

Hey, I leave this for a couple weeks and you guys have already picked out a date and location!  I love this board.

Anyway, May 9 and Red Robin in Silverdale work for me just fine, but I just wonder if we mightn't stay in the Seattle area, close to the train and bus stations, for people who don't have transportation.  Silverdale is a good 45 mins - 1 hour drive out of town, counting ferry travel.  If we end up meeting there, I think we should organize carpools / ferry teams to take people from seattle earlier in the day.

And if anybody knows some good parks or hikes out near there, it might be fun to spend the day on a little excursion before the meetup.

Once we have a confirmed date and location, I'm going to make a new thread.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:01:42 am by TurnpikeLad »
Adon * Amil * Orethan

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2009, 03:14:40 am »

Yeah, if people were thinking of Silverdale just out of consideration for us, that's not necessary.  Seattle is fine.  It even has a Red Robin or two too, I think, he he he.  It is generally easier to travel to and from Seattle to be sure.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Washii

• Bay Watcher
  • Schwa?
    • View Profile
    • WashiiPonderings
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2009, 12:08:51 pm »

Maybe we should just go the extra half-way and meet on a State Ferry. That'll tick the State Patrol off!

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2009, 12:55:57 pm »

Maybe we should just go the extra half-way and meet on a State Ferry. That'll tick the State Patrol off!

lol how funny would that be.

May 9th works for me!  I'm so excited now that there's a date picked!

It's so soooon too!  I'm excited. :P

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2009, 02:27:59 pm »

May 9 is good for me. Though I am not at all sure about Silverdale. Getting a bus from the Ferry to there would be tricky.

Anyway, if you guys end up in Seattle drop me a pM.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 13, 2009, 04:57:36 pm »

I'm willing to grab a few people and toss them in the trunk of my convertible for transportation across the ferry :)
That is, assuming you all promise to jump out and yell boo if the state patrol guys search the car...

Seriously though, I have no clue about what is in this area, but you all seem to think its a big deal to not go to Silverdale, which seems to be an easy trip to me, looking at coming to it from the south via Tacoma. If it is that big of a production though, maybe we should have a different location. Let's get you guys who live in that area to pick a place that is:
1) Free.
2) Indoorsish.
3) Close to cheap food.
4) A place that isn't going to get us all in trouble for our crazy antics.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2009, 03:16:02 am »

There is a Red Robin right by the ferry docks in Seattle (less then a block away on the water front). i'm pretty sure they'd be able to accommodate us. Not to mention there are several other cheap food stands sprinkled about that area of town.

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2009, 11:39:30 am »

Considering I live in NY and would need to take an excessivly long drive (or airplane ride, whee.. urk). It would be very unlikely that I would be able to attend. Much like our European cousins.

Best of luck though, I hope you gents (and ladies. I know we have a few on the boards) have a good time.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

madpraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2009, 05:33:48 am »

Ug..I'm a lazy ass..I post none at all, enjoy reading the exploits of people way smarter then me in DF and live near portland.  I've been thinking about driving up to the toad hut and dropping off some beer since I'm rather too broke to donate and this would give me an excuse to get up there. ;)
Oh ya..point...I need a point! If anyone desires a lift up there, I'd be more then glad to shove some people in my cherokee. I could fit 3 comfo..well..mostly comfortabley if they aren't to large/tall..4 in a pinch if people don't mind squishing cheeks on the bench seat :D
Though...someone would have to keep me updated via email or something on when and where, I'm rather absent minded and have a tendency to wander off towards shin......

*edit* Snort...chuckle chuckle..3 hour drive..BWAHAHA....er..hrm..I think google maps doesn't take into account that everyone on the interstate drive faster then the speed limit...Needless to say, we don't need no stinkin ferries since I'd be going up through tacoma, and the offer of a ride stretches to anyone somewhat along the I-5 corrider.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 05:59:21 am by madpraxis »

thobal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2009, 02:05:42 am »

anyone up for a road trip from florida?
Signature goes here.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2009, 05:09:35 am »

Just do not do any cosplay, ok?

Altrough - it could be amusing seeing bunch of long bearded people running naked in different socks.
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

madpraxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2009, 07:01:30 am »

Wait..so I should NOT shave then...I'm getting rather beardy..I guess I could not shave till then and eat a lot of carb's in the vain attempt to gain lots of weight. Oh ya, and somebody would have to lop me legs off from the knees down..THEN we can do dorf cos-play! ....wait..does this mean I'd have to skin all the neighborhood cats to make an appropriate *cat skin hood* and other appropriate apparel?

*edit* See..I keep forgetting things..I don't really live IN portland..I live..sorta near it..like...30 miles east on the north side of the gorge....I live at the exit of a giant windtunnel, that may explain my lack of coherent thoughts..stupid wind...
Oh ya, the point again : If you live even somewhat near portland or vancouver I'd be willing to drive to your place and get you and then start heading north. And on a more serious help me kill myself slowly note, if any canadians are coming down, you guys need to contact me..I NEED CANADIAN SMOKES and I'll happily reimburse you for them ;)

*oh look, another edit! I can't tell distances it seems...its more like 20 miles...it just seems longer since I drove through a lot of traffic today...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 07:26:17 am by madpraxis »

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2009, 11:37:15 am »

So there are no objections to May 9th yet?

It's ever-approached.  I'm so stoked for it. >.<

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2009, 04:17:00 pm »

Just do not do any cosplay, ok?

Altrough - it could be amusing seeing bunch of long bearded people running naked in different socks.

Last year all the cosplay I did was to hang a badge holder around my neck with a piece of graph paper on which I'd penned [SEMIMEGABEAST].
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2009, 04:55:40 pm »

I haven't seen any negatives on May 9th yet, so it seems like May 9th it is.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14