Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?  (Read 19116 times)

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?
« Reply #165 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:52 pm »

I haven't seen any negatives on May 9th yet, so it seems like May 9th it is.

Terrific; that happens to be the 9th anniversary of me starting to use "Alfador" as an online handle. (Yes, I keep track of that. I'm sorry. ::) )
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2009, 12:38:18 am »

I'm interested to hear if anyone will get drunk and start trying to sing "Copacabana" or anything like that.

sev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2009, 10:56:54 pm »

Count me in, if we're in Seattle & not out in Silverdale.  I live in the city, a short bus ride (or somewhat longer walk) from downtown Seattle. :)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2009, 11:19:37 pm »

Man it sucks to be 16 and broke. Oh well, there's always 2011! Or maybe 2010, but most likely 2011.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

sev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2009, 01:29:30 am »

Man it sucks to be 16 and broke. Oh well, there's always 2011! Or maybe 2010, but most likely 2011.

Hey, you certainly won't be 16 anymore by then. ;)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2009, 10:31:29 am »

Count me in, if we're in Seattle & not out in Silverdale.  I live in the city, a short bus ride (or somewhat longer walk) from downtown Seattle. :)
If it is in Silverdale and you have a ride, will you have trouble then?
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2009, 02:10:18 pm »

Is there anybody who needs it to be in Silverdale and not Seattle?  It's really not a problem for us to go to Seattle.  There have been at least two people so far that have said they wouldn't be able to make it to Silverdale.  I don't see why we have to coordinate a trip out into the wasteland here when it seems way easier for people to go to the state hub.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 26, 2009, 10:06:01 pm »

Is there anybody who needs it to be in Silverdale and not Seattle?  It's really not a problem for us to go to Seattle.  There have been at least two people so far that have said they wouldn't be able to make it to Silverdale.  I don't see why we have to coordinate a trip out into the wasteland here when it seems way easier for people to go to the state hub.

It is harder to follow you home if we have to travel further... Wait, I didn't mean to say that...

Seriously though, Most of the reason I think it is good is because Silverdale is small and therefore easy to give directions about when compared to a bigger place. I don't think anyone actually "needs" it though. Just some of us are coming from further than Seattle, and have no problem picking a few transients up before the extra few miles, as well as taking them back. If it is better to do it in Seattle, I have no complaints, let's just get a firm destination in mind here. Something not too expensive.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2009, 02:55:31 pm »

This sounds truly epic, but too far away. Until I'm done constructing my massive personal propulsion device (powered by magma, of course), I'll have to sit out.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2009, 03:23:00 pm »

HUMANS!

I am driving down in a minivan with a total of 7 seats, one of which will be occupied by me and the other probably by my girlfriend. This leaves 5 seats for driving people out to whatever Terrifying embark location you may decide upon.

Also as far as food is concerned I cast my vote for sushi or ethiopian food because burgers are the -cat tallow biscuits- of the real world.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »

Also as far as food is concerned I cast my vote for sushi or ethiopian food because burgers are the -cat tallow biscuits- of the real world.

I'd say there is a better chance of biscuits being made from Cat Tallow in Ethiopian food than burgers, and we won't even talk about the sea kitten tallow you suggested here...

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 04, 2009, 01:48:52 pm »

I'd say there is a better chance of biscuits being made from Cat Tallow in Ethiopian food than burgers, and we won't even talk about the sea kitten tallow you suggested here...

Finely minced sea kitten meat and cave rice.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 04, 2009, 02:01:40 pm »

Seattle... for some reason life seems to be pointing me there lately. Until I'm done with school though, I can't really travel across the country. Bummer too.

Ah well, perhaps someone can work out rules for Tacticus, and you guys can hold a tournament!

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 04, 2009, 07:34:40 pm »

No actually it's more like to be -lightly fermented millet biscuits- and -butter sauteed lamb cutlets- than -cat tallow biscuits-

Actually if there's a place in Seattle where we can eat -plump mushroom biscuits-, -dwarven wine biscuits- and -cat tallow biscuits- I vote we go there for lulz

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2009, 02:38:16 pm »

All right, I'm going to make another thread as soon as we decide on a place to eat.  I've done some thinking and it seems like there's only one reasonable choice.

Last time we went to Ivar's, and while the atmosphere was great, the food was mediocre and it cost us an arm and a leg.  We need to go somewhere a bit less expensive, but still somewhere where there's a lot of tables we can pull together and a big space where it doesn't matter if we get a bit.. rowdy.  Plus, a place with really good food is preferred.

I don't want to do ethnic food, even if it's really good like Ethiopian, because there might be someone who doesn't like it and then they're out of luck.  Also, Ethiopian is really messy, everybody eating with their hands and stuff, which might not be good if we end up bringing laptops for fortressing.  So it should be a classic Americana place like Red Robin.  Except for the fact that the Red Robin down on the waterfront has waiters who must be stoned all the time because they forget people's orders and are terrible at cooking burgers.  I read a review by someone who said that their burger was almost uncooked resulting in food poisoning.

So, the only reasonable spot left in Seattle is the Pike Place Brewery.  It's got a big seating area and great food, it's open late, and even though the name might lead you to think that it's mainly about alcoholic drinks let me assure you that they have ample and delicious food and a lot of restaurant seating that's not 21+.  It's a great atmosphere and a fun place to hang out.  Plus it's not that expensive for Seattle:  entrees range from 9 to 15 bucks.

If people are agreed upon this, and agreed about the date May 9th, I'm going to make reservations and make a new thread.
Adon * Amil * Orethan
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14