Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?  (Read 19098 times)

Fishersalwaysdie

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of Threads
    • View Profile
    • http://chupacabra
Re: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:51 pm »

Too bad I can't come all the way from far parts of Europe to troll people.
Cannot find self-destruction button, could have sworn it's somewhere here...

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 01:42:40 am »

Last time we had 20 people say they would come and I think we got 11?  I wouldn't want to do this thing with less than, oh, eight people overall including Tarn and Zach, so I'm gonna wait until we have sixteen provisional people to start trying to hammer out a date.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 01:53:54 am »

If we do this after July I will be 17. If not I would go even now. I live in Northern CA but I might be able to use my miles on the airplanes to get a flight down*. I'm so totally going if this happens. :)
Edit: *Flight Up
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 02:32:13 am »

Sure are a lot of norcal bay area people around here, hell we could have our own mini-meet.  ::)

I was in Seattle for a wedding recently, but don't know if I could spare the cash flying up there a second time...

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 02:47:33 am »

How did you know I lived in the Bay Area!?!?!
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 02:53:10 am »

People Who Have Expressed an Ableness and Willingness To Go:

TurnpikeLad
Salmeuk
PTTG??(I think?)
Chandrasekhar
dibujante(I got confused because I thought you meant Vancouver Washington.  I was like "What? Canada?")
Toady One(duh)
Threetoe(duh^2)
Reinecker
Entorwellian
mutant mell
Alfador
Tylui
neo1096

@Zironic: I don't think we're imposing a mandatory age range
@Slinkyfest: What part?  Maybe you could hitch a ride with some other Canadi-ite?
@Portland Dwellers: Depending on whether or not I will have people with me, perhaps I might be able to give you a ride?  It might be awkward, but whatever, we're nerds anyway.  Socializing is ALWAYS awkward.
@Christes: Does that mean you're goin'?

So that's somewhere between 10 and 13 people!  This is going to be awesome!

I think it would work out best for me if it were sometime after April 1st, so I can save up and stuff, but yeah!  I really am excited. :3

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

You know, it's about the same price to drive as it is to fly.  And then if you take someone else it's cheaper. :P

MoonCabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • Robot Rock, Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 04:12:50 am »

so yeah i work in downtown Seattle so i can totally go (i didn't go last year cause of work, hopefully that won't be a problem this year). Not only that but it sounds like we got some people flying or driving to meet up. it'll be cool to hangout with some fellow DF brethren.

but really yeah count me in, this was always a good idea and should be supported more.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 10:30:02 am »

I will go.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 11:38:34 am »

My home base (college) is Santa Fe, NM, so I don't think I can sport the plane money. Even if I could, it'd be better spent on donations (or, if I have to besensible, food).
WRONG! The right answer is "Of course, and I'm getting a second job exclusively for donating to Toady One."

edit: I am driving down from Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA. I will have room for at least 5 extra people in my car, possibly 6. If you need a ride there and back, PM me and maybe we can split gas money (don't worry, the car is vaguely fuel-efficient).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:41:29 am by dibujante »

Fourth Triad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 02:42:30 pm »

I'll go if it's on a weekend.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 04:17:05 pm »

@Christes: Does that mean you're goin'?

Sure, but it would depend on the precise date/location etc.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 06:05:45 pm »

@Zironic: I don't think we're imposing a mandatory age range

I for one think it would be awesome if we had attendees who could span three generations (i.e. someone there old enough to be someone else's grandfather), or better yet, who actually did (i.e. grandparent and grandchild both attending). Any more than that though, and we'd start looking for bugs in the old age code... ;)
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 06:18:28 pm »

Well  :D you could invited players from the "future". I just think such events get not enought longtime publizity to attract Timetravellers.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 07:27:58 pm »

Well  :D you could invited players from the "future". I just think such events get not enought longtime publizity to attract Timetravellers.

That could cause a -3.
This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

mutant mell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 12:01:22 am »

I doubt it, that was supposed to be fixed in the Earth 0.4.600.942.217EAa beta release
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14