Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?  (Read 19144 times)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any interest for a 2009 Dwarf Fortress meetup?
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 03:04:50 am »

Anyone up for a mini Brisbane meet (QLD)?

Or perhaps setting a record for canoeing across the pacific west to east?
Magma is overrated.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2009, 05:49:28 am »

I'm certainly up for a meet somewhere in Australia. Maybe at this year's Gencon (which is in Brisbane, end of September) or at a Supanova? I can make it to the Sydney Supanova, but if I do that, I may not be able to go to Gencon in the same year.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2009, 07:48:23 am »

I would come, but I have half a year of "school" (the place where they stop teaching you stuff you need to know 2 years before the end) and live way out in eastern ontario.
In a year or two I may move out to alberta to live with relatives, so maybe then.
Eh?
Eh!

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2009, 08:59:55 am »

...BAY ARRERRARRAAaaa.... Hahahah, its not even that great, Especially in Oakland or Vallejo, or Fairfield....

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2009, 01:21:50 pm »

He he he, I grew up in Fairfield.  The area around there, especially Vacaville, has changed a lot since the 80s.  Vacaville became kind of a larger place.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

TurnpikeLad

• Bay Watcher
  • maybe this time
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2009, 03:04:11 pm »

So.  Saturdays in April are the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th.  Saturdays in May are the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th.  I think we should choose one of these days on which to hold the meet, unless anyone really wants to have it earlier.  If you already know you can't come on one of those days, speak up.

Also, we need to think about what kind of thing we want to do.  Just because we hung out at a seafood restaurant last time doesn't mean we can't go hiking, have a barbecue, or do whatever else this time.  Ideally we'd try to get another fort started, but that's not essential.  All ideas and opinions are welcome.

We've got as much time as we need to hammer out these details.  I'll probably make another thread when we've got a more solid plan, but that doesn't have to be for another month or two.
Adon * Amil * Orethan

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2009, 04:28:45 pm »

Unfortunately, since the US immigration department seems to think I'm a terrorist, the US is probably one of the places I'll never be able to visit legally.

dibujante

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2009, 06:32:46 pm »

So.  Saturdays in April are the 4th, 11th, 18th, and 25th.  Saturdays in May are the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th.  I think we should choose one of these days on which to hold the meet, unless anyone really wants to have it earlier.  If you already know you can't come on one of those days, speak up.

Also, we need to think about what kind of thing we want to do.  Just because we hung out at a seafood restaurant last time doesn't mean we can't go hiking, have a barbecue, or do whatever else this time.  Ideally we'd try to get another fort started, but that's not essential.  All ideas and opinions are welcome.

We've got as much time as we need to hammer out these details.  I'll probably make another thread when we've got a more solid plan, but that doesn't have to be for another month or two.
Those times are all good for me.

Any activity is okay but I disprefer pizza/bars and would prefer hiking/interesting restaurant/looming over Toady One's shoulder as he codes.

nagual678

• Bay Watcher
  • Noble Sam says: I want YOU for the Fortress Guard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2009, 08:10:30 pm »

I live in Brisbane but I would probably come to the meeting place, see the awkward amount of nerdiness and stroll on my way

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »

I would love to come, and would if it weren't for the fact that I live almost on the opposite corner of the country (Alabama). =/

Oh well. There's always hope for future years. =D
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 16, 2009, 09:36:53 pm »

He he he, I grew up in Fairfield.  The area around there, especially Vacaville, has changed a lot since the 80s.  Vacaville became kind of a larger place.

Well, it has gotten, how can you say? More like Vallejo.

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 16, 2009, 10:08:12 pm »

Erm . . . I take it Seattle isn't near South Carolina?

Hey! I live in South Carolina! For a while there I thought I was the only DF-er (fortresser?) in the entire state.

Jesus, it's going to turn out there's a whole infestation of us, I think.

Mwahaha!! Add me to the list of South Caroinian DF players. Perhaps we should have another get together in the southeast US and link the 2 meets via video-conference?

Unfortunately, i'm only 17 and i doubt mom'd let me attend...
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 12:35:55 am »

To clarify, I'll try to be there and unless there's a mudslide or some other cat of dogact of god, it looks likely that I'll make it.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 02:58:07 am »

someone make toady go on a world tour so we can all go meet him.

and umiman, dare i ask, why does the us think you are a terrorist? is it because of that stupid list thingy they have, and you fortuitously share a name with somone the immigration officials deemed as unsavoury?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 06:13:56 am »

I had the gall to be born in an Islamic country. It doesn't matter that I'm not Muslim myself, but I won't be able to get a visa unless I'm either:
a) rich
b) famous

or

c) a real terrorist with insider connections

A decade ago, I might have been able to get a visa but not now.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14