Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Even more excited about this Arc now  (Read 1129 times)

Rakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Even more excited about this Arc now
« on: January 18, 2009, 09:44:24 pm »

I started a new game recently, and after spending a little time in the legends screen I saw a few really cool things.  First, I was able to play as a civilization of dwarfs that was recently wiped out which I hope isn't removed later, I sort of picture these guys as refugees or dwarfs from other nations who had been impressed enough with their dealings with the fallen nation to want to refound that nation.  The second thing I noticed was that, of the fallen nation there were some children of the king that fled into a forest.  The king himself had defended his fortress successfully every year it was attacked, and was a legendary warrior of some kind because of all his kills.  The goblins couldn't raze the fortress until the very year he died of old age.  Anyway the reason all this excites me is that one of the dev items for this arc is the allowing of succession during game play, and the contestation of the positions as well.

I was thinking my new fort would have to eventually determine a new king, and if that king was not one of the old king's children and his children or children's children did eventually show up in a migrant wave or something, there would be a right of succession contestation.  Or maybe they would show up in a migrant wave before the fort was ready to decide a new king and they could be an heir apparent until the fort was ready or if they weren't old enough yet until they were an adult.  Just seems like if this is fleshed out in the depth that most of df features are that it will be really awesome.