Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Angry Tests of Cats  (Read 670 times)

Abaxial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/stultiloquent
The Angry Tests of Cats
« on: January 12, 2009, 05:33:11 pm »

We stand together, we seven, ready to strike out on our own.  I've been assigned as log-keeper for this journey, and while I had initially thought it meant I was to keep an eye out for our wagon of tower-caps, it was suggested by Paxial that perhaps my father had meant a log of a written kind.

I suppose it couldn't hurt, and while the nobility sleeps, we slip away into the night and under the open sky to escape the tyranny that has befallen our clan-home.

My father always said that life was an angry test, and that the angriest test of all were the angry tests of cats.  Such creatures that drew us to love them, despite their fragility.

It was one such angry test that brought our clan-home to it's knees.  A cat, a cat, our clan-home for a cat.

So, we strike out now on our own into the wilds to seek the distant mountains and a home of our own within.  We bring no cats of our own, for we have learned much from our leaders before us.

I am Abaxial Mellorian.  And this is our story.  The Angry Tests of Cats.

(Just getting started... we'll see if we can find a suitable clan-home location from which to grow.)