Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: WURM Online  (Read 25321 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WURM Online
« on: January 14, 2009, 02:46:37 am »

well i asked around and everyone seemed to know about dwarf fortress, said that about half the people play WURM also played it. so i thought it would be a good idea to have our own little thread here.

post questions, awsome things, or maybe we should make our own town.

People taking place in WURM

Micro102 - MicroDominatus

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:16:15 pm by Micro102 »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WURM Online
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 02:53:25 am »

After the guide, it's basically "do whatever."

A good strategy for foraging is to go a ways from town. You can bet the area around town is being searched constantly.

I'm not the best person to ask question 3 as I jumped right in with a group of people for the sole purpose of creating a DF village. It failed,  by the way. That's what we get for starting a village right at the end of a DF version slump. New version comes out and we all drop WURM to play it.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:29:18 am »

I read through all that topic  ;D
Seems that you'll have plenty of time before the next area is released though.
Oh, and don't put your town anywhere near giant scorpions!
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 03:34:27 am »

so anyone wanna make a town? im sure lots of people have accounts. and ive got the basics down. dirt to even out land, make sure its near a water source, mountian, and forest, but ive never built anything and i dont know what to build first...probably a feild, then a forge, and after that a house.....and from there idk.

so who's in? the game pretty much the closest thing to a 3-D dwarf fortress MMO around. and the premium server is even closer
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:10:09 am by Micro102 »

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 04:48:52 am »

I played for a month or so and got bored. I'm sure my character is still there though.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 04:59:33 am »

They get deleted after a month of inactivity unless it has premium time on it.

I got bored of it. I really loved it but it's not as fun anymore for me. The best way to survive? Grind skills for a while. Don't forget to forage and botanize. Even if you don't find anything, you gain skill. That skill is vital. Practice hot food cooking too. You'll need to at least be able to provide yourself a fish casserole now and then. By the way, fishing is the easiest source of food you can get. Don't settle for a normal fishing rod. You'll want a fine one. Shouldn't be hard to obtain.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 05:08:46 am »

They get deleted after a month of inactivity unless it has premium time on it.

Hmm not sure then, it was about a year ago, but I had a fair bit of premium time on it. I found I was just loging in to grind skills towards the end of it so wondered why I was playing it at all :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 05:17:58 am »

I don't recall the details. Maybe they only delete characters that never paid. Sure sucks when the alt that holds all your writs disappears.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 11:02:05 am »

i played it a bit too, but i have no needed net (my ports arent open) and anyway i get bored with it, all the restriction on free play, and all the restriction in game any way ... you cant even make an underground house, it is fustrating after DF ... but it is quite well as game ... it is just me who really wants to be able do anything if it makes sense in a game like wurm ... but of course it is really hard to make ... and if once someone will make a game with a almoste perfect liberty of actions, no server will be able to turning it :D
so give it a try i suggest you migth like it much ... (attantion getting up skills high enougth is sloooooow)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:26 am »

Personally I don't find it slow. It's perfect. It's not fun to be uber after one or two days of playing... I mean, where's the fun in becoming uber if it's so easy?
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009, 11:23:20 am »

if i didn't just go to wild sevrer, i would come and help you in game :(

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009, 03:00:05 pm »

There are a few wurm threads already, we even had a DF town in there once.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009, 03:03:04 pm »

nothing left but a greasy spot... :D
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »

well this time everyone finishes the guide quests, we all gather in newtown, and all head out in 1 direction miles away and build our own town.

Cajoes

• Bay Watcher
  • "I'm a damn cat."
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 06:04:53 pm »

Separate server for new peeps now, opened a few hours ago, apparently. >_>

Couldn't log into my old char, either deleted or corrupted, or something.
Dorf Magnus reporting in as Peasant.
Quote from: Roman Proverb
Do not argue against the sun. For it is a lot brighter than you are.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17